2018 Grand Finalists - West Coast vs Collingwood ##Optus Stadium Friday 12th July## Round 17, 2019 ( Edited page 15 current discussion )

Who wins the rematch of the 2018 Grand Final between the Black and White Army and the Eagles

• Collingwood - They'll be too hungry with an added chip on their shoulder - Blowout Victory

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • West Coast - Dom Sheed will have a blinder and break their hearts at the death again

Votes: 53 27.5%
  • Pies in a close one

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Eagles to roll at the G winning comprehensively

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Takes place in round 3, Saturday night at the G. The mighty Magpies host the West Coast Eagles in a rematch of the epic encounter produced on that famous final Saturday in September last year. Footy season hasn't even started yet. Hell, pre-season or AFL X hasn't even started yet. But I know this much, Collingwood will come out guns blazing and will be gunning for blood. Like a hungry, ferocious Lion roaming the jungle the Pies will be looking to make a statement and a statement they'll make indeed. West Coast will have no answer for the Magpies who will be roaring to go after marking down this fixture on their AFL calendar, keen to make amends for that bitter defeat as the Eagles snatched the Cup from their grasp.

West Coast will get torched. Book mark it. This will be one of many warnings the Black and White's dish out to their opponents in season 2019.

Collingwood will win the Premiership.

edited - Round 16 now but next week is round 17 and the match of the season to date looms.

Last edited:

Wasn't WC undefeated in Victoria in 2018?
Didnt West Coast beat Collingwood, not once.....not twice but thrice last season also?

Shep and Gaff to come into the GF day squad also a factor you may want to consider.

Im nervous about this one, but I cant see us getting pumped, Pies might pip us or we might pip them, flip of the coin as things stand now.
After round two though all (including the OP) may have a different feeling heading into this one.

I made this post a month and a half ago. I'll stand by said prediction IF the Eagles beat GWS which I'm starting to doubt. I actually think the Eagles will win if they get rolled Saturday night. I don't think they'll go 0-3. If they do win, Pies to win and probably in a blood bath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on the Pies for copying our game plan, held them in good stead vs Richmond, that’s for sure. Also good to see precision football beating that ‘chaos’ rubbish that’s been in vogue the last couple of years simply because Bulldogs and Tigers fluked flags. Precision footy netted Hawthorn a 3-peat after all.

Good on the Pies for copying our game plan, held them in good stead vs Richmond, that’s for sure. Also good to see precision football beating that ‘chaos’ rubbish that’s been in vogue the last couple of years simply because Bulldogs and Tigers fluked flags. Precision footy netted Hawthorn a 3-peat after all.

I'll wear the "copy" tag (like you invented high posession footy!) to agree with you... it's infinitely more enjoyable to watch skilled, passing footy than to watch the mess we've all had to put up with in recent years.

It's also nice to hear coaches and players saying they adjust their gameplan according to the opponent, rather than trotting out the old lines about blindly trusting in a one-size-fits-all style of play.

I'll wear the "copy" tag (like you invented high posession footy!) to agree with you... it's infinitely more enjoyable to watch skilled, passing footy than to watch the mess we've all had to put up with in recent years.

It's also nice to hear coaches and players saying they adjust their gameplan according to the opponent, rather than trotting out the old lines about blindly trusting in a one-size-fits-all style of play.
I think you chipped it around more than usual to nullify our pressure game. Cant tackle if you mark the ball. Great coaching and execution. I dont think you will play like that every week. It was almost a record number of marks, that's clearly a deliberate ploy, you wont post those numbers every week. Credit for execution of it on the night though.

With what forward line?

Collingwood have added 3 jets in the off season, Elliot, Moore and Beams whilst we have pretty much
the same list.

Gaff to come back but Rioli will still be out I reckon.
That could be the difference in the end.
I hope not.

I'd be backing us at home though.
When do Collingwood leave the Gee this year?
I notice Richmond have their next 2 away interstate.

Collingwood have added 3 jets in the off season, Elliot, Moore and Beams whilst we have pretty much
the same list.

Gaff to come back but Rioli will still be out I reckon.
That could be the difference in the end.
I hope not.

I'd be backing us at home though.
When do Collingwood leave the Gee this year?
I notice Richmond have their next 2 away interstate.
agree with this. The game should have been at home with the flag unfurled. We would probably win at home. AT the G though with the pies momentum after that great win, the pain of the GF, i think they may get up. Degoey is looking bloody ominous though. He could easily rip us a new one.

Think Collingwood might win this comfortably the way they blew Richmond away with such ease. I really think this could be Collingwood's year to lift the cup they look dangerous all over the field.

Back