2018 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to me we’re just allowing him to work on his game in the 2s. He’s still young. There’s still plenty of improvement left in him.

Feels like players similar to him hit their straps in the AFL and just follow that form. Really thought he'd fill the void we had when Yeo and Doc left but they seem to be really taking their time with his development. Or Im just impatient.

Feels like players similar to him hit their straps in the AFL and just follow that form. Really thought he'd fill the void we had when Yeo and Doc left but they seem to be really taking their time with his development. Or Im just impatient.

Well he played wing more last year and seems to be up forward this year. Last year I thought he could develop into someone similar to Isaac Smith. Maybe he’s developing into a mobile forward now.

Very keen to know how jack frost goes today, if playing. I still hold some hope he can play a role in the firsts as a shut down defender.

IMO his time is past. Would much rather get games into Payne, Ballanden or, fingers crossed, Skinner.

Sloan...2 goals....is he a mature age academy project if such positions exist? Did ok in gf last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO his time is past. Would much rather get games into Payne, Ballanden or, fingers crossed, Skinner.
yeah i guess so. Definately a big fan of payne and skinner as part of our defensive future but see ballanden as a genuine ruck/forward supporting the big O in a cpl of years. I do hold some hope for frost, i dont think he's useless, just needs to learn how to live in the pocket of the oppositions best fwd. If he can do that effectively without losing focus he could have a decent career.

This caught my eye: 'Brisbane will have a week off before taking on QAFL club Wilston Grange in their next practice match on March 24."

You wouldn't think that this would be remotely a close game...
Also not great to have a week off given we lost our intra club to weather.

This caught my eye: 'Brisbane will have a week off before taking on QAFL club Wilston Grange in their next practice match on March 24."

I love my local footy but I don’t get why the Lions would play a team like Winston Grange like I don’t get why the Broncos would play a team like the PNG Hunters a couple of weeks ago. There’s little useful competition and the risk of injuries caused as a result of poor opposition technique or outright cheap shots is quite high IMO

Even the NEAFL sides struggle

NEAFL Practice Match

GOLD COAST SUNS 5.7 13.8 18.13 27.16 (178)
BROADBEACH 0.0 0.1 1.2 1.2 (8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back