Training 2018 IntraClub Thursday 22nd Feb at 7pm

Remove this Banner Ad

With all the excitement of non football related headlines that has now become the norm at our club, one would almost forget we got an Intraclub coming up.
And a lot to look forward to..
Our new recruits first steps in the senior team ( or lasts for a while if you are JDG ), Darcy's pineapple haircut first exposure to senior AFL, recruits from yesteryear injury free and more matured, seniors fighting for redemption.

Info on the Collingwood website here

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/events/events/2018-twilight-intraclub-match

Last edited:
when is it? might go for the first time ever if at a suitable time
Starts at 19:10. Updated the original post with the link

So if we win the Intra club match, a given, we can be happy?

And when we lose the Intra club match, a given, we can call for Buckley’s head?

And if it’s a draw in the Intra club match, most unlikely, we can be happy and call for Bucks’ head all at once.

That’s the beauty of Intra club, there’s something for everyone.

:)

And if it’s a draw in the Intra club match, most unlikely, we can be happy and call for Bucks’ head all at once.

We win if nobody gets injured

We should market is as
The Mediocre Cup
Wannabes v Neverwills
Wildcard Knockout for 2019 roster spots
Ordinaries v The OKs

As another pre season goes to ruin, and our list slowly drifts down the talent ladder , really who is interested in the cruddy football that will be turned out in this game.
We missed a chance to clean out the club at the end of 2017.
By and large we have the same coaching panel, the same playing list and the same injury/ attitude management as the last 5 years.
I am going wild and crazy here, but I predict we will bemoan the lack of clean ball movement and kicking skills, applaud the scrappy endeavour, and realise we will Finnish somewhere between 12th and 15 th this year.
Another year wasted Pies.
Bring on the spring carnival

We should market is as
The Mediocre Cup
Wannabes v Neverwills
Ordinaries v The OKs

As another pre season goes to ruin, and our list slowly drifts down the talent ladder , really who is interested in the cruddy football that will be turned out in this game.
By and large we have the same coaching panel, the same playing list and the same injury/ attitude management as the last 5 years.
I am going wild and crazy here, but I predict we will bemoan the lack of clean ball movement and kicking skills, applaud the scrappy endeavour, and realise we will Finnish somewhere between 12th and 15 th this year.

Gone Critical :rolleyes:

probono.jpg

We should market is as
The Mediocre Cup
Wannabes v Neverwills
Ordinaries v The OKs

We better send you in to be the clubs new Motivation expert :p

Not sure being defeatist ever actually works.

We better send you in to be the clubs new Motivation expert :p

Not sure being defeatist ever actually works.
Sorry saintly I couldn't help a bit of bleating.
But seriously a wise man once said doing the same thing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.
It's hard to be positive about the season ahead given the malaise our club is in.
It could be argued that we only have 1 player in the top50, strongly argued we only have 1 in the top 30, and I am not convinced Pendlebury is top 20 any longer.
You can't be bereftof too end talent like that and expect to play finals.
We are a top of the bottom 6 , bottom of the middle 6 club, and sadly no one inside the club realised it at the end of 2017

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So lying to the club as DG did is prohibited.. lying to the public is ok?

Is that why Bucks wasn't reprimanded when he said all last yr in his press conferences that he's only concerned about what goes on and is said internally.. then in his pre season meetings with the lads he goes and says 'i let external influences effect me'.. ok I get it.

What a gun coach. Give him another 2 yr extension ed.. fax Howe and elliot are all injured.. dg is playing up.. now is the perfect time for Ed to hand him a pen.

But seriously a wise man once said doing the same thing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.
It's hard to be positive about the season ahead given the malaise our club is in.
It could be argued that we only have 1 player in the top50, strongly argued we only have 1 in the top 30, and I am not convinced Pendlebury is top 20 any longer.
We are a top of the bottom 6 , bottom of the middle 6 club, and sadly no one inside the club realised it at the end of 2017

The best thing for us is to play the kids and finish near bottom. The only way we are going to be a contender in the future is to go to the draft. Hopefully, we were able to pick up some talent in the 2017 draft and continue to do so over the next couple of years.

Just reading how Elliot and Fas are two of the 5 worst forward tacklers in the comp and can’t help but think why we didn’t grade Fas for a second round pick in the 2017/2018 draft. When your forward line smalls can’t tackle, the rest of the team will struggle in transition. Very poor decision imo. Reid/Cox/Fas/Elliot can’t tackle so the remaining two players in the forward line are going to need to be tackling animals. Unfortunatelyfor Mayne he has slowed down. Can Kirby tackle? If so, he needs to play each week and I’m sure the fitness will come.

I don’t see Daicos as a real tackler, and is love to see him play more footy this year because I do think he has plenty of upside. Unfortunately, he really can’t play forward while Fas and Elliot are both there. We may need to consider a totally different role for Fas.

If the players aren’t good enough then nothing will save the Governor General.

It’s always the quality of player that makes the biggest difference- to be every thing else is white noise or peripheral.

We will only improve if the group of players that have been around for a few years getting to 50 games all collectively go up notches. Moore, Maynard, Treloar, Grundy those types with a few others will determine the future.

We actually have changed a few things some new coaches, new list manager, new CEO et al.

But success in sport is determined by talent meeting opportunity and hard work.

Do we have the talent?

You’ve suggested we don’t and as such if that correct we can not and won’t succeed.

No coach or Svengali can make champions out of chumps.

So lying to the club as DG did is prohibited.. lying to the public is ok?

Is that why Bucks wasn't reprimanded when he said all last yr in his press conferences that he's only concerned about what goes on and is said internally.. then in his pre season meetings with the lads he goes and says 'i let external influences effect me'.. ok I get it.

What a gun coach. Give him another 2 yr extension ed.. fax Howe and elliot are all injured.. dg is playing up.. now is the perfect time for Ed to hand him a pen.
You continue to make as much sense as you always have.

Never change.

Gee wiz were a hard marking lot
IF YOU'RE NOT POSITIVE THIS YEAR what's wrong with you
1. results at end of year showed a better style more direct footy , funny all came good even with better players out and with JACK to play for AFTER the club gave CLARITY on coaching position.
2 an easier draw
3 better coaching panel
4 maturity of up and comming senior players
5 recruitment and changing of existing players to fill spots that are a problem
6 confidence
7 the playing of mason and Brodie together is a HUGE weapon (melbourne) both are developing beaut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back