Competitions 2018 Knockout Tipping - Winner Argy - New Comp starting Round 13

This is the first year that we are looking to run this competition. This is a little different to a normal tipping comp as you will see below

Just tip one game winner for every round for all 23 rounds before the first game of round 1.

2018 Fixture can be found here -> http://www.afl.com.au/fixture

Please be aware that this comp is different to the usual pick 1 winner a week each week, this comp requires all 23 picks to be made and sent to me before round 1.

Please also tip who you think will finish 9th after round 23.

You will advance to the next round should you get the tip right. Should you get a tip wrong... then you are knocked out of the competition - A drawn game will count as a loss, you must tip a winner

The last person in the comp wins.

If there are more than one person left and then the following week they all get eliminated (i.e. all get their tips wrong), then they will not get eliminated as there needs to be one person left standing to be heralded the winner. If by round 23 there is still more than one person left (very doubtful but just in case), then the person whose chosen team is closest to 9th place will win.

Restrictions:

-You Cannot tip the same team twice in a row
-You Cannot tip the same team more than 5 times throughout the year
-You Cannot tip against the same team more than 5 times throughout the year

PRIZES:
1. A nice shiny forum badge - will be in the form of a boxing glove with KO on it.

2. Bragging rights, who doesn't like bragging rights?

Your tips need to be lodged through to myself via PM (DO NOT POST YOUR TIPS IN THIS THREAD) before 5:00pm on Thursday 22nd March 2018 (It's the Thursday when round 1 begins). Tips lodged after that deadline will not be accepted.

You may change your tips anytime until Thursday 22nd March 2018 at 5:00pm. After this deadline, you may not change your tips.

An example of how to post your tips: sent to me via PM. Do not post in this thread.

BF username eg Gralin
R1: Geelong
R2: Fremantle
R3: Essendon
R4: Hawthorn
R5: Bulldogs
R22: Collingwood
R23: North Melbourne

9th Place: Richmond

It really is that simple. You only post your tips ONCE and never have to do them again all year.

First you need to post if you are interested in playing so I can see the numbers. If you want to enter please indicate your interest in this thread.

You are welcome to send me your tips at anytime up until the deadline of Thursday 22nd March 2018 at 5.00pm.

LIST OF POSTERS WITH VALID TIPS ENTERED
Cyrillic
maijar
SarahSmiles
Mitchell5
Collins-Langford-Ayres
Dinsdale
Aramis
Hawkas1988
Great 2008
Goldhawk
StillAtLarge
MistyAvalon
Argy
Hodginator
cryptor
Manila_Hawk
Fail Better
moginie
Agent Smith
Guerrahappyteam
RIOLINWITPUNCHS
Changa10
Frankston Rover
Satchel
HairyO
burger09
yirra_kurl
skipjack
Off The Couch
grumbleguts
Bumpswithagrin
Yuley95
Gene Simmons
MrPremiership
tommyk72
Crankyhawk
Holy Rioli
Brant

MY TIPS
Port
Dogs
Port
GWS
Hawthorn
Adelaide
Sydney
GWS
Adelaide
Richmond
Sydney
GWS
Sydney
Dogs
Fremantle
Port
Hawthorn
Sydney
GWS
Sydney
Fremantle
Adelaide
Port

Last edited:

MistyAvalon

Premiership Player
Feb 13, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yankees , Roosters
SO ARE WE DOING THE NORMAL TIPPING COMP THIS YEAR? OR DOES This replace it? All I can find is BBL tipping with teams I have never heard of

SO ARE WE DOING THE NORMAL TIPPING COMP THIS YEAR? OR DOES This replace it? All I can find is BBL tipping with teams I have never heard of
Normal tipping should be up and running at some point in the next week or two

I’ll cautiously accept your offer, but your over-friendly approach makes me wary...

I’ll send the $5,000 down payment in accordance with your PM, on account of the inheritance from my recently deceased Nigerian relative - but let the records show that I’m still waiting on the rest of the money so payment of the other $45,000 will be delayed.

as tips come in and are validated via PM I will update the OP with the names

we've got four posters locked and loaded ready for the start of the season already.

Remember changes can be made up to 5pm on Thursday 22nd of March

Thanks gralin.. I will play your game.. be good for e veryone else cos I am the world's worst tipster!!!!
You haven't seen my efforts yet

Back