2018 Ladder Predictions

Discussion in 'AFL - The Australian Football League' started by Connar, Jul 16, 2017.

Put it out there
  1. Bazzar

Bazzar Hall of Famer

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Swans weren't in the 8.
    Yes you did beat the Eagles, but they were in and out of the 8 just making up numbers, just an ordinary side, if that's Ports claim to fame for the year then it was a massive fail. You said the Crows play AO extremely well but you couldn't even beat the Eagles on two separate occasions this year. I cant see you making the 8 in 2018

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 1:59 AM
    Roovolution and Alwaysacrow like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Topkent

Topkent Brownlow Medallist

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Winnipeg Jets
    It must be an amazing feeling lads like I get the feeling one drink that cup after we've been drink from our teams so long would quench that thirst for a lifetime

Bazzar likes this.
  3. Bazzar

Bazzar Hall of Famer

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Now the Tiges and Dogs have done the job I hope the Dee's are next. ( If we dont win it)

4. Drewie11

Drewie11 Club Legend

Adelaide
    Other teams:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...y/news-story/260167253f20b80354b15fc8ee3de301

Think again, Adelaide had a good run with injuries but have a look at Port. Absolutely kissed on the dick.

You guys will have a harder draw and probably won’t get the injury run like you had last year. If Dixon goes down then your next best forward is Marshall and when he turns sideways no one can see him.

Yes teams will get better but that goes for you guys too.

Roovolution likes this.
  5. Janus

Janus Dominus Ex Machina

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls
    Why why Port 'kissed on the dick'? I'm pretty sure in a final we would have much preferred to play Hombsch (inj), Broadbent (inj) and Jonas (susp.) against a side with Kennedy, Darling and Le Cras over Bonner (4 games), Howard (10 games) and Houston (17 games)...who all will be good but don't have the experience needed for a final. That goes for Marshall (3 games) on McGovern as well.

Then you add Byrne-Jones and Clurey to the list, both of whom have played under 50 games, and it's understandable why Port didn't perform the way a Richmond with Rance (175 games), Grimes (104 games), Houli (170 games), Ellis (135 games) and Vlaustin (96 games) did in finals.

Put Broadbent (161 games), Jonas (103 games) and Hombsch (84 games) into our back lines and the first quarter against West Coast would have never happened because the West Coast mids wouldn't have gone after our young, inexperienced defence the way they did. Hartlett and Pittard were the most senior players in our defence.

It's why I can't understand anyone who leaves Hombsch and Broadbent out of our best 22 for the likes of Bonner and Howard. The first two should be locks if we want to win a flag. The latter two should be concentrating on building up their number of games played when we rotate players through injury or resting them...because if Bonner and Howard are in our best 22 we're not playing finals in 2018, due to them being not very good at defence.

bagelchrist likes this.
  6. dean33

dean33 Norm Smith Medallist

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Yes just noticed the away part hence the reason I deleted the post, you’re quick.

nameless likes this.
  7. truebeliever87

truebeliever87 Norm Smith Medallist

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    No-one is in the 8 before round 1 has finished.

Who said beating the Eagles was a claim to fame? People are only correcting the statement that we didn't beat a top 8 side. No-one is proud of 2017 but they can recognise that we did improve and that our off-season has been successful in overturning the list and targeting specific needs.

We were one win away from top 4 and have made our 22 considerably stronger. If you think that equates to us missing the 8 then I don't know what to tell you.

bagelchrist, GreyPower and Andre like this.
  8. dean33

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Port are an interesting one, I didn’t rate them this year and thought the eagles would roll them first up. Rockcliff is a good pick up no doubt and gives them extra grunt, Watts and motlop? Who knows, when they put it together both can be damaging however they lack for consistency. They could either bolt into the top 4 or meander around mid table.

GreyCrow likes this.
  9. Lsta062

Lsta062 Norm Smith Medallist

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Chelsea, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Nah I think Port are alright. The acquisition of Rockliff alone should launch them into contention for 2018 in my opinion.

