Analysis 2018 List Management discussion Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...w/news-story/fad0d36d528b3d15fe957cf63dbbf689

Carlton coach Brenton Bolton said the club would be prepared to trade away a pick from this year’s draft to bring in talent from rival clubs.

“The plan was to go to three drafts, which we’ve done and gets the foundation of youngsters. We’re pretty happy with their progress and who we’ve got,” Bolton told reporters on Saturday.

--------------------------------------------------

I would like us to make a serious play for 3 guys this year.

Will Brodie: 19yo, 189cm, 82kg, Inside Midfielder
Jack Scrimshaw: 19yo, 193cm, 84kg, Defender
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen: 25yo, 190cm, 97kg, Inside/Outside Midfielder

Others of interest:
Darcy Moore: 22yo, 203cm, 102kg, Key Forward/Defender
Archie Smith: 22yo, 202cm, 105kg, Ruck

Last edited by a moderator:
Carlton coach Brenton Bolton said the club would be prepared to trade away a pick from this year’s draft to bring in talent from rival clubs.

“The plan was to go to three drafts, which we’ve done and gets the foundation of youngsters. We’re pretty happy with their progress and who we’ve got,” Bolton told reporters on Saturday.

“The next stage, which was always going to be open-minded to trading and free agency if it’s there and available — and more importantly if it fits what we need.

“So the answer is yes, we are open-minded.”

Others of interest:
Darcy Moore looked really good on the weekend. What is his contract status ?

Fellow big footy posters and Carlton fans, i really need to vent my frustration at the increasing number of posters using the tagline, In SOS I/we trust.

As an Arsenal fan, i have read and heard the line for many years and it ended up representing a stubborn but brilliant man who failed to move with the times and a man who ultimately ran the whole football club like a dictator. For years this line represented blind faith by the supporters who couldn't see past their love for the manager despite all his wrongdoings and the club slipping from a big club with aspirations to a mid table club with no ambition.

Understand where the saying has come from, we don't want to follow in the same footsteps.

Fellow big footy posters and Carlton fans, i really need to vent my frustration at the increasing number of posters using the tagline, In SOS I/we trust.

As an Arsenal fan, i have read and heard the line for many years and it ended up representing a stubborn but brilliant man who failed to move with the times and a man who ultimately ran the whole football club like a dictator. For years this line represented blind faith by the supporters who couldn't see past their love for the manager despite all his wrongdoings and the club slipping from a big club with aspirations to a mid table club with no ambition.

Understand where the saying has come from, we don't want to follow in the same footsteps.
just don't use it then - no harm in posters showing their support for a legend they trust

#livestrong

“The next stage, which was always going to be open-minded to trading and free agency if it’s there and available — and more importantly if it fits what we need.

“So the answer is yes, we are open-minded.”

Others of interest:
I thought Moore was all but gone to the Swans? I doubt he’d play for us anyway, what with the Collingwood history.

just don't use it then - no harm in posters showing their support for a legend they trust

#livestrong

I don't use it, people can and will do what they want, hopefully posters will see where it has come from and how it ended and decide themselves that following someone blindly because they once were brilliant and had success is a recipe for disaster.

#EmeryOut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a stubborn but brilliant man who failed to move with the times and a man who ultimately ran the whole football club like a dictator. For years this line represented blind faith by the supporters who couldn't see past their love for the manager despite all his wrongdoings and the club slipping from a big club with aspirations to a mid table club with no ambition.

#InPig'sArseINeverTrusted

I'm sensing interest in Wallis, but realistically, will he add value? His limitations are his speed and his kicking. The same issues we have with Kerridge and Graham. His main attribute is as an inside player - the same features that graham and Kerridge bring to the table. I'm just worried he becomes another one of those players whose limitations far outweigh his beneficial value.

I'm sensing interest in Wallis, but realistically, will he add value? His limitations are his speed and his kicking. The same issues we have with Kerridge and Graham. His main attribute is as an inside player - the same features that graham and Kerridge bring to the table. I'm just worried he becomes another one of those players whose limitations far outweigh his beneficial value.

Do you think he’s better than those two and by how much?
He’s a lot better player and would be a really good addition, he also kicks a few goals.

You realise it hasn't come from Arsenal yeah? It happens to be the motto of one of the biggest countries in the world...

You realise it hasn't come from Arsenal yeah? It happens to be the motto of one of the biggest countries in the world...

I’m aware of that, lots of people mention the messiah complex here yet use the term in reference to our list manager, for me it’s still a line that represents blind faith in the face of evidence/results.

I love SOS, I hate the saying.

So the reason Carlton are 1-15 is the list is unbalanced with a lack of senior players

Isn’t it the list managers job to get that balance right ??

Right now Tuohy Gibbs Henderson and co would be very handy.
A lot better than kerridge lobbe and Rowe.

Didnt you guys try this by trading Betts Jacobs Waite Gartlett And Robinson ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back