List Mgmt. 2018 Leadership Group

Remove this Banner Ad

There really is a lot of love for APearce in that club.:thumbsu:

That's a few indigenous kids in the leadership. I'm hitting 50 soon enough, in the 70's when growing up, worthy or not, it was extremely unlikely for even one to get selected - with a rare exception here or there such as Barry Cable.

I'm not trying to make a big thing about it, but it is worth noting that change has happened with time and I wouldn't have expected this even back at our clubs inception not so long ago :thumbsu:

Pearce should start Rnd 1. As much as I think he has made a great career for himself, spurr out of the leadership groups allows for a smoother transition to other options in the back line. I agree his experience is and will be needed, but we need to balance that with setting up our backline for the next decade. Pearce, logue, ryan, hamling and wilson would potentially give us one of the strongest backlines in the league long term. Add some Hughes, blakely and a couple of others rolling through there and we have a backline that can handle all sizes and be incredibly attacking. Logue is key in this as he should be able to cover all sizes and launch attacks.

I think 7 in the leadership group is a touch too many, however I cant think of any who shouldn't be in there, which is a great place for the club to be in.

That's a few indigenous kids in the leadership. I'm hitting 50 soon enough, in the 70's when growing up, worthy or not, it was extremely unlikely for even one to get selected - with a rare exception here or there such as Barry Cable.

I'm not trying to make a big thing about it, but it is worth noting that change has happened with time and I wouldn't have expected this even back at our clubs inception not so long ago :thumbsu:

Polly Farmer, captain coach.

I think 7 in the leadership group is a touch too many, however I cant think of any who shouldn't be in there, which is a great place for the club to be in.

i said this last year and probably the year before - Sandilands and Mundy - i'm not sure they need the title, they are already leaders. Unless there is some kind of special "leadership group meetings".

AP must be a giant around the club to get voted in so young after so little football. Really looking forward to him playing this year.

FWIW leadership roles in AFL are hardly being the captain of Australia in the cricket (when you have to set fields, pick bowlers etc)

Really happy that AP and Hill made the leadership group.

Hill have been leading by example on field since he got here. Glad that he got recognized for it.

I’m assuming AP exhibit good attitude and professionalism during his recovery to warrant selection as well.

The fact that they are voted in meant that the players acknowledge them both for their leadership ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't argue with that group.

Spurr dropping out was probably the correct decision. I sense this could his last year especially being off contract and 31 this year. Needs a big year i suspect.

Great reward for Alex pearce though dont want to imagine what that kid has been through the last 2 years

i said this last year and probably the year before - Sandilands and Mundy - i'm not sure they need the title, they are already leaders. Unless there is some kind of special "leadership group meetings".

AP must be a giant around the club to get voted in so young after so little football. Really looking forward to him playing this year.

FWIW leadership roles in AFL are hardly being the captain of Australia in the cricket (when you have to set fields, pick bowlers etc)
I think they do need to be in. Sandi is our senior ruck by a lot and is basically player/coaching the new ranks. And Mundy was Captain until about 12 months ago. Their entire roles at the club now is to lead & nurture the new generation of Freo players

Young Bradley keeps pipping his brother every time. Grand Final wins, 2/3km time trials, Club B&F. Leadership Group.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back