2018 Hottest 100

Remove this Banner Ad

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
I noticed that there isn’t a thread yet, so here we go.

It’s not looking like like it’ll be a flash one this year, with some of the contenders being the epitome of bland (Dean Lewis and Amy Shark) and the epitome of a dickhead (Fisher). There’s also the Gambino meme, and Drake and Post Malone are unfortunately quite a chance.

Got my votes sorted early.
I Voted:
BROCKHAMPTON - BOOGIE
CHVRCHES - Get Out
Ghost - Rats
Hard Aches, The - Mess
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - All Is Known
Muse - The Dark Side
Sarah Blasko - A Shot
Stonefield - Delusion
Tkay Maidza - Big Things
Weeknd, The - Call Out My Name

One of those new Rubens songs was pretty cool

Y6R3jS9.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is as good a place as any to leave this; the hottest 100 songs to have missed the hottest 100. Some absolute legendary tracks in here from the Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Oasis, Radiohead and more.

https://tonedeaf.thebrag.com/hottest-100-omissions-1/
Good topic, looking @ the list there are a lot of songs I wouldn't argue with being left out. Pretty much anything from Foos or PJ would feature for me, have posted Disarm b4 and Silverchair have at least a couple that should have made it.

Linkin Park - Numb!

2018 H100.PNG
SAN MARCOS my number 1 song of the year. Bit of an odd song but it just keeps getting better the further you go into the song and belting out the end is a great sing-a-long.
I can't believe I voted for Drake... never thought I'd see the day. But its just so damn catchy

I noticed that there isn’t a thread yet, so here we go.

It’s not looking like like it’ll be a flash one this year, with some of the contenders being the epitome of bland (Dean Lewis and Amy Shark) and the epitome of a dickhead (Fisher). There’s also the Gambino meme, and Drake and Post Malone are unfortunately quite a chance.
Bro if you don't like it, don't talk about it bra

I have seen the 100 Warm Tunas 2018 prediction playlist and the countdown seems to be turning more and more into a Triple J "Unearthed 100" every year since about 2014.

I used to enjoy the year's snapshot of popular global alternative music the Hottest 100 would provide, with some Australian tracks scattered throughout the countdown to make it uniquely “Triple J”. However recent countdowns provide minimal insight into what is actually making waves across the globe, with voters preferring to favour generic local artists simply because they are Australian.

Would anyone care or listen to The Rubens, Vera Blue, Mallrat, Ball Park Music or Meg Mac if they were from the UK or South Africa say? Absolutely no chance.

Last edited:
I have seen the 100 Warm Tunas 2018 prediction playlist and the countdown seems to be turning more and more into a Triple J "Unearthed 100" every year since about 2014.

I used to enjoy the year's snapshot of popular global alternative music the Hottest 100 would provide, with some Australian tracks scattered throughout the countdown to make it uniquely “Triple J”. However recent countdowns provide minimal insight into what is actually making waves across the globe, with voters preferring to favour generic local artists simply because they are Australian.

Would anyone care or listen to The Rubens, Vera Blue, Mallrat, Ball Park Music or Meg Mac if they were from the UK or South Africa say? Absolutely no chance.
Just a reflection on what the ratio of music they play on triple J now. Plenty of home grown stuff. Im sure the percent would have only gone up.

DaRenegade as we are getting closer to the countdown I'm getting more interested. I had no intention of making a prediction this year, but I think I will in the end. Are you going to do won, especially after your success of last year?

A question for everyone, how do you think Trophy Eyes will finish in the end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back