Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I care. You guys will be prickly come the derby in a few weeks and would love to throw a spanner into our top 4 chances.
I reckon you guys might get Freo at exactly the wrong time.

Should they not sustain further injury, I would expect the team from Yesterday to include: Bennell, S. Hill, Fyfe, Sandilands, Taberner, Brayshaw, and maybe Darcy.

That's a quarter of the squad, so the expected performance would obviously be incomparable to yesterday. I would not be surprised to see D. Pearce in either, and given his current form for Peel he would certainly make the squad stronger.

If this eventuates it would make for a cracking Derby.

Edit: Just checked the dates - current projections for Fyfe having him missing, which would suck. But - it is Nathan Fyfe and it would not surprise me in the slightest if he got up for it.

Should they not sustain further injury, I would expect the team from Yesterday to include: Bennell, S. Hill, Sandilands, Taberner, Brayshaw, and maybe Darcy.

I'd be playing both rucks as Lycett did a number on us 1st Derby. Time to repay some Principal & Interest !!

Should they not sustain further injury, I would expect the team from Yesterday to include: Bennell, S. Hill, Fyfe, Sandilands, Taberner, Brayshaw, and maybe Darcy.

That's a quarter of the squad, so the expected performance would obviously be incomparable to yesterday. I would not be surprised to see D. Pearce in either, and given his current form for Peel he would certainly make the squad stronger.

If this eventuates it would make for a cracking Derby.

Edit: Just checked the dates - current projections for Fyfe having him missing, which would suck. But - it is Nathan Fyfe and it would not surprise me in the slightest if he got up for it.
Maybe Pearce, MJ, Ballantyne all come in for the last hurrah in a derby???

Great looking list. Logue having more surgery on the foot that kept him out at the start of this year is the only bad news. Plus fyfe still on three

So weekly injury update has fyfe still 3 weeks away.

Is it really worth him coming back for 1 possibly 2 games. With the risk of doing his hammy again which could cause chronic issues to it.

Fyfe is a competitor and will want to be out there. But in my opinion is it really worth the long term risk for short term gain. He can't win the brownlow either so its not like he could come back to try and nab 6 votes to try and pinch it.

Some handy potential ins: Sandi, SHill, Darcy, Tabs, Brayshaw... plus Bennell very close and Crowden finding form as well and North building nicely

No Fyfe for the derby sucks a bit though :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great looking list. Logue having more surgery on the foot that kept him out at the start of this year is the only bad news. Plus fyfe still on three
I don't think he had any surgery earlier in the year, the choice was between resting and managing it or operating and attempting to fix the problem hopefully forever more. The second choice would have cost him the year so a conservative approach to that genetic issue management is safest, once you start cutting it's not the same again.

Wonder how long the recovery will be for Logue's surgury? Could it flow into next year's preseason. G Mus Thoughts?

Should they have conceded earlier to make sure he's cherry ripe for preseason.
No idea really without knowing what it was

Might just be the removal of an accessory bone that's congenitally too big or displaced

I'll see if I can find something out tomorrow

Yep, sadly suspect a farewell game :'(
I'm hoping he does a Sam Mitchell type role next year, able to play to assist where needed and provide on-filed leadership but otherwise coaching our young ruck stocks (after 17 years, not sure what else he has lined up)

I'm hoping he does a Sam Mitchell type role next year, able to play to assist where needed and provide on-filed leadership but otherwise coaching our young ruck stocks (after 17 years, not sure what else he has lined up)

He has done a few of the coaching courses but he also runs a landscaping business with his old man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back