NFL 2018 Head Coach/ OC/DC & GM News

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, Rivera did drop the hint after we lost to the Saints that Walks would be HC somewhere.

Our DC stocks have copped a battering the past two years. Going to need outside help i think, can't see any in house promotions on this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Rivera did drop the hint after we lost to the Saints that Walks would be HC somewhere.

Our DC stocks have copped a battering the past two years. Going to need outside help i think, can't see any in house promotions on this one.

Annnnnd goes to show how much i know...

They've already done it, bro. ;)

My stupid life and refusing to activate any social media alerts on my devices.

I'd miss Armageddon if my blinds were shut.

Jets likely to promote QBs coach Jeremy Bates to offensive coordinator. Bates was previously the offensive coordinator for the Seahawks in 2010, but was fired from the role with three years left on his contract. After a year out of football, he was appointed the QBs coach for the Bears in 2012, but was again sacked after one season. He then spent four seasons out of football before becoming the QBs coach of the Jets last season.

It is unknown whether the Jets have formally interviewed any other candidates, though it's reported that head coach Todd Bowles did have conversations with former Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley about taking on the same role with the Jets.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...romote-jeremy-bates-offensive-coordinator-job

Mike Vrabel, the new head coach of the Titans, has fired all the coordinators inherited from Mike Mularkey, with Terry Robiskie, Dick LeBeau and Steve Hoffman all let go. Indeed, Vrabel has swept the broom through most of the coaching ranks with only one person - defensive backs coach Deshea Townsend (a teammate of Vrabel at the Steelers) - given the opportunity to interview for his job.

Former Cardinals defensive coordinator James Bettcher is expected to meet the Titans and the Giants next Tuesday with respect to their DC positions. Ohio State co-offensive coordinator Ryan Day is the reported preferred candidate for the vacant offensive coordinator position with the Titans.

http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-...-nearly-all-assistants-including-coordinators

Jets likely to promote QBs coach Jeremy Bates to offensive coordinator. Bates was previously the offensive coordinator for the Seahawks in 2010, but was fired from the role with three years left on his contract. After a year out of football, he was appointed the QBs coach for the Bears in 2012, but was again sacked after one season. He then spent four seasons out of football before becoming the QBs coach of the Jets last season.

It is unknown whether the Jets have formally interviewed any other candidates, though it's reported that head coach Todd Bowles did have conversations with former Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley about taking on the same role with the Jets.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...romote-jeremy-bates-offensive-coordinator-job
Whats the story on this bloke? Reading between the lines suggests a toot-toot problem

Giants hired ex-Cardinals DC James Bettcher as defensive coordinator.

Bettcher picked the Giants over the Titans after the Cardinals passed over him in favor of Steve Wilks for their head-coaching job. Bettcher had been the Cardinals' defensive play-caller the past three seasons after Todd Bowles left to coach the Jets. The two will now work in the same home stadium for different teams. Bettcher ran a 3-4 front in Arizona, while the Giants have been a 4-3 team for years. Olivier Vernon and Jason Pierre-Paul may play in more two-point stances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back