Injury 2018 Injury Thread

How about we just let the kid have his operation and deal with what’s to come in the new season.

Yes. He's young and healthy and should heal fairly quickly, even though it sounds a a bad break.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I remember when Jamie Lawson broke his leg...he was young and healthy and never played again. Worry all you want people!

I remember when Jamie Lawson broke his leg...he was young and healthy and never played again. Worry all you want people!

Surgery techniques have improved since then ... or at least that is what my surgeon advised me

Jun 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
No weight bearing running for 12. He’ll be walking prior to that.

Same Injury Ben Simmons had, 5th metatarsal he did it the day of our 2016 GF loss :(. And seemed back to normal Feb/March the following year. But they held him out under hazy circumstances. He came down on someones foot.

From what they have said, about no weight bearing running for 3 months, I expect Callum to be up and running and have a decent fitness base for when preseason starts in November (6 months away) if surgery and rehab goes well.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Same Injury Ben Simmons had, 5th metatarsal he did it the day of our 2016 GF loss :(. And seemed back to normal Feb/March the following year. But they held him out under hazy circumstances. He came down on someones foot.

From what they have said, about no weight bearing running for 3 months, I expect Callum to be up and running and have a decent fitness base for when preseason starts in November (6 months away) if surgery and rehab goes well.

He'll be back for the Grand Final.

It had a big bearing on his time out

True.

Dont know whether it was Golden Staph that got in to AJ's knee or another infection.

Hospitals are a (Dru) bloody petrie dish.

Artygunner

Team Captain
Sep 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I am awfully late on giving my 2 cents on the Mills saga - but here goes for anyone that hasn't heard enough opinions yet.

Although it is a massive shame for our club and Mills in-particular - I can still see a positive. Mills hasn't been performing to the standards we hold him to. He has been OK, but not great. This injury really gives an opportunity for someone like Harry Marsh or AA to come in and make that position his. No ifs buts or maybes, we need someone to come in and bloody OWN that position. This could be the resurrection of AA? If we have someone come in and own that role, Mills will come back and hopefully slot straight into a rotating midfield. (so long as he can build a tank after this injury and have faith in his body).

The role he has been playing is quite easily replaced so I am not too devastated at this point. If none of our 2nd tier players come in and make it theirs, then I will eat some humble pie, probably go on a rant and get another ban on bigfooty.

Go Swans

Is it just me or has Sam Reid been at 6-8 week expected return for weeks now
I'm fairly confident it was a 6-8 week injury when it first happened

Swans man

Debutant
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Does anyone know the latest on reid?? Surely must be running by now?? Sometime after bye be back??

Back