Analysis 2018 List Management discussion Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope GWS flogs * by 200 points.

Never ever ever ever ever hope for a * win.

Your Carlton support-hood is now revoked. The Bluebagger police will catch up with you.
Nah, GWS could have stayed firm on 2 firsts. But they gave a 2nd back. If they insisted on it, Dodoro would have baulked and walked away.

In swoops SOS and Shiel is a Carlton player.

Let there be consequences for their idiocy. It has to be direct otherwise the morons won't learn.

Don't deal good players to teams that are in finals race. Simples.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, GWS could have stayed firm on 2 firsts. But they gave a 2nd back. If they insisted on it, Dodoro would have baulked and walked away.

In swoops SOS and Shiel is a Carlton player.

Let there be consequences for their idiocy. It has to be direct otherwise the morons won't learn.

Don't deal good players to teams that are in finals race. Simples.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
If someone built a reputation such as Dodoro, when a contracted player wanted to leave its particular club it’s a give and take situation it wouldn’t be that hard to say anyone BUT club XYZ.
*probably some rules surrounding this but nothing that a wink and a nudge couldn’t fix
May come to that I think the clubs are playing too nice

Last edited:
JAKE Neade on a one year, optional second year deal? Yes/No? Should help fill a slot of small forwards for the short term or just until Polson, Pickett, Lebois and Garlett develop

Positioning strategy (my own):

Simpson, Jones, Marchbank
Docherty, Weitering, Garlett
Fisher, Cripps, Pickett
Polson, C Curnow, McGovern
TDK, Fasolo, McKay

Kreuzer, E Curnow, Dow

Basically this is what I am thinking:
The inclusion of Jones would be frowned upon, but he is our best 1on1 defender now that Rowe has gone. He is there to guard the forward who deals the most damage. The rest of the backline is positioned as such. Simpson will be relied on as a small defender, while Docherty and Marchbank will intercept on either side.
Weitering will guard the CHF.
This strategy revolves mostly around that wing and quick ball movement. If Simpson can get the ball out of defense and bring all the play to the right wing, Garlett should be able to run on the left side whenever he receives the switch.

The ball is sent to Pickett who utilisés the rest of the run until he must pass to a forward. HE has two options. Switch the play and blown Polson to run, do a short passbook to a reliable big man who then passes it on further, or takes a shot.
When sending it to the full forward line, McKay and TDK are positioned in either forward pocket, so that a pass would send Fasolo to back them up, and Polson to continue to run forward and help. Pickett should also push forward. MCKay and TDK are our teams best marks, so they should be able to hold one in and take the shot.

That’s option one... tbc

Fisher, Cripps, Pickett
TDK, Fasolo, McKay

Kreuzer, E Curnow, Dow

The inclusion of Jones would be frowned upon, but he is our best 1on1 defender now that Rowe has gone. He is there to guard the forward who deals the most damage. The rest of the backline is positioned as such. Simpson will be relied on as a small defender, while Docherty and Marchbank will intercept on either side.
This strategy revolves mostly around that wing and quick ball movement. If Simpson can get the ball out of defense and bring all the play to the right wing, Garlett should be able to run on the left side whenever he receives the switch.

The ball is sent to Pickett who utilisés the rest of the run until he must pass to a forward. HE has two options. Switch the play and blown Polson to run, do a short passbook to a reliable big man who then passes it on further, or takes a shot.
When sending it to the full forward line, McKay and TDK are positioned in either forward pocket, so that a pass would send Fasolo to back them up, and Polson to continue to run forward and help. Pickett should also push forward. MCKay and TDK are our teams best marks, so they should be able to hold one in and take the shot.

That’s option one... tbc
See so many with Weitering at CBH, he’s not ready

Fisher, Cripps, Pickett
TDK, Fasolo, McKay

Kreuzer, E Curnow, Dow

That’s option one... tbc
What if they miss?

