2018 JLT series vs Brisbane (Moreton Bay) and GWS (Blacktown)

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The JLT series is coming up, with the Swans playing two games

Game 1 vs Brisbane
Moreton Bay
3rd, March, 2018
3:35pm

Game 2 vs GWS
Blacktown
9th, Match, 2018
7:40pm

Who would you like to see play, and importantly, what else would you like to see? For the first game I am hoping for a team like

B: Nick Smith, Lewis Melican, Aliir Aliir
HB: Matthew Ling, Dane Rampe, Jake Lloyd
C: Dan Hannebery, Callum Mills, Zak Jones
HF: Dean Tower, Sam Reid, George Hewett
F: Will Hayward, Tom McCartin, Tom Papley
Foll: Sam Naismith, Luke Parker, Isaac Heeney
I/C: Darcy Cameron, Nic Newman, Oliver Florent, Ryley Stoddart, James Bell, Harrison Marsh

Or something like that. What would you like?

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Will be at the Lions game

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Ling is injured

Dawson and Allir are the 2 I want to get into the r1 team

Wanna see who will be 2nd rucking after Towers if anyone or they just go with Towers.

Mills in the centre
How long is Ling out for? That’s disappointing.

Will be interested to see what all the buzz is about re McCartin.

The JLT series is coming up, with the Swans playing two games

Game 1 vs Brisbane
Moreton Bay
3rd, March, 2018
3:35pm

Game 2 vs GWS
Blacktown
9th, Match, 2018
7:40pm

Who would you like to see play, and importantly, what else would you like to see? For the first game I am hoping for a team like

B: Nick Smith, Lewis Melican, Aliir Aliir
HB: Matthew Ling, Dane Rampe, Jake Lloyd
C: Dan Hannebery, Callum Mills, Zak Jones
HF: Dean Tower, Sam Reid, George Hewett
F: Will Hayward, Tom McCartin, Tom Papley
Foll: Sam Naismith, Luke Parker, Isaac Heeney
I/C: Darcy Cameron, Nic Newman, Oliver Florent, Ryley Stoddart, James Bell, Harrison Marsh

Or something like that. What would you like?

Think you have pretty much nailed it, barring injury and restricted training programs. No real need for Hanners to play. I too want to see the kids get a go and agree we need to strengthen our bottom six. I hope Dawson gets a go.

I will be disappointed if we play the likes of Robbo, Foote, Cunningham, Marsh and the well named bruise averse Rose. These are blokes who I hope are overtaken and not rated in our best 30. Each has been well tried and found wanting with deficits that are difficult to see them overcoming. That said I hope the season proves me wrong and one or more show significant advances.

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure

Hanners said he was looking good for an early season debut along with McCartin but now injured

Whats the diagnosis on Hanners? Will he play and JLT? If he has got rid of his groin issue he will be back to our best mid IMO.

Whats the diagnosis on Hanners? Will he play and JLT? If he has got rid of his groin issue he will be back to our best mid IMO.
He had a minor calf setback. Harley said they're hoping he'd be ready to play the latter JLT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just stinks around the ground, he cant even take uncontested grabs. I presume they have done a mountain of work with his contested stuff over the break.
There isn't much room for a pure tap ruckman in today's game Unless they're dominant in HO to adv

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Out of this jlt series i would like to see-

Aliir put in a solid series either in ruck or defence. Hopefully he has reigned in his tendency to take too many players on but still have his aggressive play.

Florent to take a step forward and gather 15-20 touches a game...he has displayed excellent disposal so far and getting more of the pill can only be a good thing for the club.

Heeney to really start to display some leadership in the middle...this could be potentially HIS team in the next two seasons.

And basically just get some games into the kids whether they are ready or not...

Oh and no injuries....especially you buddy

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
We went to to the last game at Moreton Bay Rec Park. If your going to the game give yourself at least an extra half hour before bounce down as there's no parking at the ground, you park at a school and get a bus to the ground which is approx 10/15 minutes away. Sit on the western side as the sun at the 3.35pm start is in your face.

Bloody

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
We went to to the last game at Moreton Bay Rec Park. If your going to the game give yourself at least an extra half hour before bounce down as there's no parking at the ground, you park at a school and get a bus to the ground which is approx 10/15 minutes away. Sit on the western side as the sun at the 3.35pm start is in your face.

Yeah I went last time also and got train to Burpengary station and they had buses running from there to the ground. Can’t remember if tickets were free with membership last time and can’t see much online from my phone yet if hey free this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah I went last time also and got train to Burpengary station and they had buses running from there to the ground. Can’t remember if tickets were free with membership last time and can’t see much online from my phone yet if hey free this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure about members as the clubs Qld members package is not worth it and haven't taken it up, otherwise it's $20 general admission.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Joey and Buddy likely to play against GWS this Friday according to swans FB page.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back