2018 Grand Finalists - West Coast vs Collingwood ##Optus Stadium Friday 12th July## Round 17, 2019 ( Edited page 15 current discussion )

Who wins the rematch of the 2018 Grand Final between the Black and White Army and the Eagles

• Collingwood - They'll be too hungry with an added chip on their shoulder - Blowout Victory

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • West Coast - Dom Sheed will have a blinder and break their hearts at the death again

Votes: 53 27.5%
  • Pies in a close one

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Eagles to roll at the G winning comprehensively

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but the 2010 and 2015 premiers won their rematch. Read my post again
Yeah okay I might’ve put an extra “the” into my reading that changed the meaning.

But if we’re gonna cherrypick comfortable victories I really don’t see the point. Some teams that got smacked failed to bounce back at all.

Should be a cracker game

With a bolstered backline and more senior small forwards - id back collingwood

Despite our win last week / I do think we are behind the 8-ball early in the season - we do seem a little underprepared

On the midfield depth - as much as the pies have greater star quality - for some reason our midfield group have developed a great cohesion/chemistry

I actually think the game will be won through Elliot and De goey

As a football fan i’d love 2 close scoring H&A encounters before the sides hopefully meet again sometime during this years final series.

Pies by 1.

Is there any real interest from neutrals for this game? I feel it is still far too early in the season for there to be any ‘passion’ from both sets of supporters around the result.

Hopefully it’s a cracking game and doesn’t disappoint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any real interest from neutrals for this game? I feel it is still far too early in the season for there to be any ‘passion’ from both sets of supporters around the result.

Hopefully it’s a cracking game and doesn’t disappoint.
Couldn't agree more, I think it's been fixtured far too early. Let the teams shake off the pre season ring rust and build some proper anticipation. Round 6 or 7 would be the ideal time imo if they're scheduled to play each other twice

Amazed at the supporters in this thread the bet against their team. I could never do that.

The Pies are a quality side, but the Eagles are the real deal I think, and will win comfortably.

One caution is Hickey needs to step up with Vardy to manage Grundy. Hickey had a good game last week, but he owned Dawson Simpson last year at Etthiad as well. Seems to have the wood on him.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more, I think it's been fixtured far too early. Let the teams shake off the pre season ring rust and build some proper anticipation. Round 6 or 7 would be the ideal time imo if they're scheduled to play each other twice

Funnily enough plenty of people want a grand final re-match in Round 1 (which I completely disagree with). Round 6, 7, 8 is the perfect time for a rematch. Both clubs will have settled in, maybe they're near the top of the ladder or fighting for a good spot. As a neutral, I'm not that interested in the match this week but if had been pushed to 1/3 of the way into the season it'd be far more interesting

Amazed at the supporters in this thread the bet against their team. I could never do that.

The Pies are a qualitative, but the Eagles are the real deal I think, and will win comfortably.

One caution is Hickey needs to step up with Vardy to manage Grundy. Hickey had a good game last week, but he owned Dawson Simpson last year at Etthiad as well. Seems to have the wood on him.
I always bet against my team if the odds are juicy enough.

That way if you lose it takes the sting out of it.

Got on carlton for ridiculous odds in 2006 at subi and they got 8 goals ahead or something stupid - i then got my prospective winnings from the carlton bet on wc at half time at stupid odds and we ended up winning and i made a motsa.

Made a great day even better

Buckley summed it up pretty well on SEN.

“We’re both 1-1, we both were a bit sluggish out of the blocks and West Coast looked really good last week.

“We’re trying to establish our 2019 season up against a side that beat us three times last year, not just in the Grand Final.

“We’ve got to find a solution to the way they play, not to the Grand Final result, but to the way that they play and see if we can crack the code.”

This is the exact reason why it’s silly having a GF replay in Round 1. I’m with you.

You’re not allowed to talk common sense. What you’ve said above does not work for people/media’s narrative about Saturday night being be all and end all!

If Collingwood win I think we will present the 2018 premiership cup back to them on the ground after the game.

Back