Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible news guys, hate to see injuries this close to the real stuff.

As the supporter of a club who got ****ed over in the ruck department by injury last year it is something that a good midfield can push through. Once your boys accept they'll pretty much lose every ruck contest they can train themselves to read the opposition ruckwork and still manage clearances.

Last year we were 17th for hitouts but 4th for clearances.

Terrible news guys, hate to see injuries this close to the real stuff.

As the supporter of a club who got ****** over in the ruck department by injury last year it is something that a good midfield can push through. Once your boys accept they'll pretty much lose every ruck contest they can train themselves to read the opposition ruckwork and still manage clearances.

Last year we were 17th for hitouts but 4th for clearances.
Agreed,. It's very sad for Naismith but from a supporters perspective I reckon it's something we will overcome and in all honesty, better at the start of the season than the start of finals.

The question is will Towers make the All-Australian side as a 2nd ruckman, or as a winger?

Thought the AA team was made exclusively of midfielders?

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
So we have Sinclair, Cameron as front line ruckmen with part-timers in Reid, Aliir, Towers and rookies Pink and Amartey. It's going to be an interesting season.

and neither Sinclair or Cameron are ruckmen in the truest sense of the position as both are more forwards who are pretty good second ruckmen, and both Sinclair and Cameron are injury prone. It is easy to imagine both being injured at the same time at some point in the season.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
Where's McGlynn when you need him :(

Well. Richmond could do it. So we just need to work on our sharking and round the ground efforts.

Hope Sam has a trouble free recovery.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
I think our "who plays in the ruck" dilemma has been solved.
As Troystenvic has said above, it will make our starting 22 more mobile.
Last two p'ships have gone to teams that have had one recognised ruckman & makeshift ruckmen to pinch hit occasionally.
Towers, Aliir, Reid can all do this role with Sinclair the number one choice if fit & Cameron second choice.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
A 'genuine ruckman' who struggles to win a ruck contest or do anything else around the ground, he will be easily covered so don't be the slightest bit stressed. although i feel bad for him and i know everyone on here prefers to look at things with optimism, but looking at it realistically i wouldn't be surprised if we've seen him play his last senior game. By the time he gets back I'd be extremely worried if the club didn't bring in someone who would push him out of the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will spell the end of the ruckman. We will win the flag without a genuine ruck and the competition will follow.

Who knew all this time that Naismith would be a historical AFL figure?

Well. Richmond could do it. So we just need to work on our sharking and round the ground efforts.
Though Richmond did have Nankervis, who is better than any ruck on our list

A 'genuine ruckman' who struggles to win a ruck contest or do anything else around the ground, he will be easily covered so don't be the slightest bit stressed. although i feel bad for him and i know everyone on here prefers to look at things with optimism, but looking at it realistically i wouldn't be surprised if we've seen him play his last senior game. By the time he gets back I'd be extremely worried if the club didn't bring in someone who would push him out of the team.

I don't rate Naismith but that is the one thing that set him apart from the rest of our rucks.

This will spell the end of the ruckman. We will win the flag without a genuine ruck and the competition will follow.

'
we already won a flag with Mike Pyke rucking :p

(just checking which mods are on duty)

'
we already won a flag with Mike Pyke rucking

(just checking which mods are on duty)
Agreed, a ruckman can sometimes make a difference but only if it is a true star like Mike Pyke

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
I don't rate Naismith but that is the one thing that set him apart from the rest of our rucks.
Look at his stats, hit outs were still ordinary compared to opposition
Main problem was after the ruck contest we were down to 17 on the field. Comes down to would you rather the tap going your way at the expense of having no affect in general play, or tap going against you but an extra player having much more of an impact in general play

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I can't even.....

This is a nightmare. I don' want to hear any spin. We are down to 2 Rucks. One who is slightly injured. One who played like he was slightly injured. Towers isn't even 190cm lol
To be honest im not really fussed....we still hsve sinclair whos output as a footballer is much better than naismith and towers, cameron and aliir can all have a go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back