Preview 2018 Grand Final Premiership Posters by Mark Knight (NOW RELEASED!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Every herald sun premiership poster is a repeat of the previous ones from that team. They are for the people who love familiarity
My issue of similarity was more about both 2018 posters. They look like they were both modeled from the same idea, with a few tweaks (like the Eagle looking east with more vehemence and swoop). It can't be that hard to make a magpie and eagle look completely different in caricatured nature. As opponents, they should be sufficiently differentiated.

The various eagles are all different. WEG's Eagles all have similarities, but are identifiably different. They are going in different directions, have different coloured heads, different stances. There was even a separate poster and DVD cover in 2006. The newer Knight ones are obviously different again.

We don't yet have the problem of too many flags I guess.

True Story: After our 2006 QF loss, I drew my own take on a 2006 WEG poster. When we came back to win the flag, I hung that proudly in my childhood room until the parents eventually moved. Still have it. Along with a golden eagle balancing bird toy I picked up at the Sydney Museum in the 2006 pre-season (and then lost before Week 1 of finals), one of those superstitious totems which I grew to believe won us the flag lol. When we smashed Adelaide in Rnd 17 that season, I actually prayed before the balancing bird.

Didn't mind the Prelim one
DoIerNlV4AA-od5.jpg

I was expecting a lot of good jokes about his racist doodles. You guys have not disappointed me.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if that Serena Cartoon doesn't get brought up whenever they show the designs. If it was any paper besides the Herald Sun, They'd be finding someone else to do it because this guy is now damaged goods and for good reasons.
I honestly don't see the problem with the serena drawing. Its supposed to be like a caricature. Maybe he's damaged goods but for pretty bullshit reasons then imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be Australia’s own Wedge Tailed Eagle for the West Coast mascot,it’s a bigger and better looking bird than the Bald Eagle.

Only the South American condor is bigger.

Love for our Aussie bird.

I thought that bloke in gippsland killed all of the ones in Victoria. Maybe knight couldn't remember what they look like?

I honestly don't see the problem with the serena drawing. Its supposed to be like a caricature. Maybe he's damaged goods but for pretty bullshit reasons then imo.

Look into jim crow and the history of the "coon drawing"
Knight drew serena as a racist stereotype from the 1930s. The guy js a pig

I was expecting a lot of good jokes about his racist doodles. You guys have not disappointed me.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if that Serena Cartoon doesn't get brought up whenever they show the designs. If it was any paper besides the Herald Sun, They'd be finding someone else to do it because this guy is now damaged goods and for good reasons.
He is not ‘damaged goods’! Why did the Herald-Sun make his cartoons front page two days later? (not one day, because nobody in Australia complained,it only became a problem when the ‘always outraged’ in the US complained) Just to show that they won’t be, nor should be, pushed around by the ‘always whinging’ PC brigade.

Any West Coast supporters attending the reception at Langley Park tomorrow? I understand that is the only place the foil posters can be purchased (run is 2000 this year, up from 1000 or 1500 in past years).

Would like to maintain a complete collection of these... if anyone is in a position to grab me a foil poster, would love it if you could PM me and I'll transfer some cash (plus a little extra for your trouble).

Look into jim crow and the history of the "coon drawing"
Knight drew serena as a racist stereotype from the 1930s. The guy js a pig
its a caricature. how is it racist? because 80 years ago they did similar cartoons with racist intentions? are you not allowed to caricature black people? nobody said it was racist when knight did abbott, or gillard, or rudd, or kyrgios, or howard, etc.

Is there a need to release posters for both grand finalists? It's a waste of a design for the runner up.

They should just release the winning poster after the game and the losing design is kept up his sleeve.

Personally I prefer some of his designs over the WEG posters because of the extra detail. However his consistency isn't the same as WEG. The Eagle in this poster looks completely different to 2015. I'd prefer a similar look but just change the pose or angle of his drawing to differentiate.
I agree least shelf it for later on. Hawthorn's 2012 design was by far the best, actually looked like a cartoon hawk with nice vibrant colours, wasted design we wont get now.

Eagle fans, just letting you know the foil posters are gold and buy them immediately...people sell them on eBay for more than 1,000 and rightly so, when there’s only a few thousand made. Don’t hesitate.

I got my Richmond one and it’s aweosme

Already gone mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle fans, just letting you know the foil posters are gold and buy them immediately...people sell them on eBay for more than 1,000 and rightly so, when there’s only a few thousand made. Don’t hesitate.

I got my Richmond one and it’s aweosme
What's a foil poster?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back