Injury 2018 Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

AS requested for foxdoog50 we needed a 2018 General Injury thread...

So with that in mind..

May this be the most un used and boring thread of the entire season...

Thus meaning we don't have any.

Go Catters

So with that in mind..

Go Catters
Cheers dazbroncos . I hope your rite. I hope we don't see many post on this topic! Lol

Il start Stu Crameri. Is he fit and ready for Round 1 if selected.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ill start with the reports on Kelly..

Ddint play in the last 1/4 and walked off at 3/4 time a bit gimpy.

Hopefully just a corky but IMO it didnt look right.

Not a horror by any means but there was something there.

GO Catters

So with that in mind..

Go Catters

Dear Daz,

Please go find the most expensive piece of wood within your area and rub it for a good 10 seconds.

You may have just cast an unholy spell over our list with your words.

GO Catters
It looked a corky to me... just that dead leg type gait, and the commentary mentioned him getting a compression bandage in the last quarter put on for it.

Knights said it was a corky for Kelly.

Good news and credit to those that called it.

GO Catters

Both Ablett and Jelwood unlikely this week..
Selwood played against the VFL boys as did Danger yesterday for our non travelling intraclub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-05/geelong-confident-on-injuryplagued-youngster

GEELONG is confident forward Nakia Cockatoo's calf injury will not hinder his preparations for round one.

Cockatoo did not play for the Cats in Sunday's JLT Community Series clash against Gold Coast in Townsville, instead staying back in Geelong to complete a session of training with the rest of the rehab group.

The explosive forward suffered the minor injury less than two weeks ago at training and will slowly build up his program over the coming weeks according to Cats football manager Simon Lloyd.

Also from the above article

Meanwhile, star midfielder Gary Ablett (hamstring) remains on track for round one and is slowly increasing his training program.
After a 56-point hiding at the hands of the Suns on Sunday, the Cats are set to welcome back star midfielders Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood, as well as key defender Harry Taylor, for next Sunday's pre-season match against Essendon in Colac.
A decision on whether Ablett will play against the Bombers is something the Cats are continuing to weigh up, given that he has completed the majority of training sessions over pre-season.
Star defender Lachie Henderson (knee) is still on track to return some time between rounds one and four, while Scott Selwood (ankle) is on a similar timeframe.

Both Ablett and Jelwood unlikely this week..
Lloyd said in KROCK that GAJ, PFD and Selwood all trained in main session at club on weekend.

From that -he said PFD and Sel are very likely for JLT2 and the GAJ was not out of either.

Where did you get your info from?

GO Catters

GO Catters
Knights said in his post-game interview that they wanted to ice Kelly's leg quickly, it's a minor strain + not playing the last quarter was purely cautionary, he could have played, but they decided to treat him + rest him.

I’m not a subscriber to the addy but if I was to judge this book by its cover I would say he is right to play in Colac.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/

Then again he maybe screwed until round 9

I reckon Crameri will be busting to play - no games in 2016 as a result of the drugs saga + only two games due to an injured hip last season, he'll be raring to go! Hope he's not to rusty, but we might see next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back