12. Fremantle
13. Hawthorn
14. West Coast
15. Carlton
16. Brisbane
17. Gold Coast
18. North Melbourne

probably will be like 90 percent wrong but yea lol

I reckon the Doggies will bounce back into the top 4, this year was a hangover but they showed early in the season that they are capable of excellent footy.

Swans should finish top 4 without an early season slump.

Cats will finish top 4 again and do nothing with it.

Adelaide should make top 4 again but could easily miss.

Richmond will miss finals.

1.Swans
2.Dogs
3.Cats
4.Adelaide
5.Port
6.Melbourne
7.St. Kilda
8.Collingwood

2017_09_30_21.28.27.png

Think the betting is best at this early stage.

Think Richmond are too long. They're not old and I'm not aware their list will be weaker next year.

Bulldogs sre way too short. Unless they have the best trade period if all time, I cant see their list making finals.

First - Geelong
May have Veterans gone, but still have some talent in them including Patrick Dangerfield, Daniel Menzel and Joel Selwood.

Second - Adelaide
They are an awesome side and the best team of 2017 heading into the Grand Final, however they will go one better and defeat Geelong in the Big Dance

Third - Greater Western Sydney
May have lost Steve Johnson but have some Talent. Their best can certainly take them all the way. However, a 3rd Straight Prelim Final Loss is predicted.

Fourth - Essendon
Went from Wooden Spoon to Finals. Though they may have lost Jobe Watson, I believe this team has some talent in Joe Daniher and Andrew McDonald-Tipungwuti and will go on to win their first final in 14 Years.

Fifth - West Coast
May have scraped into the Top 8 and have also lost Drew Petrie, Matt Priddis and Sam Mitchell but I do see them having an awesome 2018 with the return of Nic Natanui and Josh Kennedy Firing up again.

Sixth – Melbourne
Their spine looks just about set. Just need to continue on from last year and the entire team needs better discipline. However, an Elimination Final Loss is predicted.

Seventh – Sydney
Started 2017 0-6 then finish 6th. They have an awesome team which also includes some younger talented inexperienced players and always seem to have an immediate impact in the game.

Eighth – Western Bulldogs
They will recover from last year’s drop and fire up next year. May have lost Stringer but I can see this team be back to their best.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ninth – Richmond
They will get found out just like the Bulldogs this year and will go the same way as they did in 2014 but however just miss out.

Tenth – Port Adelaide
With the inability to defeat Top Sides I can’t see them being at their best in 2018.

Eleventh – Fremantle
Started 2017 well but however trailed off. I can see them improving in 2018 but they just need to be a little more aggressive going forward.

Twelfth – Hawthorn
One or two kids that look the goods, but other than Tom Mitchell, their recruiting is not a pretty sight from here. Still a rebuilding side with the loss of Hodge but should still cause a few upsets.

Thirteenth – St Kilda
Not a decent rebuild. A lot of fast paced players, but the skill isn't there. Have lost Nick Riewoldt and I see them dropping off a bit in 2018 but should still cause upsets.

Fourteenth – North Melbourne
Were expected to drop in 2017, They are still a rebuilding side but should be back to their best soon with the talent of young players.

Fifteenth – Collingwood
May have defeated a few 2017 Top 8 Sides but need to perform less like seagulls at the chip and takes risks with pushing the ball forward.

Sixteenth – Brisbane
Will improve a bit. One of the youngest sides coached by a well-experienced man. Hodge should lead the team very well and a few more of them could prove to be potential stars.

Seventeenth – Gold Coast
This team have lost Gary Ablett. Very inconsistent, a lot of pace and but extremely sloppy. However they will be back to their best soon.

Eighteenth – Carlton
Will continue to rebuild and will climb up the ladder soon but Will need to continue to improve on the depth for the midfield.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be hard to go past GWS

They have been the most talented list of the past two seasons, but if you go in to finals with injuries to crucial players and team balance issues, then you can get found out by inferior, but cohesive units.

Sydney probably played the best level of footy during the season, but started too far back at 0-6 and had a stinker v Geelong when they didn't have any fallback position.

View attachment 422766

Think the betting is best at this early stage.

Think Richmond are too long. They're not old and I'm not aware their list will be weaker next year.

Bulldogs sre way too short. Unless they have the best trade period if all time, I cant see their list making finals.

$23 Essendon

Those were probably the same odds Richmond had at the beginning of 2017

They have been the most talented list of the past two seasons, but if you go in to finals with injuries to crucial players and team balance issues, then you can get found out by inferior, but cohesive units.

Sydney probably played the best level of footy during the season, but started too far back at 0-6 and had a stinker v Geelong when they didn't have any fallback position.
Crows played their worst game today Tiges had no injuries all year
Its luck and form

Crows played their worst game today Tiges had no injuries all year
Its luck and form

Yep. Credit where it's due. Richmond played their best footy at the right end of the season.

However, if we lined up every sides best footy in 2017, then I wouldn't rate them top 4.

1. Sydney
2. Greater Western Sydney (P)
3. Melbourne
4. Adelaide
5. Richmond
6. Geelong
7. Collingwood
8. Essendon
9. Port Adelaide
10. West Coast
11. St Kilda
12. Carlton
13. Fremantle
14. Brisbane Lions
15. Hawthorn
16. Western Bulldogs
17. North Melbourne
18. Gold Coast

Finals Week 1
Adelaide d. Sydney
GWS d. Melbourne
Richmond d. Essendon
Collingwood d. Geelong

Finals Week 2
Richmond d. Melbourne
Sydney d. Collingwood

Finals Week 3
GWS d. Sydney
Adelaide d. Richmond

Grand Final
GWS d. Adelaide

1. Port Adelaide
2. Adelaide
3. GWS
4. Geelong
5. Sydney
6. Melbourne
7. Collingwood
8. St Kilda
9. Western Bulldogs
10. Richmond
11. West Coast
12. Essendon
13. North Melbourne
14. Fremantle
15. Hawthorn
16. Carlton
17. Brisbane
18. Gold Coast

Haha! Adelaide and Richmond 1 & 2. No ******* way.

You would think people would have learnt from the Dogs and even the Swans slow start this year.
These teams are no guaranteed to be back in top 4 and tbh i would be very suprised if Richmond were anywhere near it next year.

Only the champion sides like Hawks and Brisbane threepeat back up year after year.

We done it all year? And please explain to me how running and tackling is something that can't be replicated?

For one you will have a tough draw + plus later start to training.
2x games against Adelaide, GWS, Geelong, etc.
Up an coming sides like St Kilda, Melbourne and Collingwood will cause you trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back