Toast 2018 Kevin Sheedy Medal - congratulations Lachie Whitfield!

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
OK folks - the 2018 GWS B&F awards are on this Friday starting at 7 pm. Anyone going?

There will be a live stream of the entire night on the Giants' official app. From the Giants: 'Don’t miss a moment of the 2018 Kevin Sheedy Medal as we once again bring you a live stream of the entire night on the GIANTS’ official app', as well as website & Facebook updates.

GIANTS members and fans are encouraged to get involved in the live stream by using #SheedyMedal on Twitter to ask questions, share your tips for the Medal and find out any other behind the scenes info.

So who are people's tips for the big one, the Kevin Sheedy Medal? No-one has won multiple medals in our history. That trend could continue this year with vice-captain Stephen Coniglio a chance to claim his first club champion award after an outstanding season that saw him poll 11 votes in the Brownlow Medal, or All Australian half-back Lachie Whitfield could claim his first honour. The count could be a close one with co-captain Callan Ward a possibility to take home his second club champion award after claiming the inaugural Kevin Sheedy Medal in 2012. Dylan Shiel polled well in the Brownlow, while Phil Davis and Nick Haynes performed well in defence.

My thoughts:
- the winner will come from one of Callan Ward, Lachie Whitfield & Steve Coniglio; I'll hope Cogs gets it as he deserves something from an excellent season
- Dylan Shiel, Phil Davis & Nick Haynes will definitely poll in the top 10
- I think that Josh Kelly & Tim Taranto also finish top 10
- the late top 10 could include Harry Himmelburg, Matt de Boer, Jacob Hopper or Adam Tomlinson

What do you think?

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I hope the live feed goes smoothly this year. Last year it was a delayed start and was rate limited. I think that's why I couldn't expand it or cast it to the TV from my phone.

Looking forward to reflecting on the season positively before pretty much putting it to bed.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
KSM Rd9.PNG

In comparison, our BF posters thought ...

GWS MVP 2018 Progress Rd 9.PNG

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Lachie was clearly the best player all year, a wonderful advocate for Sydney and for the club and a champion of the game.

We are incredibly lucky to have him. Agree sign him up for life and build around him.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
A couple of thoughts from the votes

1. Congratulations Lachie a deserved winner

2. Our captains finishing 2nd and 3rd is a great sign. They're both leading from the front.

3. Cogs a bit unlucky but our mids share it around, and always will depending in match ups.

4. Kenners polled well late. I think he stepped into gap very well when Heater went down. They're pretty similar, both very tough one in one defenders who beat their man first and then look to run off them. Not lightning fast but very hard runners.

Back