Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A few tests...
c7ef6737c52d0912bb1730da9b7beeb5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My thoughts on the injured players
Greene Too play but limited minutes
Deledio Could play reserves with very limited minutes, reserves more likely next week v the Lions at the Gabba
Lloyd Could play reserves this week on limited minutes
Hopper Straight back in
Williams might make it back for the last 2 games of the year after 2 weeks in the reserves
Scully I don't think we will see him back this year
Perryman the injury didn't sound too bad but with the players returning from injury he may not get another look this year but he has had an injury interrupted year not giving him continuity but if he has a run of 4-5 games in the reserves to finish the year and is in the best in those games I think the coaches will be happy and he has the experience to build on for next year

I think if Williams and Scully want to be back for finals they will need at least 2 reserves games and with no chance of finals it would be the curtain raiser before the Swans game on the 17 August
I still hold out hope for Scully and if they are just being quiet on him as he doesn't like the media attention and they may announce the week he will play reserves?
Hopefully Griffen and Corr are back in next week and Cameron still misses the next two games the team should look fairly strong for the Blues game

Still nothing on Scully and Williams although I still hold out hope that they will be back this year they just need the opportunity to have 2 reserves games before coming in

Possible injuries from the reserves not mentioned
Flynn withdrew from the previous game after being named so maybe minor and with the bye another week to recover and hope he is back for the last few games of the season and maybe finals if results go the Giants way
Shipley injured 2 weeks ago so maybe same as Flynn something minor
Mohr injured ankle in the first quarter on the weekend
Thought Williams may have been listed with a timeframe but hopefully next week as I would think he would need 2 reserves games before being considered for the Rd 23 Melbourne game

Possible injuries from the reserves not mentioned
Flynn withdrew from the previous game after being named so maybe minor and with the bye another week to recover and hope he is back for the last few games of the season and maybe finals if results go the Giants way
Shipley injured 2 weeks ago so maybe same as Flynn something minor
Mohr injured ankle in the first quarter on the weekend
Thought Williams may have been listed with a timeframe but hopefully next week as I would think he would need 2 reserves games before being considered for the Rd 23 Melbourne game
Geez he will be doing well if he can be out since January and play two games and then play seniors.Hope I'm wrong but I think it's too late for Zac this year

Geez he will be doing well if he can be out since January and play two games and then play seniors.Hope I'm wrong but I think it's too late for Zac this year

That’s why I think if he doesn’t get back for the curtain raiser for the swans game he will be no chance and with these things I am just speculating on what could happen and it will also depend on where he fits into team structure as the guys as they are have been going well he would need to light it up in order to be considered
And in the unlikely event that the reserves make finals the first week is during the bye week for the AFL so another opportunity for those after places to punch there claims or it could be the club tries to arrange a semi competitive match like last year with the Adelaide game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how his fitness would be after so long off ? The repaired tendon is one thing but match fitness is important

Would be a big inclusion though

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s been really good this year and is hard as a cats head. Along with Ward and Hopper he is the most prepared to put his head in the hole.

Williams could be a chance for the reserves game next weekend v the Suns at Metricon which could give him 3 games at that level before finals
I think it then comes down to how he fits into the team

To me the club is putting out too many tweets about his recovery for him not to be a chance to play this season.

Yeah, you don't get people's hopes up for no reason.

Just wondering what's happening with Taranto ?

Is it just a 1 week rest for general soreness or is it something more significant?

Nothing official from the club apart from what was listed on the team selection just IMO Shiel has been nursing something for several weeks (Maybe longer?) based on his impact around the ground and TT has had a heavy life as for a second year player and maybe they want to freshen him up for finals I think we will have to see next week if anything is in the injury report or if they are named but it is a 6 day break for the Crows game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back