2018 Grand Finalists - West Coast vs Collingwood ##Optus Stadium Friday 12th July## Round 17, 2019 ( Edited page 15 current discussion )

Who wins the rematch of the 2018 Grand Final between the Black and White Army and the Eagles

• Collingwood - They'll be too hungry with an added chip on their shoulder - Blowout Victory

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • West Coast - Dom Sheed will have a blinder and break their hearts at the death again

Votes: 53 27.5%
  • Pies in a close one

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Eagles to roll at the G winning comprehensively

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Massive game and I'm already looking forward to this clash next week on Friday Night. Pretty much a year to the day when the Eagles ended their hoodoo against the Pies, a run stretching back 23 years where they last tasted victory at the MCG vs the Black and Whites. Gaff gathered 30 possessions, Nit Nat went down doing his ACL as the Eagles fought off an early onslaught of Collingwood pressure and domination recording a famous scalp. Two meetings later and West Coast were premiers beating them in week 1 at Optus Stadium in the Qualifying Final, and again in the Granny 3 weeks later. Another famous road win, again at the MCG in round 3, the Grand Final rematch with Gaff B.O.G yet again. Both these sides will go into next weeks game with a lot to prove and massive confidence taken out of it by the winner.

Huge! Bigger than..........Texas

* cringes *

Right now the margin looks huge too, not one to throw in the towel before having said towel but no one can convince me we're just gonna flick the switch and come out and suffocate the eagles (let alone hawks) like we did in the QF and actually win this game.

We are trying to control the game through careful transition, spread the link up too far and then invite pressure and turnover.

The exact opposite of the corresponding game at optus last year.

Can anyone convince me we are going to see a complete form reversal in the space of two games? I don't think so, wc by 50+

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
We don,t need bloody jets. Our biggest advantage is Optus and the MCG configuration. This is where the Croweaters stuffed up.
Also helps that our new training grounds at Lathlain park are the exact dimensions of the MCG. Therefore it helps a great deal

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Right now the margin looks huge too, not one to throw in the towel before having said towel but no one can convince me we're just gonna flick the switch and come out and suffocate the eagles (let alone hawks) like we did in the QF and actually win this game.

We are trying to control the game through careful transition, spread the link up too far and then invite pressure and turnover.

Can anyone convince me we are going to see a complete form reversal in the space of two games? I don't think so, wc by 50+
West Coast Smashed GWS then beat the Pies at the G. Beat Freo next week, then the week after that got smoked on their home deck to Port, who lost the week before to a depleted Richmond ( see all the stars they had missing ) Richmond were coming off spankings to you guys, and the Giants. Port beat Geelong two weeks ago, then lost to the Dogs a week later.

Shall I go on? Regardless what happens next Friday Night, anything can and has happened.

West Coast lost to Sydney a few weeks ago ( no surprise for anyone that follows the game ) but so many people were tipping West Coast much like you are now. Yes it's at Optus and not in Sydney, but if you don't get the drift especially with the above games ( and there's heaps more ) then it's about time you did some research.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Pies win 7 games, have that snapped by Freo, who then beat Port and proceed to lose to bottom sides Melbourne ( dees near the bottom anyway ) and Carlton minus Cripps

GWS beat the previously undefeated Cats at Fortress GMHBA Stadium, then lose a week later to Freo at Spotless

I could go on a lot more from this season only. But I won't.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
West Coast Smashed GWS then beat the Pies at the G. Beat Freo next week, then the week after that got smoked on their home deck to Port, who lost the week before to a depleted Richmond ( see all the stars they had missing ) Richmond were coming off spankings to you guys, and the Giants. Port beat Geelong two weeks ago, then lost to the Dogs a week later.

Shall I go on? Regardless what happens next Friday Night, anything can and has happened.

West Coast lost to Sydney a few weeks ago ( no surprise for anyone that follows the game ) but so many people were tipping West Coast much like you are now. Yes it's at Optus and not in Sydney, but if you don't get the drift especially with the above games ( and there's heaps more ) then it's about time you did some research.

Oh I understand all of those results, that's not the issue. The issue is the form and how quickly we can turn it around that will determine the winner.

Using unexpected results and it just might happen doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that the required form will just magically appear.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Next Friday night just got even bigger and more pivotal in the scheme of things for the Magpies.

Huge!

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol we’re going to get smashed.
I wouldn't write off the Pies. Good in backs to the wall situations, particularly away from home. I'm not predicting either way, but who's to say you guys won't have a massive road win which reignites your season? Look at what's transpired this year with the Blues beating Freo last week minus Cripps. GWS beat us at the Cattery handing us our first loss, then were beaten by Freo a week later in Canberra. Freo could win tonight, or get belted, just like West Coast could belt you guys and vice versa. Port torched them at Optus a week after losing at home to a depleted Richmond at the Adelaide Oval.

Anything can happen.

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
Oddly enough I think this fixture actually comes at a pretty good time for the pies.

After being extremely disappointing for a month they get out of Melbourne, play an 8pt game which noone expects them to win and which will totally get their season back on track of they get the points. After having been controlled by West Coast for 4 straight games, a win here would be a huge psychological boost for them.

If they're struggling with motivation or pressure, this is really a good chance for them to stop the rot and get everything back on track.

alexmcd

Team Captain
May 22, 2011
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
We do, but I think we have a harder run home v gws. Not talking about form, still play pies, Tigers, Adelaide, hawks again. A few easy ones, but those aren’t gimmies

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Collingwood simply have to lift. Losing 3 straight and 5 straight against West Coast is a massive confidence killer. Still they could steady the ship the week after against GWS and not beyond them to win every game for the remainder of the year. Still some hard games like Richmond, Adelaide away and Dons to finish the season as well as a couple dicey games.

The winners dicks will grow 10 inches Friday night. For another week at least.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Bring back Varcoe imo. Got some great opening goals for the Pies against WCE in the finals and brings good energy on and off the ball. De Goey had good games in the 2018 finals too, needs to step up. Pendy, Sidebottom, Treloar, can't be found wanting. Cox needs to be a presence.

Spuddigger

Senior List
Oct 19, 2018
Australind WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur.

If nothing else , nothing is given this season.The comp is pretty even.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
big boy.jpg

get back big boy!

dom sheed picsssss.jpg

Back