Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing official from the club apart from what was listed on the team selection just IMO Shiel has been nursing something for several weeks (Maybe longer?) based on his impact around the ground and TT has had a heavy life as for a second year player and maybe they want to freshen him up for finals I think we will have to see next week if anything is in the injury report or if they are named but it is a 6 day break for the Crows game

I am guessing that Shiel and Taranto are being rested because you guys are playing Carlton.

Question was more about my AFL fantasy team, I had completely forgotten that we're playing you guys next week :straining:

I am guessing that Shiel and Taranto are being rested because you guys are playing Carlton.

Question was more about my AFL fantasy team, I had completely forgotten that we're playing you guys next week :straining:

You guys will be a bit bashed up from the showdown and I am not sure if we will be playing witches hats or the worst team in the AFL but looking forward to it either way

You guys will be a bit bashed up from the showdown and I am not sure if we will be playing witches hats or the worst team in the AFL but looking forward to it either way

Our season is already done and I expect Shiel, Coniglio and Kelly will rip up apart again next week like you guys did to us Adelaide Oval earlier in the season.

Most Adelaide supporters have had this game flagged as a loss right from the start of the season.

Our season is already done and I expect Shiel, Coniglio and Kelly will rip up apart again next week like you guys did to us Adelaide Oval earlier in the season.

Most Adelaide supporters have had this game flagged as a loss right from the start of the season.
We'll see
The showdown helps us I think. Manuka is a relatively big ground with a good and usually hard surface. Suits teams that want to run I think.
I actually think that might be more you. We'll be happy to play ugly footy if it gets the points.

http://m.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018...tter&utm_medium=vanity&utm_campaign=Rd21Rehab

ebf73f12d75b3be4b844b36a24284bb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
aa2500a0ce1521eedd47fb53366857fb.gif

How the injury tables can turn so much in one week - makes it worse that it was against Carlton, should have been a bruise-free display, but in the end, such has been our luck these last 2 years. It was actually starting to look clean last week.

Tough news for Simpson and Lids, probably their year done. Greene looked fine in Davis' Monday video during recovery so hoping nothing serious. Not sure what the incident was with Taylor but should expect Corr to come back in over the next week or 2. Keefe will have to fill in in the meantime. We expected scully to miss the year so no surprises there, hope he can make a full recovery though with no residual consequences of the injury since his running is what makes him so dangerous. Not sure how Shipley went from not being on the injury list to suddenly 6 weeks but yea, frustrating.

Hope the boys can rally around each other. Its been a tough year and injuries have derailed us. They will need all their determination and grit if they want to win it this year.

Last edited:
GREATER Western Sydney veteran Heath Shaw will be ruled out for the rest of the season with a medial ligament knee injury, his uncle and media commentator Tony Shaw says.

Shaw suffered the injury against Adelaide in the teams' clash in Canberra on Saturday night when teammate Adam Kennedy fell across his left leg.

Tony Shaw said the 32-year-old would not be able to get back for the Giants' upcoming finals campaign.

"Heath will be out for three months. He has torn his medial," Shaw told Macquarie Sports Radio.

"It isn't an ACL, which is great, but it'll be three to four months recovery."
https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1028248320676900864
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-14/blow-for-giants-with-veterans-season-over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would expect a player of his quality would come in last round Vs Demons, assuming he gets though the NEAFL match ok.

You would expect a player of his quality would come in last round Vs Demons, assuming he gets though the NEAFL match ok.
Been a while since he played. Not so sure. On the other hand it might be better to play him against the Dees if possible rather than have his first game for the year in a final, if he's close to being ready.

I thought he might be too green this year, but the vibe from the club seems to be we expect him to play at some stage.

Found it buried..

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/a8927fe2e18a139427363462b527d93e

AMID the GWS Giants’ crippling injury crisis, gun defender Zac Williams is set to make an inspiring return from injury this weekend.

Williams ruptured his achilles during the pre-season and for all intents and purposes he was scratched for the year.

However, the 23-year-old ace will make his comeback for the Giants in the NEAFL competition this weekend and GWS have hopes Williams might return to play a key role in their finals campaign.

Giants assistant coach Mark McVeigh admits the seemingly never-ending spate of injuries has been “flattening” for the club, with Heath Shaw expected to be gone for the season and Sam Reid and Josh Kelly sweating on scan results.

Williams has been one of the Giants’ key sparks over recent seasons and his looming return couldn’t be any more timely for a team fast running out of troops.

-------------

More in the link

Remove this Banner Ad

Back