2018 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest this performance is about where we are at for the season. Finished below them on the ladder... really don't deserve to go further than this. We still have a fair bit of work to do. Pity we haven't played the likes of Aspley and Southport more often rather than depleted AFL clubs.

Last edited:

Ben Keays is a different beast in the NEAFL. Does some fantastic work in tight and rarely fumbles. Still think he has the game to play AFL.

Just a blue collar workhorse. The lack of kick penetration hurts but one of the best workrates i've seen. I back him too.

Mayes looks completely cooked. Wooller has something. Skinner deserves another two years.

Bob Batty is one of the worst people in football. Absolute local club homer.

Should probably change my signature now.

End of season can't come quick enough for Sam. Horror year for him. Hoping he takes some time to regroup in the off-season, gets back into a better head space and starts enjoying his footy again.

To be honest this performance is about where we are at for the season. Finished below then on the ladder... really don't deserve to go further than this. We still have a fair bit of work to do. Pity we haven't played the likes of Aspley and Southport more often rarher than depelted AFLl clubs.
Very much this. Ladder position inflated by beating up on decimated AFL reserves teams. Overall skill level and brand of football well off the pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a blue collar workhorse. The lack of kick penetration hurts but one of the best workrates i've seen. I back him too.
Yeah Ben runs like an AFL player. Needs to do better in one on one marking contests and kick goals instead of behinds. If he can improve those two aspects of his game he could really offer something in the ones.

Very much this. Ladder position inflated by beating up on decimated AFL reserves teams. Overall skill level and brand of football well off the pace.
It's interesting, after last year the extra inter-AFL side matches sounded like a godsend, but then all the community sides adopted the higher-pressure contested style we used last year, picked up some good recruits and doing that with mature players has helped them.

It's good to see the community sides coming strong though.

As for our season, while we have come back to the pack a bit our ladder prediction is mostly the result of a six-week form slump in the middle of the season, not so much the games against the NEAFL sides. Outside of that six week patch we only lost one game.

Free kick Spencer every ruck contest unbelievable, Archie given no chance, then when we push forward, there is no clear path, no run, then no pressure acts to keep what ball gets there in.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Every ruck contest he puts his hands in Spencers back. Not much, but as soon as an ump sees that.......

Disappointing effort. Skinner a standout, Wooller can play but too short for mine, Coleman for a rookie spot.

Every ruck contest he puts his hands in Spencers back. Not much, but as soon as an ump sees that.......

Disappointing effort. Skinner a standout, Wooller can play but too short for mine, Coleman for a rookie spot.

Correct he just hasn’t come on this year, kicking not up to scratch and not strong in the hands, I honestly saw something in Archie 18 months ago, but I struggle to see positives anymore there, when you give frees away you must learn straight away as that umpire won’t tolerate it, but he kept continuing to do it that’s a problem

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back