Play Nice 2018 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are you bothering to post on BF? Shouldn't you be driving your Lambo on the moon with all your lottery winnings?

You're the delusional one thinking Geelong had any chance against the Tigers in 2017.........fact is we were far superior in our effort and attack on the footy and it wouldn't have mattered where we played because the result would have been the same.

You're the delusional one thinking Geelong had any chance against the Tigers in 2017.........fact is we were far superior in our effort and attack on the footy and it wouldn't have mattered where we played because the result would have been the same.
Except that time in round 21, 2017 when the teams played with Geelong missing 3 of its best 4 players and still winning of course.

View attachment 449845
No Selwood, Duncan, Hawkins either. Everyone in the football world knows Richmond wouldn't have beaten Geelong in Geelong or Adelaide in Adelaide and you got given a golden handshake by the AFL. You get so defensive because you know it too.

Geelong has played in more finals in the last 5 years than Richmond has in the last 20 years :$
How many flags have you netted in the last 5 years? Or are you satisfied with being knocked out in preliminary and semi finals?

Except that time in round 21, 2017 when the teams played with Geelong missing 3 of its best 4 players and still winning of course.
Played terribly, player down for 3 quarters, lopsided free kick count and still only lost by a couple of goals. Most Richmond supporters walked away from that game knowing if we got you again in September we’d clean you up. Which we did:)

Hawks will surprise in this area which is why many of its supporters are optimistic and pleased with the clubs quick transition/rebuild of its list particularly in the midfield.

Sounds strange but although the Hawks missed finals in 2017 it was still a valuable year in finding a number of new players who can play at AFL level and players that can play well in different positions they are accustomed to. As he has always done Alastair Houdini will structure the midfield around a small core group with several other players around them pinch hitting at centre bounces/ball ups.

Sam Mitchell, Lewis & Burgoyne will hardly be missed

Reiwoldt back after he missed 2 games after a serious eye scratch and admitted he had some confidence issues in that game, especially hitting packs hard in the first half, and our second best bigger forward after Reiwoldt, Caddy went off late in the first with a hamstring. We had a limited forward line and still managed to win the second half by 10 points.

And the 3 of your best 4 missing? Selwood and Duncan were ordinary in the return match, the QF, a game that mattered, and the 4th? surly not Hawkins? he was also meh in the QF.

View attachment 449845
No Selwood, Duncan, Hawkins either. Everyone in the football world knows Richmond wouldn't have beaten Geelong in Geelong or Adelaide in Adelaide and you got given a golden handshake by the AFL. You get so defensive because you know it too.

Geelong has played in more finals in the last 5 years than Richmond has in the last 20 years :$
It's really not Richmond's fault that Geelong doesn't have the character to be anywhere near competitive on an even playing field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 449845

Probably the only reason the Cats won because Taylor went forward and Rance had his worst game since the start of 2014

Ladder predictions and I see Geelong losers still crying - LOVE IT
God you're gunna hate playing us twice at the G next year - Maybe more .... Better lock in some therapy sessions

So you were wrong

How was I wrong? I still maintain the belief that Richmond would have defeated Geelong at Geelong IN THE FINALS.

No one gives a s**t about round 21, finals is where a premiership is won and that's exactly what we did.

The ground doesn't determine how much heart a team has, so Geelong would have been found out one way or another

View attachment 449845

true, but the GF has always been at the G.
The advantage is there during the H&A season to get the Cats and Crows into positions to compete in finals that not all teams have.
To balance that, those grounds are not used for the GF. in the case of the QF - the cats had a case to press there. And im surprised they didn't make more noise around it.

The QF farce aside, the question i would pose is would you give up 6 home games a year at your home ground for a home GF should you make it?
I'd be happier making finals on a more regular basis

View attachment 449845

Too much excuses. Everyone knows that Sydney would have smashed Geelong in Geelong. I guess that doesn't count when it is in your favour?

How was I wrong? I still maintain the belief that Richmond would have defeated Geelong at Geelong IN THE FINALS.

No one gives a s**t about round 21, finals is where a premiership is won and that's exactly what we did.

The ground doesn't determine how much heart a team has, so Geelong would have been found out one way or another
they beat most teams there. I've seen two teams play that ground well. Fremantle at their peak and Sydney.
Its a weird shaped ground and you lose your orientation and have to adjust your game plan. There is a reason their record there is so strong.

While there is no way of knowing, the odds are Geelong win the final if it was held in Geelong.

Greater Western Sydney
Adelaide
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Geelong
Melbourne
Hawthorn
Essendon

Richmond
St Kilda
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
Fremantle
West Coast
Carlton
Brisbane
North Melbourne
Gold Coast

Greater Western Sydney
Adelaide
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Geelong
Melbourne
Hawthorn
Essendon

Richmond
St Kilda
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
Fremantle
West Coast
Carlton
Brisbane
North Melbourne
Gold Coast
id be surprised if Geelong aren't top 4 (though who do you take out), Richmond aren't top 6, Hawks make finals and collingwood win enough to get that high.

The advantage is there during the H&A season to get the Cats and Crows into positions to compete in finals that not all teams have.
To balance that, those grounds are not used for the GF. in the case of the QF - the cats had a case to press there. And im surprised they didn't make more noise around it.

The QF farce aside, the question i would pose is would you give up 6 home games a year at your home ground for a home GF should you make it?
To balance our home ground advantage during the regular season we play an equal number of away games

Vic teams position on the ladder are inflated due to not being disadvantaged in as many games during the year. You have a better chance of winning two neutral games against a Melbourne team than we do on a return trip to Sydney for example

There are only a few clubs that can play a whole finals series without any disadvantage as we witnessed this year regardless of ladder position

Change the goalposts however you like, you were incorrect.

Geelong already gives up 3 home games per year anyway, don't get me wrong I enjoy seeing Geelong make the finals but we also have to remember that generally they only play weak/interstate teams at KP which further inflates the W/L record there. If you took the W/L record for Hawthorn at home vs only interstate sides, WB, St Kilda, Melbourne and Richmond over the past 10 years I'd say it'd be similar to Geelongs at KP

Too much excuses. Everyone knows that Sydney would have smashed Geelong in Geelong. I guess that doesn't count when it is in your favour?
wat? so the MCG was advantageous this year to Geelong vs Sydney, but last years PF of Geelong vs Sydney at the MCG it wasn't?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back