MVP 2018 GWS Most Valuable Player Award - Winner revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a pretty good reflection on the season but honestly Whitfield should be winning this by the length of the Flemington straight! He has been ridiculously good.
It took him a month or so to fit into the role, and during that month or so period Cogs was dominant, thus the lead Cogs had needs to be made up, on top of which Cogs has been pretty good himself so not losing points to Lachie all that fast

It’s a pretty good reflection on the season but honestly Whitfield should be winning this by the length of the Flemington straight! He has been ridiculously good.
I think after last week he'll be closing up the gap with Cogs coming into round 20.

It took him a month or so to fit into the role, and during that month or so period Cogs was dominant, thus the lead Cogs had needs to be made up, on top of which Cogs has been pretty good himself so not losing points to Lachie all that fast

Cogs has been absolutely terrific but Whitfield is different level imo. He does a couple of things every week that no other player in the comp is capable of!

Cogs has been absolutely terrific but Whitfield is different level imo. He does a couple of things every week that no other player in the comp is capable of!
Both stars, just anecdotally I know Cogs got most of my votes early on, but they have been split between him and Lachie most weeks since by me and I think most of us, thus the math..

Sophie's choice really. Always loved Cogs for his work ethic and skills - love to see him win it, deservingly so plus an original. But Lachie has bounced back so well since last year's troubles, and his performance off half-back this year has been so critical to our success this year he's equally deserving. First tied KS medal the solution?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back