NFL 2018 Head Coach/ OC/DC & GM News

Remove this Banner Ad

Any Colts fans out there wanna vent frustrations with me?

I feel so alone as an Aussie Colts fan.

This sucks, I don't care so much about Josh but we have basically no hope of signing a good HC now, especially if we're going to honour those contracts.

**** I hope we fix the O-Line so at least we have Luck on the field, gotta have something go right sometime.

CD I am not unsympathetic to your plight and any way you look at it is not ideal.
The NFL need to address the timing of all the Coaching Appointments .

While you are definitely left disadvantaged by the late timing of it all conversely so were / are the Patriots had Josh left , as he was taking the assistant QB coach Jerry Schuplinski and the Special Teams coach Joe Judge with him to the Colts.

I don’t expect any sympathy from any on this board for the Patriots had the three above and Patricia all left at this late stage.
But most fair minded people ,I would hope , can acknowledge that the way the timing has played out is not goood for any team who could have been in a similar situation so regardless of who you support I think there are some glaring weakness that need to be addressed by the shiny office overlooking Central Park.

Back coaching college, aka where he should be.

Would be awesome to see John Harbaugh at Indy. Cant see it happening but would be great to see.

John or Jim ?

Jim, my bad.

I don’t mind the idea TBH .

I thought he was badly treated and white anted at the 49ers.
Hard to get the result they were after when the GM and one of his trusted assistance were conspiring against him.

His record was pretty good before the treachery knobblied him.

I don’t mind the idea TBH .

I thought he was badly treated and white anted at the 49ers.
Hard to get the result they were after when the GM and one of his trusted assistance were conspiring against him.

He record was pretty good before the treachery knobblied him.

With all the money and the power he has at Michigan i can't see him turning his back on that to answer to someone again in the NFL.

I reckon you would have to offer him a godfather/BB Pats scenario to get him back in the NFL where he has personal control. Ballard is a respectable GM, but i still reckon Jim would be feeling pretty burnt over what happened in SF.

Would love to see him back in the NFL though, clearly the bloke can coach.

With all the money and the power he has at Michigan i can't see him turning his back on that to answer to someone again in the NFL.

I reckon you would have to offer him a godfather/BB Pats scenario to get him back in the NFL where he has personal control. Ballard is a respectable GM, but i still reckon Jim would be feeling pretty burnt over what happened in SF.

True .

But I am sure the Ego would be tempting Jim to maybe take center stage once again and show the naysayers up.
A final up your to York for listening too and backing the wrong people.

But your right he is on a very good wicket and has fully autonomy where he is so why move.

But never say never .

Harbaugh has been a name brought up alot on the Colts forum I'm on.

He's probably the most appealing name right now.

Any Colts fans out there wanna vent frustrations with me?

I feel so alone as an Aussie Colts fan.

This sucks, I don't care so much about Josh but we have basically no hope of signing a good HC now, especially if we're going to honour those contracts.

**** I hope we fix the O-Line so at least we have Luck on the field, gotta have something go right sometime.
I'm with ya mate, McDaniels is an absolute piece of s***.

Would love nothing more than for Brady to retire after 2018, McDaniels to lead the pats to a 0-16 season in 2019 and then never get a gig in the NFL again.

In the meantime, I'd be keen for Arians to swing out of retirement and bring a healthy Andrew Luck back to win comeback player of the year in a surprise playoff year.

I'm with ya mate, McDaniels is an absolute piece of s***.

Would love nothing more than for Brady to retire after 2018, McDaniels to lead the pats to a 0-16 season in 2019 and then never get a gig in the NFL again.

In the meantime, I'd be keen for Arians to swing out of retirement and bring a healthy Andrew Luck back to win comeback player of the year in a surprise playoff year.

OH MY GOD ANOTHER COLTS FAN!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colts find comfort in possibly avoiding an even bigger mess
Posted by Mike Florio on February 7, 2018, 7:38 AM EST
460871272-e1518007070614.jpg

Getty Images

So how are the Colts processing the fact that Josh McDaniels left them standing at the altar? The Colts have managed to find a silver lining.

As one source explained it to PFT on Tuesday night, the Colts are happy that this happened now and not a year from now, after a full season of the pressures and stresses of being an NFL head coach force a person’s true nature to bubble to the surface.

Remember when Nick Saban quit on the Dolphins after only two years? They surely would have preferred that Saban would have never taken the job. The Colts consider Tuesday’s events a Saban-style bullet dodged.

Ditto for the Falcons and less-than-one-season coach Bobby Petrino. The Falcons surely would have preferred that Petrino had never taken the job in the first place.

So the Colts have reason to be happy about this. Especially since sometimes the second choice ends up being the better choice.

Indeed, Doug Pederson was the second choice in Philly two years ago. The first choice? Ben McAdoo.

Patriots OC Josh McDaniels' agent, Bob LaMonte, has terminated his relationship with McDaniels after he decided to bail on the Colts' job.

