Play Nice 2018 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

And that has happened so so many times in 150 years lol. Get over your loss to us. We will be just as good next year. We will find a gun tall. Our fixture will be no tougher next year. No game in geelong. Give us the eagles and power twice please. They did make the 8 after all lol
I understand your euphoric state of mind has warped the old brain cells considerably this morning. It's October 1st mate and im only expressing an opinion, the Tigers will go onto completely bugger up 2018, like the Dogs this year and the Hawks of 2009, but who knows they might finish 8th and Geelong finish 5th and you get a home final! :eek:

I understand your euphoric state of mind has warped the old brain cells considerably this morning. It's October 1st mate and im only expressing an opinion, the Tigers will go onto completely bugger up 2018, like the Dogs this year and the Hawks of 2009, but who knows they might finish 8th and Geelong finish 5th and you get a home final! :eek:

It’s not an opinion, it’s your hope

For one you will have a tough draw + plus later start to training.
2x games against Adelaide, GWS, Geelong, etc.
Up an coming sides like St Kilda, Melbourne and Collingwood will cause you trouble.
Up and coming sides? Pretty sure we are just as young. Maybe younger than some of those sides.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

And that has happened so so many times in 150 years lol. Get over your loss to us. We will be just as good next year. We will find a gun tall. Our fixture will be no tougher next year. No game in geelong. Give us the eagles and power twice please. They did make the 8 after all lol

Well it has happened twice recently to us in 09 and the dogs last season.

Enjoy the win but don't take it for granted you'll just be there again on grand final day next season.

It takes an awful amount of luck in addition to talent/gameplan/hunger to win a premiership. You guys have a fantastic defence, the best player in the league and manic pressure, but I'm not convinced it's the best list in the league. You had a fantastic run with injuries and the draw of a non finalist.

Next year will be a tougher draw and you will be the hunted. Maybe a coach finds a way to shut down your gameplan? Maybe you have a bad run of injury. Maybe you have a form slump etc.

There are plenty of things that can go wrong and even if you're off your game a little that might be enough for a bunch of teams to leap frog you. I would still expect the Tigers to be there abouts next season, but don't just assume you'll be just as good/better.

It’s not an opinion, it’s your hope
Hope? Everyone has hope... even Suns supporters! Sometimes people like things, but sometimes, because of your current state of euphoria, people like things that aren't as awesome as they might think they are in the clear light of day. After all, most footy fans are idiots, but today you're probably not, i understand that perfectly, you have won bragging rights for about the next two weeks. Believe me it stops very suddenly and you begin to feel that nervousness creeping back into your body telling you " they'll stuff things up next year and we'll be crap again in next to no time" (ask any Bulldogs supporter for confirmation) And yet here we are, with our wise and correct opinions which will land us both in all sorts of awkwardness for the next six months before March 22 comes around. Enjoy it all while it lasts, it's a fantastic feeling. I jumped on the Tigers bandwagon this week when i tipped them by 72 points, but as of today Octboer1st 2017 footy wars begin again, see you down at the cattery sooner than you might think! ;)

Yes we had a soft draw. Still had two blocks of three consecutive games where we had a shorter break than our opponents. Two games in SA & Qld and one in Sydney, Perth & Geelong. Not sure the Anzac Eve game (Tuesday night in 2018) will be held next year.

Yes the competition is close, and we'll need to evolve to remain competitive.

But premiers to bottom four is a rather extreme forecast. Think it's happened twice in over a hundred years. It's not a list that's about to go off a cliff.
Not bottom 4 but it seems like a list that will finish 6-12. If you can snare a few blokes in the trade period that may help

I am. But don’t expect to fall away like the dogs. That was either a bad drop off or dogs are about 7th best as they finished after home and away last year

Only Victorian team to win two interstate finals, beat the then Premiers and beat the team that finished first in the Grand Final. Not one of our finals was at our home ground, unlike the Tigers.

Incidentally you didn't beat us this year either.

1. Port Adelaide
2. Melbourne
3. Sydney
4. Adelaide
5. Essendon
6. St. Kilda
7. Richmond
8. GWS
9. Geelong
10. Collingwood
11. West Coast
12. Carlton
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Hawthorn
15. Brisbane
16. Fremantle
17. North Melbourne
18. Gold Coast

(I have no idea btw)

Teams learn what works to stop teams
This year everyone started throwing and dropping the ball and it diluted the Dogs advantage in 16
Next year everyone will either out tackle the Tiges or work out a way to play keepings off and spread them
Swans got worked out in the end, just play the Hawks keepings off game on them,more teams will do that to them next year.
GWS likes to only run one way more teams will try and exploit that next year,but they did have a massive injury list and they still have a massive upside so its not going to be easy.

Collingwood, Stkilda , GWS, Melbourne are a lot younger than your squad.
Are GWS much younger than anyone now? Another 3 guys on the younger side on the way out.

The other three are true, especially Melbourne whose age and experience bracket is thrown out by Bernie and Lewis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. GWS
2. Crows
3. Port Adelaide
4. Richmond
5. Sydney
6. Melbourne
7. Bulldogs
8. Geelong
9. St kilda
10. West Coast
11. Essendon
12. Collingwood
13. Carlton
14. Hawthorn
15. Gold Coast
16. Fremantle
17. Brisbane
18. North Melbourne

Teams learn what works to stop teams
This year everyone started throwing and dropping the ball and it diluted the Dogs advantage in 16
Next year everyone will either out tackle the Tiges or work out a way to play keepings off and spread them
Swans got worked out in the end, just play the Hawks keepings off game on them,more teams will do that to them next year.
GWS likes to only run one way more teams will try and exploit that next year,but they did have a massive injury list and they still have a massive upside so its not going to be easy.

How do you outdo pace and pressure in our forward half?

Collingwood, Stkilda , GWS, Melbourne are a lot younger than your squad.

Average over the 22 h&a games

Club|Avg Age|Players Used
\WC|26.77|34
\Ha|26.14|37
\Ge|25.97|36
\Es|25.69|36
\Ad|25.36|31
\NM|25.25|37
\PA|25.14|35
\Sy|25.10|35
\St|25.09|34
\GWS|25.08|37
\WB|25.00|37
\Fr|24.92|37
\Co|24.91|37
\Ri|24.65|38
\Me|24.58|36
\Ca|24.56|39
\GC|23.95|42
\Br|23.48|38
I'm biased, but I reckon there are more untruths posted about our club and players than any other.

Well, this is early. As always, fixryres only make a real difference in the middle; trades could have a big impact.

Adelaide
GWS
Sydney
Richmond
Melbourne
West Coast
Western Bulldogs
Geelong

Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Hawthorn