Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon guys, where's the positivity? That's a pretty good injury list. It's even possible we head into round 1 without a single player on our injury list.

Certainly beats (about) this time last year:

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-22%20at%208.08.33%20AM.png

What a pile of poop that year was (and the year before and the year before that) yes much better.

We're tanking.

Of course we're not, but if we were, no Hills would be one way to do it. The other options are step down.

I still have this year pernciled in as a development year, but I also have it open ended in terms of where we might finish. Injuries the biggest factor.

We're tanking.

Of course we're not, but if we were, no Hills would be one way to do it. The other options are step down.

I still have this year pernciled in as a development year, but I also have it open ended in terms of where we might finish. Injuries the biggest factor.

By open ended, do you mean anywhere from 1st to 18th?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucky we’re not training at Freo anymore. We would have twice as many injuries sustained at training, most of which if not season ending, would have the dreaded TBA affixed to them.

I think Brad being out hurts us more.
Brad's work transitioning the ball. Stephen's work getting the ball inside 50 without turning it over. Both things we are pretty s**t at and both will suffer with them out injured or carrying niggles during games.

#fencesitter

C'mon guys, where's the positivity? That's a pretty good injury list. It's even possible we head into round 1 without a single player on our injury list.

Certainly beats (about) this time last year:

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-22%20at%208.08.33%20AM.png
That is not a real bad injury list at that stage Ryan was unknown so was not best 22 established and Luke Nyhuis same ,Apeness is always on the list and best 22 ??? , Zac Clarke ??, Alex Pearce and Hayden Ballantyne only 2 that would have been considered locks if fit at time of publication , And of course Bennell , Uebergang has not played a game yet .So by my reckoning our current injury list is 5 with 4 being best 22 , The above list is 9 and if you include Ballas and Ryan you get to 4 best 22 . So much of of a muchness actually by my reckoning this year is worse on a quality vs quantity argument , Because we have lost both our starting wingmen .

That is not a real bad injury list at that stage Ryan was unknown so was not best 22 established and Luke Nyhuis same ,Apeness is always on the list and best 22 ??? , Zac Clarke ??, Alex Pearce and Hayden Ballantyne only 2 that would have been considered locks if fit at time of publication , And of course Bennell , Uebergang has not played a game yet .So by my reckoning our current injury list is 5 with 4 being best 22 , The above list is 9 and if you include Ballas and Ryan you get to 4 best 22 . So much of of a muchness actually by my reckoning this year is worse on a quality vs quantity argument , Because we have lost both our starting wingmen .
It's not so much how many that was bad, it's the est. length of the injuries. Those TBAs were all full seasons except Bennell who managed just 2 games. Ballas was 8-10 weeks and Apeness 5-7 weeks - those are pretty lengthy times to be in rehab. Our current injury list has some quality players on it but the estimate for all (except Brad which we don't know yet) is a maximum of 2 weeks. Which is what it should be at the start of a season. Having 4 or so players with season ending injuries even before round 1 has knock on effects even if they aren't B22. Remember we also had a long list of players just coming back from season ending injuries the year before on top of that as well - and a lot of those were B22 (eg Fyfe).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back