Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
That was a few years ago lol , got a wicket first ball and then couldn't walk for a week !

Should have taken that extra precautionary week as they say.

Damn annoying with Heeney though because it means he has had two interrupted pre seasons & at the stage where he needs to build his core fitness base with multiple pre seasons, it means that once again we don't get to see the elite Heeney. Mind you, the version we got last season was pretty good after the illness.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Should have taken that extra precautionary week as they say.

Damn annoying with Heeney though because it means he has had two interrupted pre seasons & at the stage where he needs to build his core fitness base with multiple pre seasons, it means that once again we don't get to see the elite Heeney. Mind you, the version we got last season was pretty good after the illness.

Not to mention the time he got punched in the face and his jaw broken.. that was another delayed pre-season.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Wasn't aware that buddy had surgery on both knees and ankle , should be cherry ripe I hope

Pretty amazing hanners battled on last year with mild OP , prick of an injury!

I'm also highly impressed he was able to play through it all year but not surprised that's what he had in a sense; he laboured for so much of the year and we barely saw a single game when he looked like his peak which is so valuable. Maybe the St.Kilda game at Etihad was the only game where he looked able to make repeated sprinting efforts up the ground and back like we are used to seeing.

He should be right in the middle of his physical prime and we need him at his best to be a flag contender.

I'm also highly impressed he was able to play through it all year but not surprised that's what he had in a sense; he laboured for so much of the year and we barely saw a single game when he looked like his peak which is so valuable. Maybe the St.Kilda game at Etihad was the only game where he looked able to make repeated sprinting efforts up the ground and back like we are used to seeing.

He should be right in the middle of his physical prime and we need him at his best to be a flag contender.

Wasn't covering the ground at all and when fit he is the best runner at the club and one of the best in the game , been times live when I have geez this guy is one the best gut runners I have seen ( MCG 2013 against the pies I was in awe of him even more of his running capabilities)

No way near at his best last year and you could see it , like I said it's a nasty injury!

I wanna see him back on the wing more than inside

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I wanna see him back on the wing more than inside

You'd think that's possible now with Kennedy, Parker, Heeney and Hewett seemingly capable of handling most of the time as inside midfielders. I'd like to see that too, he has great hands in terms of being able to release handballs to those outside but his running is his real strength that we can capitalise on.

You'd think that's possible now with Kennedy, Parker, Heeney and Hewett seemingly capable of handling most of the time as inside midfielders. I'd like to see that too, he has great hands in terms of being able to release handballs to those outside but his running is his real strength that we can capitalise on.
No doubt he is a better wingman than inside , not sure why he was moved to play more inside!

Again in 2013 which imo was his best year he played more outside , see crows game at AO

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I sat myself on the boundary for that Freo game at the SCG, which is a fair bit closer than I usually get, and I was shocked at how ratshit Hanners looked during stoppages in play. I know he often doesn’t mind letting people know about his discomfort, but he was shuffling round like a 70 year old on the waiting list for a hip replacement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back