2018 JLT 2 games over 2 weeks , 3rd week will be AFL X round robin

Remove this Banner Ad

Was wondering if Aflx will be in rectangular stadia. Seems a bit stupid to play it on a full size oval
Yes it will ne played on rectangular fields.
One of the driving factors in its development is to play a modified version of the sport where ovals are not available but rectangular fields are.

The reduced playing numbers also make it more feasiable and accessable.

Its perfectly fine as a "touch" version of aussie rules but pushing it as a replacement for a pre-season praccy match is idiotic. Players need them for early match fitness, not to show off a game they themselves will never play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone hates X's don't know what the afl thought would happen.

FFS I hate the AFL and the crap they want to introduce to our game. Just play a couple of practice matches and bring on the real stuff. if a carlton player goes down with an injury for the sake of this money-grab concept ill be ropeable. I hope the clubs stand up and play top-up players or something. just stupidity from a cluster* of a organisation

I haven't been paying any attention at all to "AFLX"
Last I heard it was going to be played over summer with ex AFL players that have recently retired over the past 1-5 years or so. Is that not happening anymore?
So this will be played on Rugby/Football(Soccer) grounds a week after the JLT..... hmm as someone said above, I really hope teams field their state league (reserves side) for this AFLX thing.. id kill if a star got injured playing this crap.

Why the XXXX is this a thing?! works pretty well...

CUB wouldn't be happy... (although the Lions won't mind)

Was wondering if Aflx will be in rectangular stadia. Seems a bit stupid to play it on a full size oval

That's something I've been thinking.

On paper it would make sense to play (at least some of) it at AAMI Park, but it would conflict with the A-League and Melbourne Rebels fixtures.

CUB wouldn't be happy... (although the Lions won't mind)

That's something I've been thinking.

On paper it would make sense to play (at least some of) it at AAMI Park, but it would conflict with the A-League and Melbourne Rebels fixtures.

AAMI park, Punt rd oval, olympic park and the MCG. that way you could do it with 16 teams in an afternoon

of course the AFL will want etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back