Analysis 2018 List Management discussion Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so looking forward to our developing backline with Willo & Doc back.

Our young talented forward line with McGovern and a small forward added.

Then to add even Setterfield Dunstan Walsh Brodie to our young talented midfield is exciting and we could add more

Bring on 2019
Good in theory-Willo fit after several months with injury ?
we are getting these top ten picks for a reason........not all of them them will be elites
We obviously have to manufacture our own elites......and paying top money to get a few to play for this club as well my be required....
you can throw 100 top ten draft discards in a melting pot and still not get away from 18 th spot on the Ladder.....Basically we have to try and get a lot better in the face of the competition which is significant,we have to start winning games so the club can function ...

Obviously this has not been easy today...we got or changed our panel and are really trying to recruit,however this is new for Carlton and we may not succeed very much at all...........what i see is our depth potentially is improving ASSUMIMG our groth path remains optimistic..

AT the end of the day we are going to need several quick fixes anyway.....undoubtedly

Boom! Hopefully we are still getting a PP though.

A few reports out there now that there is no priority pick. Surprising. It really felt like the AFL had laid the PR groundwork for granting one.

Indeed, how are they going to classify this? Does the player have to be 19 or over?
If that's the only qualifier, there's the opportunity to pilfer a top-age kid from the U18s, but I'm not well versed in the options in the current draft class.

Not sure how the hell we'll get McGovern now without a PP to ontrade. Thanks AFL. Same bottom 2 next year it looks like!
I doubt we were ever entertaining McGovern for a PP without some serious currency coming with him. He's just not that good.

So instead of a PP, in reality we will get an extra pick in the 60's with which we will pass.
There's still free agency, the trade period and delisted free agency to come. If it survives those, there's absolutely no reason not to use pick 65 unless we've not got the list space.

Frankly, I'm concerned about anyone who rubbishes the first 80 picks in the draft, because there's enough talent in the country to sustain those numbers.

Some highlights of Mitch Grigg from the SANFL Gf

Would the perfect kick in player, if the large goal square comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate, he really was too slow. We looked at him when Adelaide cut him, and before that.

Going off your video, all he seems to be is slightly less burdened thanks to a part-time schedule. He's an edge case, not a priority.

Fantastic kick of the footy, plays hard and likes to run, but holy hell his pace is a concern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the point of this PP, the AFL made us look like fools. We went hard early in the year saying we didn’t want one, the AFL clearly gave us an indication it was worth our time applying so we swallowed our pride and applied... and now they do this to us and just embarrass the whole club.

As for access to state league players FFS if they think this will have any impact they are more clueless than I thought.

What is the point of this PP, the AFL made us look like fools. We went hard early in the year saying we didn’t want one, the AFL clearly gave us an indication it was worth our time applying so we swallowed our pride and applied... and now they do this to us and just embarrass the whole club.

As for access to state league players FFS if they think this will have any impact they are more clueless than I thought.

Very poor by the AFL.

We get laughed at enough as it is.

Okay so who we getting from state leagues?

Unlikely to find any impact midfielders. Dynamic forwards can sometimes be found hanging around. McAdam perhaps.

McAdams seems exactly the type we need...a small/medium forward with good speed and big leap.
Would assume he's a lock if the rumour of Wright 'retiring' is true.

Would we bother looking at Grigg? Corbett? Schloithe? There's probably many state league players on our radar that we haven't even heard of.

Am I alone here thinking the PP decision is a ******* disgrace? There seems to be one set rules for some and and another for Carlton. The AFL decimated Carlton with its penalties over the salary cap- the likes of which have never been repeated for similar breeches-now this. How bad do we have to get? Gil is a entitled knob -the AFL is a joke of an organisation who have ruined one of the most powerful clubs in the competition, taken away a generation of supporters and put its future at risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did we even apply for a PP? I remember Trigg announced we applied for one last time and the AFL publicity acknowledged that we did. Not a peep out of the club or AFL this time.

Some highlights of Mitch Grigg from the SANFL Gf

Would the perfect kick in player, if the large goal square comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has all the tools. No doubt. If he wants it and is driven for a second chance I would definitely get him. An AFL pre season would improve him greatly

Am I alone here thinking the PP decision is a f@#*ing disgrace? There seems to be one set rules for some and and another for Carlton. The AFL decimated Carlton with its penalties over the salary cap- the likes of which have never been repeated for similar breeches-now this. How bad do we have to get? Gil is a entitled knob -the AFL is a joke of an organisation who have ruined one of the most powerful clubs in the competition, taken away a generation of supporters and put its future at risk.

And what did we expect? If we really started to believe that the AFL would throw us a bone, more fool us. Liddle had it sussed from the beginning: don't beg for something you know you're probably not going to get.
We just go with Liddle's original assessment (we don't need one) and move on. F*** the AFL.

The amusing part is that in denying us they were forced to also deny GC. Had we managed to scrape in for for a win against GC and not finished last (but otherwise have been no less crap), would they have given the Coasters a PP? You bet your @rse they would have! :rolleyes:

We never at any stage during the season said we would not apply for a priority pick.

There were misleading reports coming out of the media saying that we did. We didn't.

This is why I am sceptical from this report. Could this be more made up twisted words to sensationalise a story for the point of selling news or is this legit?

We've seen how one person in the media completely fabricates something just to break a big story and the rest of the people in the media just copy it and run with it without any verification of truth and accuracy.

This story seems fairly definite but then again the breaking story about us not going to apply for a PP was too despite the fact it was total and utter garbage, we never made such claims.

I'll believe it when the source is reliable and as I've seen the media can not be trusted. But surely the could not get away with making this up...

Am I alone here thinking the PP decision is a f@#*ing disgrace? There seems to be one set rules for some and and another for Carlton. The AFL decimated Carlton with its penalties over the salary cap- the likes of which have never been repeated for similar breeches-now this. How bad do we have to get? Gil is a entitled knob -the AFL is a joke of an organisation who have ruined one of the most powerful clubs in the competition, taken away a generation of supporters and put its future at risk.

I have no problem with no PP, however we clearly got wind mid year enough to change our stance and go back to the AFL with our cap in hand begging and then for them to knock us back is an absolute disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back