Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So our injury list is once again way out there and strangely enough, mostly defence...

Heath Grundy Personal reasons TBC
Matthew Ling Toe Season
Sam Naismith Knee Season
Callum Mills Foot Season
Alex Johnson Knee Season
Nick Smith Hamstring 6 weeks
Lewis Melican Hamstring 3-4 weeks
Jack Maibaum Knee 2-3 weeks
Sam Reid Achilles 1-2 weeks
Harry Marsh Hamstring 1 weeks
Gary Rohan Hand Test

Added to that, Buddy is definitely carrying injury and there is speculation that Kennedy is too...

They obviously seem to not include rookies on these listings which made sense in the past but they can all play senior footy now. Foote, Amartey and Pink assumed out unless they are back (highly unlikely I would these thought for Amartey).

But who knows!

They obviously seem to not include rookies on these listings which made sense in the past but they can all play senior footy now. Foote, Amartey and Pink assumed out unless they are back (highly unlikely I would these thought for Amartey).

But who knows!
That's crazy... do they need to be upgraded to play AFL? That can be the only reason I can think of...

PS Edited and added them :)

That's crazy... do they need to be upgraded to play AFL? That can be the only reason I can think of...

PS Edited and added them :)

They used to have to be upgraded at least on a temp basis (long term injury list). From this year onwards they can play without being upgraded (excluding cat b rookies if I recall of which we have none now I believe).

They used to have to be upgraded at least on a temp basis (long term injury list). From this year onwards they can play without being upgraded (excluding cat b rookies if I recall of which we have none now I believe).
Well then, there's no excuse really... thanks for keeping us in the loop :)

To emphasize just how well Richmond are travelling in terms of having few injuries, our injury list would translate to something like this:

Heath Grundy – Rance
Lewis Melican - Astbury
Sam Naismith - Nankervis
Callum Mills – Vlaustin
Alex Johnson - Moore
Nick Smith - Conca
Jack Maibaum - Garthwaite
Sam Reid - Grimes
Harry Marsh - Broad
Gary Rohan – Butler/Castagna
Matthew Ling – Higgins (1st round selection 2017)
Toby Pink - Chol
Joel Amartey – Coleman-Jones
Jordan Foote - Menadue
(Kurt Tippett) - Hampson

That's a very rough match up and I'm sure a few of those could be swapped for more comparable players, but you get the idea.

To emphasize just how well Richmond are travelling in terms of having few injuries, our injury list would translate to something like this:

Heath Grundy – Rance
Lewis Melican - Astbury
Sam Naismith - Nankervis
Callum Mills – Vlaustin
Alex Johnson - Moore
Nick Smith - Conca
Jack Maibaum - Garthwaite
Sam Reid - Grimes
Harry Marsh - Broad
Gary Rohan – Butler/Castagna
Matthew Ling – Higgins (1st round selection 2017)
Toby Pink - Chol
Joel Amartey – Coleman-Jones
Jordan Foote - Menadue
(Kurt Tippett) - Hampson

That's a very rough match up and I'm sure a few of those could be swapped for more comparable players, but you get the idea.
Very hard to compare like that but it does give you a sense as to how far into the depth bag we've had to reach into in comparison.

Sometimes I wonder what the rehab process is like for knees. I mean, I have full faith in the medical department but I see naismith driving convertables down the coast of California and think his knee requires no more work if he's not in Sydney working on strengthening it

And yes I do know they need a holiday at some point.

Sometimes I wonder what the rehab process is like for knees. I mean, I have full faith in the medical department but I see naismith driving convertables down the coast of California and think his knee requires no more work if he's not in Sydney working on strengthening it

And yes I do know they need a holiday at some point.
If he's cruising round in a convertable anywhere, then it probably is done mostly.

They do get to a point where no further 'formal' rehab is required, but their will be an ongoing exercise (& stretch probably) program until it returns to full strength and capacity, at which point you would expect pre-season to take over!

NSWs products count as Cat B- Brown and Bell atm (previous Foote, Murray..). So we are using 2 of I'm pretty sure 3 available slots.

From what i've seen of the ressies Bell could contribute in the seniors from next year. Basically been locked in since his one ressies match when he was 15 or so I reckon.

So if we can just swap him to Cat A he'd be eligible for selection. If not we may as well promote him to the main list. Should be list spots available.

That way we would have spots for some more academy members or another Irish praps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back