Typically, the player/coach is the one who fires the agent; not the other way around. But LaMonte also represents Colts GM Chris Ballard and a number of other coaches and executives. LaMonte likely figures that him representing a flake like McDaniels also paints him in a bad light. Which is probably true. By bailing out on the Colts, McDaniels did what he thought was best for him.

Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter

The Colts requested to interview Saints TEs coach/assistant head coach Dan Campbell for their head-coaching vacancy.

Campbell, 41, was the Dolphins' interim head coach in 2015 after the team fired Joe Philbin. He's been in New Orleans with Sean Payton ever since and interviewed for the Vikings' OC job a couple weeks back. Campbell is a riser in the coach ranks and joins Eagles OC Frank Reich in the Colts' new search.

Plenty of Jets fans I know wish the Johnson brothers would open the cheque book and give Harbaugh a blank one to do whatever he wants.

Harbaugh's style tires fast on NFL players, though.

Funnily enough though there seem to be some rumblings that his brother's job in Baltimore is not as secure as it once was - the goodwill obtained from the Super Bowl win has just about dried up.

The Colts requested to interview Saints TEs coach/assistant head coach Dan Campbell for their head-coaching vacancy.

Campbell, 41, was the Dolphins' interim head coach in 2015 after the team fired Joe Philbin. He's been in New Orleans with Sean Payton ever since and interviewed for the Vikings' OC job a couple weeks back. Campbell is a riser in the coach ranks and joins Eagles OC Frank Reich in the Colts' new search.
The fact that the Colts now want to interview Frank Reich will have an on flow affect on the Vikings pursuit of John DeFilippo. The Eagles won't let both walk out of the building so either Reich stays as OC or if Reich goes to the Colts, DeFilippo likely becomes the Eagles new OC.

Kevin Stefanski firming as the new OC for the Vikings.....

The fact that the Colts now want to interview Frank Reich will have an on flow affect on the Vikings pursuit of John DeFilippo. The Eagles won't let both walk out of the building so either Reich stays as OC or if Reich goes to the Colts, DeFilippo likely becomes the Eagles new OC.

Kevin Stefanski firming as the new OC for the Vikings.....
I dont think they can prevent DeFlippo from walking since it would be a promotion.

I dont think they can prevent DeFlippo from walking since it would be a promotion.

Flip is out of contract, so we can't even block him.

Funnily enough though there seem to be some rumblings that his brother's job in Baltimore is not as secure as it once was - the goodwill obtained from the Super Bowl win has just about dried up.

For completely different reasons to why Jim was run out of the NFL.

Some Ravens fans want John gone because he is seemingly content to rely on "consistency" of coaching staff, even when they aren't good and because the team has slid into mediocrity (for multiple different reasons that probably aren't all his fault).

That said, the ESPN article that you probably read last week that quoted the owner as having considered firing him is overblown. Watching the actual press conference made it clear that it was nothing more than the fleeting frustrations of a fan and was never a realistic chance of happening

Colts find comfort in possibly avoiding an even bigger mess
Posted by Mike Florio on February 7, 2018, 7:38 AM EST
460871272-e1518007070614.jpg

Getty Images

So how are the Colts processing the fact that Josh McDaniels left them standing at the altar? The Colts have managed to find a silver lining.

As one source explained it to PFT on Tuesday night, the Colts are happy that this happened now and not a year from now, after a full season of the pressures and stresses of being an NFL head coach force a person’s true nature to bubble to the surface.

Remember when Nick Saban quit on the Dolphins after only two years? They surely would have preferred that Saban would have never taken the job. The Colts consider Tuesday’s events a Saban-style bullet dodged.

Ditto for the Falcons and less-than-one-season coach Bobby Petrino. The Falcons surely would have preferred that Petrino had never taken the job in the first place.

So the Colts have reason to be happy about this. Especially since sometimes the second choice ends up being the better choice.

Indeed, Doug Pederson was the second choice in Philly two years ago. The first choice? Ben McAdoo.
Until their next choice also bails after 2 years :straining:

Patriots OC Josh McDaniels' agent, Bob LaMonte, has terminated his relationship with McDaniels after he decided to bail on the Colts' job.

Typically, the player/coach is the one who fires the agent; not the other way around. But LaMonte also represents Colts GM Chris Ballard and a number of other coaches and executives. LaMonte likely figures that him representing a flake like McDaniels also paints him in a bad light. Which is probably true. By bailing out on the Colts, McDaniels did what he thought was best for him.

Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter
Interesting you pointed out the relationships in that. Its my fear about the incestuous nature of management that can lead to issues in AFL.

It then makes me think LaMonte drove this all the way and either McDaniels was not 100% on board and LaMonte pushed his client into something he didnt want all to make another client happy '' yeah Chris I can guaran-damn-tee McDaniels , its a done deal . Dont worry if he doesnt seem 100% committed I will make him''

Or McDaniels truly is a campaigner

Was interviewed and offered the job on the spot. Not sure what that means for QB coach Stefanski who was rumoured to be following Shurmur to the Giants as OC if he didn't get the Vikings OC job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back