List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: 40 + 4 complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the 2018 List Management thread

This thread is primarily a tracker for list changes leading up to the 2018 season but also for discussion throughout the 2018 season for all things list management.

Who you think we should turf, list needs, which rookies get promoted, list analysis, player type/ages etc.

Senior List Changes

IN (7): Oskar Baker (ND48), Harley Balic (Trade In - Fremantle), Bayley Fritsch (ND31), Jake Lever (Trade In - Adelaide), Harrison Petty (ND37), Joel Smith (Rookie elevation), Charlie Spargo (ND29)

OUT (7): Colin Garland
(retired), Liam Hulett (delisted), Ben Kennedy (delisted), Heritier Lumumba (retired), Jake Spencer (delisted), Jack Trengove (delisted), Jack Watts (Trade Out - Port Adelaide)

Current 2018 senior spots vacant: 0/40

Cat A - Rookie List Changes

IN (1): Corey Maynard (Cat A elevation)

OUT (1): Mitch White (delisted)

Current 2018 Cat A rookie spots vacant: 0/4

Cat B - Rookie List Changes

IN (0):

OUT (2): Joel Smith
(Senior List elevation), Corey Maynard (Cat A elevation)

Total 2018 Cat B rookies: 0

Last edited:
4 senior spots is a lot for this draft, and given our picks.

I suspect we'll use our first 3 picks then consider what's left, with a view to taking an extra rookie spot, rather than all 4 picks.

4 senior spots is a lot for this draft, and given our picks.

I suspect we'll use our first 3 picks then consider what's left, with a view to taking an extra rookie spot, rather than all 4 picks.
What’s the betting we somehow take three, slow inside mids with ordinary disposal?

Hopefully we look at rucks and KPD's with our first couple of picks - apparently there are a couple of handy rucks in that 25-40 range this year.

Take three kids and upgrade Smith with our last.

Joel Smith is already being counted as upgraded so we have 4 free spots, unless you are talking about Tim Smith?

Hopefully we look at rucks and KPD's with our first couple of picks - apparently there are a couple of handy rucks in that 25-40 range this year.

We get 4 picks after Joel is upgraded, as said above.

Im hoping we go for leg speed myself.

If we bring in 3 or 4 fast kids, hopefully 1 or 2 of them make it as a wing or small forward.

Smith already upgraded, we have 4 slots to use.

You've stood corrected :)P) I reckon we kept 47 for a reason wrt Balic, we're defs gonna use it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might as well throw some names into the mix. O Brien would be my top pick around our call. And any of the following seem okay to me. Ling [probably go earlier]Stoddart,Petruccelle, Clavarino[another early?] Constable, Mature age T Kelly, A Sambono B Fritsch H Schlothe. J Sweet if you want another project Ruck.

Might as well throw some names into the mix. O Brien would be my top pick around our call. And any of the following seem okay to me. Ling [probably go earlier]Stoddart,Petruccelle, Clavarino[another early?] Constable, Mature age T Kelly, A Sambono B Fritsch H Schlothe. J Sweet if you want another project Ruck.

Does that mean we get SweetGawn?

I'll see myself out...

We definitely need a ruck but I’m not sure a kid is the way to go. King and Filipovic are already developing rucks on the list and with Spencer gone we need a genuine backup for Gawn. Pedersen was the accidental saviour last season out of desperation because we ran out of options. I don’t think you can rely on him to play like that everytime Gawn goes down.

We definitely need a ruck but I’m not sure a kid is the way to go. King and Filipovic are already developing rucks on the list and with Spencer gone we need a genuine backup for Gawn. Pedersen was the accidental saviour last season out of desperation because we ran out of options. I don’t think you can rely on him to play like that everytime Gawn goes down.
What about Tmac?

A true ruck backup option, not a makeshift. Shouldn’t be too hard to find a better option than Spencer.

A true ruck backup option, not a makeshift. Shouldn’t be too hard to find a better option than Spencer.

Back up ruck stocks seem a bit thin on the ground. Zac Clarke is around, but he's only worth considering if you don't think he's a terrible ruckman, a terrible forward and a terrible ruckman nee forward. Not that I've looked around that hard, but the closest thing to a ready made backup out there probably is the Spencil...

We should rookie Spencer if he is available, although I doubt we will.

The best ruck in the country who is available with our second rookie pick should be looked at, although I said that last year too.

Back up rucks are dead in AFL. It's a wasted list spot. We will use either Pedo or Tmac as ruck and set up to lose the tap.
Dogs an tigers had s**t rucks. We would have kept Spencer if we planned to use one.
We would be better off with only Gawn on our list. There is no point in having developing rucks clog up the list when you can pick up players like Maric, Nankervis, Jacobs or Stephan Martin so cheaply.

Back up rucks are dead in AFL. It's a wasted list spot. We will use either Pedo or Tmac as ruck and set up to lose the tap.
Dogs an tigers had s**t rucks. We would have kept Spencer if we planned to use one.

Gawn has played one full season out of 6 so far, his next highest number of games in a year after that is 13. Big Maxy getting injured sucks but it’s likely.

Plan B for the ruck got delisted so now Plan C takes it place. If Pedersen goes down too (like Spencer did this year), what happens next? How developed is King?

Also think it’s a bit rich to call premiership ruckmen s**t but to each their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back