Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as injuries go, this has the least amount of impact.. would be much worse if we lost kennedy,buddy,parker, hanners, heeney, reid etc

Wash your mouth out with a shitty chardonnay.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Agreed, a ruckman can sometimes make a difference but only if it is a true star like Mike Pyke

All jokes aside, Pyke's best moments of assisting us to a flag came when he took marks forward for shots at goal or marks around the ground.
Unfortunately in his short time as our ruckman, Naismith hasn't done this with consistency. In fact my memories of Pyke are with his unusual approach to goal when having a shot.
I can't even remember Naismith having many shots.
Unfortunately with Nankervis, from what I've heard he had already made up his mind he was going to the Tigers before his final season with us so it's pretty unfair criticising the club on being unable to keep him.

Unfortunately with Nankervis, from what I've heard he had already made up his mind he was going to the Tigers before his final season with us so it's pretty unfair criticising the club on being unable to keep him.

That's not how any of this works.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Naismith out is not a huge one. Aliir, Sinclair and Towers can share ruck duties. With big Cox behind them to ensure they're capable of making a contest in the ruck, even if we don't win the hitout count we'll pick an advantage around the ground. On balance what's not to like ?

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Naismith out is not a huge one. Aliir, Sinclair and Towers can share ruck duties. With big Cox behind them to ensure they're capable of making a contest in the ruck, even if we don't win the hitout count we'll pick an advantage around the ground. On balance what's not to like ?
Because it will be dwarf v goant. Contest mark from 50m kick out too is to the talls advantage.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Because it will be dwarf v goant. Contest mark from 50m kick out too is to the talls advantage.
That's where Reid pops up. No seriously, you're right in that we will concede some things but overall we'll also have some advantages playing a smaller more mobile ruck.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
That's where Reid pops up. No seriously, you're right in that we will concede some things but overall we'll also have some advantages playing a smaller more mobile ruck.
Hope so, i think of all the options maybe Aliir, loves taking the game on and if he gets into trouble doing it, it wont be in a dangerous position as often in our defensive 50m. If he marks in the centre square and takes off he could be damaging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I’d make sure I made a contest too!

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Hearing McVeigh had a set back
This was a risk we were always going to face when signing him. I guess we can cover him now & he will be surplus & will have to be at his extreme best in order to get back into the starting 22 if his younger replacement is doing a suitable job. I really am impressed with young Stoddart & feel that he will be in the 22 for round 1.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Feeling Fox might play the Macca role

Yeah Fox is a "real" footballer. He just knows his way around a football ground. A late starter who just looks comfortable in his surroundings. Get 25 games into the guy, some with real pressure & he will blossom.

Not sure we will be top 4 but once again the club will blood a few more players to keep pressure on spots & to flush out players that may not have got the best out of themselves over 3 years in our system.

Yep. I liked Fox's game and think he showed a bit last year.

I think there will be a significant clear out at years end with the likes of Rohan, Robbo, Foote, Marsh, Rose in the gun for trade or delisting. Albeit for different reasons none have come on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back