Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know what the injury is with Lobb?
I thought I heard ribs mentioned but that may have been the commentary
And with Lloyd I just added to my very basic medical knowledge and for the medial collateral ligament (MCL) injury
grade 1 a few days to heal
grade 2 4 weeks
grade 3 8 weeks
and interesting the club hasn't released more info this week but maybe we will have to wait till tuesday
Lobb to probably be a test and Lloyd to be a TBC till tuesday
So from last week
Tim Mohr Shoulder Test
Tom Scully Ankle 7 weeks
Brett Deledio Calf 7-9 weeks
Toby Greene Foot TBC
Zac Williams Achilles TBC
Will Setterfield Knee Season
Lachie Tiziani Knee Season
Leon referred to a minor rib injury for Rory, and "not sure how many many but weeks after the bye" for Daniel

I think I heard Leon say something like that. I don’t think we will see Rory for a month.
We need to try and find the stack of ladders that Leon keeps walking under between his office and the Ferrari proving grounds

Anyone know what the injury is with Lobb?
I thought I heard ribs mentioned but that may have been the commentary
And with Lloyd I just added to my very basic medical knowledge and for the medial collateral ligament (MCL) injury
grade 1 a few days to heal
grade 2 4 weeks
grade 3 8 weeks
and interesting the club hasn't released more info this week but maybe we will have to wait till tuesday
Lobb to probably be a test and Lloyd to be a TBC till tuesday
So from last week
Tim Mohr Shoulder Test
Tom Scully Ankle 7 weeks
Brett Deledio Calf 7-9 weeks
Toby Greene Foot TBC
Zac Williams Achilles TBC
Will Setterfield Knee Season
Lachie Tiziani Knee Season
Lobb a small fracture in his back. Will miss at least a month

AFL.com just reported

another chance for a young'un to come in and prove his worth - Surely Flynn gets his crack.

we'll get through these injuries together, they bloody suck but we will be better for it. bring on the Lions !!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad luck for Lobb but the position has a high rate of injury and especially as most teams play one ruck nowadays it is a hard position to fill but I am confident Lobb has the attributes to play as a dominant ruck but he will need strong back up for a couple of years as his physique seems light but I think it is down to him being able to keep his mobility
Although bad news for Lloyd with the injury he has been relatively injury free over his short career and he will be back before the end of the season and will have time to push for a spot if the clubs makes finals
Good to see Setterfield back running and he has plenty of others being able to help with advice on the way back and also he seems to be back running sooner than some of the others who have gone through the operation. Kennedy was well over a year on his comeback so maybe Setterfields wasn't as bad but I think the club is conservative with players and ACLs due to wanting to avoid a repeat situation like Patton and Ahern and did Mohr do his ACL twice? I don't mind the club taking a conservative approach with him and hope to see him playing NEAFL early next year
Scully seems to have pushed out as I thought he may have been back round 15/16 but it could be round 20 with him listed at 6-8 weeks

Scully still listed at 6-8 weeks and I am making a leap here but the club could put him in for more surgery on the ankle if it doesn't look like finals are a chance. He hasn't been discussed in any of the rehab reports so hopefully we have some news soon
Good news to see Williams running and I hope we see him back in the seniors although with him still listed at TBC he could be similar in that he would need 3 weeks in the reserves to make a comeback to seniors and that would have him playing first week of August which is 6 weeks away so the club may not want to push him too hard in case their is a risk of injury and I would rather he was right for the start of preseason and had done lots of strengthening work on that leg
Good to see Setterfield running and it will be interesting to follow his rehab and how he compares to Kennedy and Buntine

watching the telecast last night, Toby was interview and said he's a chance against the Eagles or if not, should be right for Richmond in 2 weeifks.

we're back in the 8, Toby and Lids on the comeback shortly... we're still in this for 2018 - I believe :p

if we can Jag a win against either Eagles or Richmond = we are back !!!! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back