Play Nice 2018 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly I'm making a point to the poster who quoted me. Stop sooking because people rate you as the weakest Premier ever.
I'm not sooking, I couldn't care less what some dipshits think.
But I'm sick of seeing you sooking constantly, it's like a car crash though, just can't look away.

I'm not sooking, I couldn't care less what some dipshits think.
But I'm sick of seeing you sooking constantly, it's like a car crash though, just can't look away.

You don't care and yet you follow me from thread to thread and spend your days trying to convince everyone how good Richmond supposedly is. Funny.

Yep most would agree that they're inconsistent however their best is considerably better than Impey and the failed Trengove as a forward experiment.
Three big problems for Port in 2017.
1. Our midfield disappearing when the run is against them. Rockliff is a proven performer in a side that was usually losing. The exact type of clearance winner we’ve lacked.
2. Lack of support for Dixon forward. Watts doesn’t need to be the main KPF or top line, just provide the contest Trengove couldn’t. Watts at his worst does that.
3. Our run from back to forward predictable by Polec being our only genuine line breaker, making it easy for oppositions to set up to stop our transition. Motlop doesn’t need to be super on the opposite wing. Just by being there he stops the easy setup for other sides.

Few Port supporters are saying we’ll win the flag, but when we bring in three players that ‘at their current level and consistency’ address our three 2017 shortfalls, that led to our struggles against better sides, seeing people having us go backwards unsurprisingly jars.

Three big problems for Port in 2017.
1. Our midfield disappearing when the run is against them. Rockliff is a proven performer in a side that was usually losing. The exact type of clearance winner we’ve lacked.
2. Lack of support for Dixon forward. Watts doesn’t need to be the main KPF or top line, just provide the contest Trengove couldn’t. Watts at his worst does that.
3. Our run from back to forward predictable by Polec being our only genuine line breaker, making it easy for oppositions to set up to stop our transition. Motlop doesn’t need to be super on the opposite wing. Just by being there he stops the easy setup for other sides.

Few Port supporters are saying we’ll win the flag, but when we bring in three players that ‘at their current level and consistency’ address our three 2017 shortfalls, that led to our struggles against better sides, seeing people having us go backwards unsurprisingly jars.
I believe you have improved your best 22 because you needed to. Your finish of 6th flattered you, the fact you couldnt beat top 8 sides just highlights it. Thinking back, has a top 6 side ever finished that high with such a poor record like that? You couldn’t expect the same finish with the same side.

My query on Port is your depth, you’ve moved on 11 players. Many of those could have played for you and played a role. Your depth now includes McKenzie and Trengove who have major question marks over them. You retained Toumpas which pretty much says it all.

So only 2-3 injuries during the year and Port will be fine, any more than that and you could be in for a world of pain.

Why why Port 'kissed on the dick'? I'm pretty sure in a final we would have much preferred to play Hombsch (inj), Broadbent (inj) and Jonas (susp.) against a side with Kennedy, Darling and Le Cras over Bonner (4 games), Howard (10 games) and Houston (17 games)...who all will be good but don't have the experience needed for a final. That goes for Marshall (3 games) on McGovern as well.

Then you add Byrne-Jones and Clurey to the list, both of whom have played under 50 games, and it's understandable why Port didn't perform the way a Richmond with Rance (175 games), Grimes (104 games), Houli (170 games), Ellis (135 games) and Vlaustin (96 games) did in finals.

Put Broadbent (161 games), Jonas (103 games) and Hombsch (84 games) into our back lines and the first quarter against West Coast would have never happened because the West Coast mids wouldn't have gone after our young, inexperienced defence the way they did. Hartlett and Pittard were the most senior players in our defence.

It's why I can't understand anyone who leaves Hombsch and Broadbent out of our best 22 for the likes of Bonner and Howard. The first two should be locks if we want to win a flag. The latter two should be concentrating on building up their number of games played when we rotate players through injury or resting them...because if Bonner and Howard are in our best 22 we're not playing finals in 2018, due to them being not very good at defence.
Didn’t Hombsh get dropped to the reserves during the year?

And I like it how you have mentioned your injuries and not West Coasts, how do you think you would have gone with Nic Nat in the it side?

How about when you beat them in WA without Kennedy and Nic Nat, did you qualify that win accordingly?

Richmond got flogged by 60+? by Essendon. What does that say about them? They also were beaten by Freo at the MCG but won the flag. It's extremely difficult to go an entire AFL season without having off days.

