Strategy 2018 | Let's Construct Our Best 22 | Part 4: Interchange (+ Emergencies)

Who should make up our 2018 interchange positions (choose four)?

• #9 Charlie Spargo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #16 Dean Kent

• #24 Jay Kennedy-Harris

• #26 Sam Weideman

• #42 Josh Wagner

• #45 Declan Keilty

• OTHER: #34 King, #35 Petty, #37 Johnstone, #40 McKenna or #47 Filipovic (please specify)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was more talking about the ones where he runs into an open goal ... as they're the only ones he kicks.

ANB and Garlett are both fairly good at that, and offer a bit more elsewhere. Harmes is a better lead up forward and with Watts out, he has a bit of a chance to dig out a spot for himself.

Bernie Vince is highly underrated on here. I would play him in the midfield as a stopper on the best opposing mid. He went backwards last year but was being played out of position in defence.

I agree and I would add to this that he was also battling a horrific toenail injury that resulted in him suffering pain when he kicked the ball. Even though he's lost a bit of pace and penetration, he is still one of the best in our team at kicking off both feet.

Vince was in equally s**t form towards the end of 2016, the toe injury is an excuse imo. I love the guy and he was a great pickup but in 2018 I doubt he plays more than 10 games.
Agree. We shall see. If he can recapture his 2014-15 form he will be invaluable.

Vince was in equally s**t form towards the end of 2016, the toe injury is an excuse imo. I love the guy and he was a great pickup but in 2018 I doubt he plays more than 10 games.
+1, he was incredibly frustrating towards the end of 2016, and continued in that form for the most part of 2017.

I'm pretty sure his sore toe didn't make him keep belting blokes either.

Bring him in as required for niggle capacity - for your Rory Sloanes and so forth. I rewatched that match yesterday and he did a great job. If he gets himself suspended so be it - his decline in form means that shouldn’t hurt us.

I am the Clarko of couch coaching.

Agree. He did drop away in 2016. I’d like to see him hit some form and keep a spot in the 22. However thinking his not going to play every week. Maybe around 10 or so games. Happy to be proven wrong.

+1, he was incredibly frustrating towards the end of 2016, and continued in that form for the most part of 2017.

I'm pretty sure his sore toe didn't make him keep belting blokes either.

I'm not so sure about that. If i had a persistently sore toe that impeded my ability to do my job adequately even with painkillers I may well have snotted someone too. And I'm a very non violent peace loving sort - as Bernie appears to be (well, most of the time).

Salem, Neal-Bullen, Lewis and Harmes have been selected on the interchange.

Pedersen has been selected as an emergency.

There is currently a four-way tie for the last two emergency positions between Maynard, vandenBerg, Vince and J Smith. If they're not split in the next 12-24 hours, I'll use my own discretion.

2018 team (progressive):
FB: Neville Jetta | Oscar McDonald | Jake Lever
HB: Jayden Hunt | Sam Frost | Michael Hibberd
C: Angus Brayshaw | Dom Tyson | Nathan Jones
HF: Jake Melksham | Jesse Hogan | Christian Petracca
FF: Jeff Garlett | Tom McDonald | Mitch Hannan
R: Max Gawn | Clayton Oliver | Jack Viney
INT: Christian Salem | Alex Neal-Bullen | Jordan Lewis | James Harmes

E: Cam Pedersen | Nick Smith | Nick Smith

IN FROM 2017: Jake Lever, Jake Melksham, Mitch Hannan, Alex Neal-Bullen, James Harmes
OUT FROM 2017: Jack Watts, Dean Kent, Cam Pedersen, Billy Stretch, Bernie Vince

Also, changes from the first collective team we made (2016):

IN: Oscar McDonald, Jake Lever, Jayden Hunt, Michael Hibberd, Jake Melksham, Mitch Hannan, Clayton Oliver, Alex Neal-Bullen, Jordan Lewis
OUT: Lynden Dunn, Colin Garland, Tomas Bugg, Bernie Vince, Cam Pedersen, Dean Kent, Jack Watts, Aaron vandenBerg, Jack Grimes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salem, Neal-Bullen, Lewis and Harmes have been selected on the interchange.

Pedersen has been selected as an emergency.

There is currently a four-way tie for the last two emergency positions between Maynard, vandenBerg, Vince and J Smith. If they're not split in the next 12-24 hours, I'll use my own discretion.

2018 team (progressive):

E: Cam Pedersen | Nick Smith | Nick Smith

IN FROM 2017: Jake Lever, Jake Melksham, Mitch Hannan, Alex Neal-Bullen, James Harmes
OUT FROM 2017: Jack Watts, Dean Kent, Cam Pedersen, Billy Stretch, Bernie Vince
That’d be my best 22 at this stage to. Emergencies are going to be hard to pick if we have a full
List.

Maynard, vandenBerg and J Smith remain.
Ability wise they are hard to split. I’d go Maynard given that Pedo can play forward and back.

I like Vanders but with the general standard of our kicking last season, he could be a liability we can’t afford.

Maynard has hit six, and secures the final emergency position! Thanks for playing, all.

2018 team:

E: Cam Pedersen | Bernie Vince | Corey Maynard

Maynard has hit six, and secures the final emergency position! Thanks for playing, all.

2018 team:

E: Cam Pedersen | Bernie Vince | Corey Maynard
Happy with the consensus best 22, would have all of those players in my personal best 22.

Happy with the consensus best 22, would have all of those players in my personal best 22.

Agree, good best 22. The only emergency I cared about was Pedo, and I think he will play a fair few games this year, as it is unlikely we will go through the whole year without some key position injuries.

Back