List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve actually watched this guy play as a 16yo. Looked like a young Nat Fyfe and tore it apart. Would love him to slide to 11.

Also from an interview he had with us
Sometimes Stephenson is the one asking the questions. When Greater Western Sydney's recruiters visited, he wanted to know what they do with first-year players, where they live and how the club manages their transition. "I liked their set-up at Breakfast Point, where all the draftees live together. Once they left I had a chat with mum and dad and said how good that would be," he says.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-16/going-places-a-long-year-of-learning

Seems unlikely but there are some clubs who have been turned off by his heart condition, and we just need those clubs to be the ones with picks before us

At the moment he is looking like Pick 7, 8 or 9 if he went before ours.

I can’t see him going Top 6 as I think it’s looking like:

1 - Rayner
2 - Davies-Uniacke
3 - Dow
4 - Brayshaw
5 - Naughton
6 - Fogarty

I could see 7-10 being:

7 - Cerra
8 - Bonar
9 - Coffield
10 -Higgins

That opens up the opportunity to take him at 11.

It’s not probable but it is possible. If he is there I would punt him.

Would love to have Stephenson in the orange. Can’t see him getting much game time in his first year without injuries permitting.

Hopper, Taranto and Setterfield all should be getting regular games with the departures of Wilson, smith and MK. They have all moved to the top order of depth and are all in my best 22.

I can see griff or Deledio taking Wilson’s spot in the backline

At the moment he is looking like Pick 7, 8 or 9 if he went before ours.

I can’t see him going Top 6 as I think it’s looking like:

1 - Rayner
2 - Davies-Uniacke
3 - Dow
4 - Brayshaw
5 - Naughton
6 - Fogarty

I could see 7-10 being:

7 - Cerra
8 - Bonar
9 - Coffield
10 -Higgins

That opens up the opportunity to take him at 11.

It’s not probable but it is possible. If he is there I would punt him.
maybe punt "on" him :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Bonar he looks a bit like Sam Powell-Pepper. Looks a bit of a bull the way he cracks in.

The ACL being done twice at a young age is a concern though, although the 2nd was basically a redo of the first that didn’t take.

I see the age is keeping alive the Jaidyn Stephenson dream for us. They also have us linked to Callum Coleman-Jones, so is this the year our S.A embargo ends.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-by-club-guide--part-one-20171117-gznb1w.html
What would a draft be without the Giants? Well for the first time since entering the competition they don't have a top 10 pick, although they managed to work themselves up to No.11 by trading Devon Smith to Essendon. They'd have pick 15 as well, but lost it as part of the sanctions following the Lachie Whitfield affair. It's widely known the Giants have been in the hunt for a small forward, and they'd had an eye on Mitch Honeychurch before he recommitted to the Western Bulldogs. The obvious candidate is Jack Higgins, although there's talk they could keep their powder dry and strike a bit later by getting Geelong Falcons TAC Cup grand final hero Gryan Miers. The stocks of former Giants academy player Jarrod Brander have fallen a bit so he could easily be available here. There's also a school of thought that the revelation of Jaidyn Stephenson's heart condition could lead to him being available at pick 11. Meanwhile the premature retirement of Shane Mumford has left the Giants relatively thin when it comes to ruck stocks. There is talk they have their eyes on South Australian ruck/forward Callum Coleman-Jones. The Giants also inside midfielder Nick Shipley available as an academy selection. He's been rated as a third-round prospect and is expected to have his bid matched. Then there's Sam Reid, who the Giants have committed to redrafting as a rookie, adding another chapter to his extraordinary AFL career.

I see the age is keeping alive the Jaidyn Stephenson dream for us. They also have us linked to Callum Coleman-Jones, so is this the year our S.A embargo ends.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-by-club-guide--part-one-20171117-gznb1w.html
What would a draft be without the Giants? Well for the first time since entering the competition they don't have a top 10 pick, although they managed to work themselves up to No.11 by trading Devon Smith to Essendon. They'd have pick 15 as well, but lost it as part of the sanctions following the Lachie Whitfield affair. It's widely known the Giants have been in the hunt for a small forward, and they'd had an eye on Mitch Honeychurch before he recommitted to the Western Bulldogs. The obvious candidate is Jack Higgins, although there's talk they could keep their powder dry and strike a bit later by getting Geelong Falcons TAC Cup grand final hero Gryan Miers. The stocks of former Giants academy player Jarrod Brander have fallen a bit so he could easily be available here. There's also a school of thought that the revelation of Jaidyn Stephenson's heart condition could lead to him being available at pick 11. Meanwhile the premature retirement of Shane Mumford has left the Giants relatively thin when it comes to ruck stocks. There is talk they have their eyes on South Australian ruck/forward Callum Coleman-Jones. The Giants also inside midfielder Nick Shipley available as an academy selection. He's been rated as a third-round prospect and is expected to have his bid matched. Then there's Sam Reid, who the Giants have committed to redrafting as a rookie, adding another chapter to his extraordinary AFL career.

I will offer a different opinion on the thin ruck stocks
Lobb + Simpson full time AFL rucks
Keefe + Flynn NEAFL rucks and break in case of emergency
Patton, Tomlinson + HH part time AFL relief rucks
Richards (if drafted) part time NEAFL relief ruck and even if he is not drafted this year he could still play as a top up if both parties see a benefit

Richards (if drafted) part time NEAFL relief ruck and even if he is not drafted this year he could still play as a top up if both parties see a benefit
Hard to argue ruck is a key draft positional target for us for sure, nothing wrong with having another developing ruck, but hard to imagine we go early drafting one

Do you mean play Lobb and Simpson together in the ones?

My thoughts a week out from the draft
Pick 11
Could be any of the below
Higgins seems to be the favourite
I still see a combination of small forward and half back as what is needed so depending on who is a
Do you mean play Lobb and Simpson together in the ones?

No I think neither are capable of playing the full season as first ruck and also their is the option to play them together but I don't think that will happen very often

Pick 11
I still see a combination of small forward and half back as what is needed so depending on who is a
I don't see why either cant, but it's a hard grind of constant collisions for a ruck. If we play one the other will have to ruck at NEAFL level. So I'm just a bit confused about nominating another 2 guys NEAFL rucks.
I dont mind the idea of playing both. Team balance would be complicated though and both would have to be useful in another role. No spot likely for Himmelburg either and I think we will want his defensive pressure.

Pick 11

Have to say everything I have read in the last week or so seems to suggest rather then going Higgins at 11 where more likely to look for a small forward in the 2nd rd or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back