I’m sorry, but when exactly were Richmond flogged by 60 points against Essendon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richmond got flogged by 60+? by Essendon. What does that say about them? They also were beaten by Freo at the MCG but won the flag. It's extremely difficult to go an entire AFL season without having off days.
Must have missed that game. Well done to the Bombers

And the Freo game was a shocker. We kicked 5.5 in the final quarter to hit the lead, then they kicked their only goal for the quarter after the siren to win the game.

Those three close losses were a blessing in disguise because we then went on to win 11 of the next 13 games

Last edited:
Didn't lose to Essendon. We got flogged by the Saints around the middle of the year. A completely off day, probably our worst in years.
It is extremely hard to be at your best all year. The Tigers only had 2 bad games for the year.
They were in everything else.

You don't care and yet you follow me from thread to thread and spend your days trying to convince everyone how good Richmond supposedly is. Funny.
I don't do either, I was subscribed to this thread long before you were.
The second is a blatant lie, but given how rubbish most your posts are this isn't a surprise at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not exactly certain at all, but I am listing the pies as one of the teams Taystee might put it together, improve and make the 8
Help wanted over here.

I was posting while very drunk last night. Does anyone know what I mean by this post? I haven't the foggiest

You also got flogged by North by 60 and managed to turn a 30+ point lead against Melbourne into a 40+ point loss.

Let’s not pretend you were or are a super team. And just because something wss doesn’t mean it will be.

No ones pretending we were a super team, just highlighting that the examples you used as games that could easily be overturned were just moronic.

That logic can be applied for absolutely any team. It’s the same as saying “if Brisbane had just have won 8 more of the games they lost by 10+ goals they would’ve played finals...easy to see Brisbane making finals next year.”

1. Sydney
2. Richmond
3. Port
4. Adelaide
5. GWS
6. Essendon
7. Geelong
8. Melbourne

9. Bulldogs
10. St. Kilda
11. Hawthorn
12. Fremantle
13. Collingwood
14. West Coast
15. Brisbane
16. Gold Coast
17. Carlton
18. North

That was tough. Very unsure about positions 6-10. I think the Dogs could play finals but not sure who they dislodge.

1. Sydney
2. Richmond
3. Port
4. Adelaide
5. GWS
6. Essendon
7. Geelong
8. Melbourne

9. Bulldogs
10. St. Kilda
11. Hawthorn
12. Fremantle
13. Collingwood
14. West Coast
15. Brisbane
16. Gold Coast
17. Carlton
18. North

That was tough. Very unsure about positions 6-10. I think the Dogs could play finals but not sure who they dislodge.
Very good ladder, not much there I’d disagree with. Would set up a huge first week of finals. You blokes would get to experience the g with 90,000 of the army.

No ones pretending we were a super team, just highlighting that the examples you used as games that could easily be overturned were just moronic.

That logic can be applied for absolutely any team. It’s the same as saying “if Brisbane had just have won 8 more of the games they lost by 10+ goals they would’ve played finals...easy to see Brisbane making finals next year.”

Do you even remember the first Showdown? In the first quarter we would have blown you off the park if we had kicked straight. Guess what would have happened then? If all other results had been the same, even the second Showdown result, we would have finished second and you would have finished fifth.

Geelong 15 wins, 1 draw, 6 losses - 62 points (117.38%)
Port Adelaide 15 wins, 7 losses - 60 points (129.74%)
Richmond 15 wins, 7 losses - 60 points (118.29%)
GWS 14 wins, 2 draws, 6 losses - 60 points (114.85%)
Adelaide 14 wins, 1 draw, 7 losses - 58 points (135.98%)

That was a game that could have been EASILY overturned since a) it was only a 17 point loss and we got it to within a goal in the last term b) we butchered chances in the first quarter b) when we were mounting a comeback in the last that little grub Cameron ironed out Houston after disposing of the ball, which not only wasn't a downfield free apparently but the resulting remonstrating by Trengove enabled your side to quickly take advantage of the situation and score c) Pyke even said that it was only when Walker kicked that long goal out of his butt in the last quarter that he felt safe.

I think you'll easily make finals for the precise reason why you'll never win a flag - your game is built for Adelaide Oval and not the MCG.

You had your shot and you failed. Don't cry about it.

I'm supremely confident that Melbourne will be top four next year. I told Demons supporters that this year they would be better off with one more year of missing finals because they are lacking something in defence, and they've got it with Lever. As long as the failure has burned into their players the need to work both ways, which I believe it has - they will be one half of the GF so long as everyone stays healthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back