Freshwater and aussierulesrules like this.
  10. TheRoo32

TheRoo32 Premiership Player

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    That is one of the more bizarre and delusional analyses I have seen.

Crows beat Port by 84 points in the second showdown, and beat Essendon by a combined 100+ points over there two meetings.

Now it's a theory of 'imagine they lose some of the games they won and they could slide'.

Apply that 'logic' to any side and it is the same...

11. truebeliever87

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Yep most would agree that they're inconsistent however their best is considerably better than Impey and the failed Trengove as a forward experiment.

Chad WinGOAT likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Janus

Janus Dominus Ex Machina

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls
    You also got flogged by North by 60 and managed to turn a 30+ point lead against Melbourne into a 40+ point loss.

Let’s not pretend you were or are a super team. And just because something wss doesn’t mean it will be.

13. truebeliever87

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Also making Collingwood, Hawthorn and Carlton look pretty good away from home.

Gotta play well in Melbourne if you're any chance at the big dance.

14. boncer34

boncer34 It's just the way I say things

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Melbourne Storm
    For the record.

Using Jonas being suspended as justification for Port not being kissed on the dick by injury doesn't work.

Striker475 likes this.
  15. dean33

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Yes true, no doubt what has come in trumps what went out.

16. Bazzar

Bazzar Hall of Famer

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Watts and Motlop? really. They are club rejects for a reason. Rockliff was a good pickup but I doubt he will make much of a difference.

Roovolution likes this.
  17. B4Bear

B4Bear Premiership Player

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Quoted for cluelessness.

18. Jaeger

Jaeger Premium Gold

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    Box Hill, Man City, WADA
    No one seems to give the Hawks much chance of making the top 8. Some even have us in their bottom 4.

19. Alwaysacrow

Alwaysacrow Club Legend

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Janus logic

1990crow likes this.
  20. Football Tragic

Football Tragic Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Its all just opinion from people who are hoping and guessing depending on their personal agendas. Hawthorn have been a very successful team for a long time so many opposition fans hope that they will fail for a while and their team will succeed. Other people hate teams because of their supporters, for dashing their teams hopes in the past or for thousands of other reasons.

I wouldn't worry about what other fans think. Hawthorn are just as likely to march up the ladder as any other team in 2018.

TJASTA and Jaeger like this.
  21. schmuttt

schmuttt Premium Platinum

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    West Ham United
    I don’t need a ‘personal agenda’ to see that it is extremely unlikely the Hawks overtake enough teams above them to make the 8.

22. Football Tragic

Football Tragic Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Just like it was 'extremely unlikely' Richmond would make the top 4, let along win the flag. The Hawks are still a chance of getting into the 8 just the same as Melbourne is a chance of missing them again or the Tigers not going back to back (don't laugh it could happen!)

23. Roovolution

Roovolution Premiership Player

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    This is why no one takes Port posters seriously. Kissed on the dick with injuries?????? what are you on? don't post while high. If Port had lost a GF missing a player or two all we'd hear about is how if so and so was playing we would've won. We lost mcGovern twice for long periods and he was missing from finals, we lost Brodie Smith on the eve of the GF, we had Hugh Greenwood batling an ankle/achilles injury all during the finals and we ended up basically playing one short from qtr time on in the GF and Tex was nursing foot problems and hand problems for most of the season. You've got absolutely NO CLUE and to say we got a dream run with the umpires again shows how you Port posters just trot out the same crap day in day out without having a single clue about anything. We copped one of the most ridiculously biased umpiring performances in any GF ever and you spout this crap. Go back to your own delusional board and stop drinking the Koolaid.

1990crow and truebeliever87 like this.
  24. Heisenberg_

Heisenberg_ Premium Platinum

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Grin, Papa G, Kingfish73 and 3 others like this.
  25. truebeliever87

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    "We copped one of the most ridiculously biased umpiring performances in any GF ever"

Grin and bagelchrist like this.