Plowman, Jones, Weitering
Docherty, Marchbank, Simpson
Murphy, Dow, Fisher
Pickett, Curnow, Petrevski-Seton
McGovern, McKay, Fasolo
Kreuzer, Cripps, Setterfield
Curnow, Williamson, Walsh, O'Brien

This is the side I'd go in with most often. Cripps, Sett, Fish, SPS, Dow, LOB and Walsh is a very well balanced young midfield.

Below them the depth gets tested, the 2s squad looks pretty thin and we'll be relying on a few to step to ensure we don't plummet after injuries.

Schumacher, JSilvagni(?), Macreadie
Thomas, BSilvagni(?), Newman
Garlett, Cuningham, ??????
Polson, Casboult, Owies
DeKoning, Kerr, LeBois
Lobbe, Kennedy, Lang
Phillips, ????, ????, ????

Thomas, Newman and Lobbe you can see playing regularly and at a decent level while we really need Kennedy, Lang, CUNINGHAM to repay our faith and stay fit/play well in the twos and push into seniors.

If Macreadie, Garlett and Polson go to another level it would be very welcome. You'll note I've also got the Silvagnis in the key back posts, I think that's their go, and we'll see it tested more often in the pre-season.

All in all, our best 22 is young and shakey, while the depth is largely very unproven and injury prone. I really wish we got Shiel, he would've lifted us to another level and though Setterfield is a great talent he'll likely have a Kennedy type year.

Not feeling confident in 2019, but fingers crossed another year does them good and we don't break them losing every week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plowman, Jones, Weitering
Docherty, Marchbank, Simpson
Murphy, Dow, Fisher
Pickett, Curnow, Petrevski-Seton
McGovern, McKay, Fasolo
Kreuzer, Cripps, Setterfield
Curnow, Williamson, Walsh, O'Brien

This is the side I'd go in with most often. Cripps, Sett, Fish, SPS, Dow, LOB and Walsh is a very well balanced young midfield.

Below them the depth gets tested, the 2s squad looks pretty thin and we'll be relying on a few to step to ensure we don't plummet after injuries.

Schumacher, JSilvagni(?), Macreadie
Thomas, BSilvagni(?), Newman
Garlett, Cuningham, ??????
Polson, Casboult, Owies
DeKoning, Kerr, LeBois
Lobbe, Kennedy, Lang
Phillips, ????, ????, ????

Thomas, Newman and Lobbe you can see playing regularly and at a decent level while we really need Kennedy, Lang, CUNINGHAM to repay our faith and stay fit/play well in the twos and push into seniors.

If Macreadie, Garlett and Polson go to another level it would be very welcome. You'll note I've also got the Silvagnis in the key back posts, I think that's their go, and we'll see it tested more often in the pre-season.

All in all, our best 22 is young and shakey, while the depth is largely very unproven and injury prone. I really wish we got Shiel, he would've lifted us to another level and though Setterfield is a great talent he'll likely have a Kennedy type year.

Not feeling confident in 2019, but fingers crossed another year does them good and we don't break them losing every week

One would hope that a fit Kennedy can make a go of it. We need two bulls I think. Otherwise Cripps will get tagged all the time

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Someone like O'Brien might miss strangely enough if everyone is fit. A 3rd year body in Setterfield might be preferred in the last couple of best 22 spots around midfield.

I too think Kennedy will be a lock to start the season so long as no injury niggles.

Personally think it is game on for a lot of spots.

I think we are still short of outside running power so LOB will play all year. His last 2 months were very good.... other than that GWs nightmare game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fisher, Cripps, Pickett
TDK, Fasolo, McKay

Kreuzer, E Curnow, Dow

That’s option one... tbc
Murphy, SPS, O’Brien, Williamson, Kennedy, setterfield, Plowman , Newman??

Fisher, Cripps, Pickett
TDK, Fasolo, McKay

Kreuzer, E Curnow, Dow

That’s option one... tbc
TDK Charlie McKay McGovern Fasolo...could there BE any less forward pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back