AFL Club
Carlton
Match Details
  • Port Adelaide v Adelaide
  • Time: 3.35pm
  • Date: Saturday March 10th, 2018
  • Venue: Alberton Oval, Alberton, SA
  • Weather: 18° Mostly Sunny
  • Member Access: Once again, AFL and Club access members will have free general admission entry to those matches in which their Club is competing (subject to availability, upgrade fees may be applicable). Some restrictions may apply for non-access members. To confirm your eligibility, please contact your club.
  • General Entry: Adults $20.00, Juniors $5.00. Children 5 and under free.
  • Broadcast: Foxtel, Foxtel Now, AFL App, Watchafl
Team News

Port Adelaide

Chad Wingard and Jared Polec will have their first competitive hit-outs of the year on Saturday after overcoming hamstring strains.

The JLT Community Series clash against Adelaide at Alberton Oval will also see ex-Gold Coast recruit Trent McKenzie suit up for his first official game in Power colours.

Young key forward Todd Marshall returns from a minor calf strain while Sam Gray and Aiden Johnson have also been selected.

Second-year midfielder Sam Powell-Pepper won’t play against the Crows. The 20-year-old reported soreness in his left shoulder after Port Adelaide’s first JLT game, with club medicos not taking any risks with last year’s Rising Star nominee.

Jack Hombsch, Peter Ladhams, Jake Neade, Lindsay Thomas and Jack Trengove have been omitted from the Power side that lost to West Coast by two points in Perth a fortnight ago.

TRAVIS Boak has been withdrawn from this weekend's JLT clash and will not face the Crows on Saturday. The skipper will sit out the game as a precaution after reporting some hamstring tightness. He will be replaced in the 26-man side by Jake Neade.

Adelaide

The Crows have included Rory Sloane, Eddie Betts, Daniel Talia, Richard Douglas, Hugh Greenwood and Kyle Hartigan in a team of 26 for Saturday’s pre-season ‘Showdown’ at Alberton Oval.

The experienced group didn’t line up against Fremantle in the opening round of the pre-season competition, but featured in last weekend’s intra-club with the exception of Talia, who was nursing an injured ankle.

Sloane will captain the side in the absence of Taylor Walker, who is recovering from a foot strain.

Walker, Brad Crouch (abdominal), Riley Knight (ankle) and Brodie Smith (knee) are the other regular best 22 players unavailable through injury.

Untried quartet Tom Doedee, Darcy Fogarty, Harry Dear and Lachlan Murphy will get another opportunity to impress leading into Round One of the AFL Premiership Season.

Missing from the team that beat the Dockers last month are defenders Kyle Cheney and Andy Otten, young midfielders Myles Poholke and Matt Signorello and talls Reilly O’Brien and Paul Hunter.

Cheney, Otten, Signorello and Hunter are the emergencies this weekend.

crows with almost full side
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

No point in having pre-season showdowns or local derbies. I know the AFL are trying to minimise travel for all but the real stuff is still nearly a fortnight away

Still adds a bit of interest.

Hartigan already with 1 goal against his name. I swear the crows will NEVER win a premiership with him in the side. Absolute spud under any pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Money going on Fog for rising star. $26 easy

Kid looks sensational with a ready made body at his age but how many games do you see him playing?

Tex is a walk in and Fogarty the most likely to be dropped for him. :(

Kid looks sensational with a ready made body at his age but how many games do you see him playing?

Tex is a walk in and Fogarty the most likely to be dropped for him. :(

There is also questions on how fit Fogarty is, which isn't surprising for a first year player.

He looks like a player, but I'd be very surprised if he was a realistic shot for the R/S this year.

There is also questions on how fit Fogarty is, which isn't surprising for a first year player.

He looks like a player, but I'd be very surprised if he was a realistic shot for the R/S this year.

Agree.

McGovern / Lynch / Jenkins / Tex and Betts leaves 1 spot and i doubt Fogarty gets it because you guys will be to tall up there and be run off your feet when the ball hits the ground with little forward pressure available to keep the ball in.

Unless injuries hit i cannot see you guys giving Fogarty over 5-6 games in his rookie season.

Agree.

McGovern / Lynch / Jenkins / Tex and Betts leaves 1 spot and i doubt Fogarty gets it because you guys will be to tall up there and be run off your feet when the ball hits the ground with little forward pressure available to keep the ball in.

Unless injuries hit i cannot see you guys giving Fogarty over 5-6 games in his rookie season.

Yup, that's how I see it. He'll get games with Tex/others being managed, but he's a season away from being a best 22 player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back