Mega Thread 2018 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd expect they would take pick #1 to 6 for Kelly and pick #13 to 18, that would be how we got a package of later picks too.

Unfortunately Geelong don't have a 2nd or 4th rounder of their own next draft, but they do have Richmond's third (#54ish) and Carlton and Gold Coast's 4th round picks (55-60ish).

So best case for Fremantle that trade looks like:

#6 for Kelly, #13, #54, #56, #59

Then we draft Ian Hill with #13 and get to argue for another decade over the talls we overlooked giving up that top ten pick.
I would do that trade.

If Cerra wasn't injured in his draft year and the previous year he would of gone Pick 1.
If he was in this years draft he would go Top 3 no question.

I think we; 1. Should aim the return for him much higher but more importantly; 2. Stop worrying about his go-home factor and putting emphasis on it.

Sick of repeating that we have a bunch of players who will be trying get extensions whose contract end this and next year, he isn't an isolated danger or special exception in our list management.

Anyways unless we want to help twist and turn Eagles arms for Geelong, we shouldn't really be putting a target on his back at all.

WCE will get a single band 1 pick for McGovern and Gaff leaving. If their form holds that would be a pick in mid teens. They will have to match 1 players price to force a trade. so Kelly for Gaff may not be that far off.....

Given they drafted a player who was ready to go I expect they would want that hole filled with another similarly ready to go player.

Similar level mature player replacement (for e.g. Eagles can offer Gaff) or some pick package involving a top 12 pick to us. 15-25 picks are useless to us as we have several F/S players that might get bid in that range.

If Cerra wasn't injured in his draft year and the previous year he would of gone Pick 1.
If he was in this years draft he would go Top 3 no question.
Pretty sure Crows may say the same about their guy and Collingwood about their man. And I think Brisbane are also comfortable with who they got. And I really can't see that he would be pick 3 in the coming draft, but would love to see your top 10 draft combined for his draft and the upcoming one.

Kelly for a first round pick, really:rolleyes:
However a first round pick + Kelly for a first round pick is a totally different trade.

The actual points calculation between pick 7 and 13 is 400 ponts, which equates to pick 42. That is what Kelly gets valued at in that trade.

Last edited:
However a first round pick + Kelly for a first round pick is a totally different trade.

The actual points calculation between pick 7 and 13 is 400 ponts, which equates to pick 42. That is what Kelly gets valued at in that trade.
Would you accept pick #13 and #42 for your pick #7? Pick #3 got us #7, #34, #72 and McCarthy for only four spots down in the draft and still in the top ten.

I'd expect they would take pick #1 to 6 for Kelly and pick #13 to 18, that would be how we got a package of later picks too.

Unfortunately Geelong don't have a 2nd or 4th rounder of their own next draft, but they do have Richmond's third (#54ish) and Carlton and Gold Coast's 4th round picks (55-60ish).

So best case for Fremantle that trade looks like:

#6 for Kelly, #13, #54, #56, #59

Then we draft Ian Hill with #13 and get to argue for another decade over the talls we overlooked giving up that top ten pick.

Way to over complicate it. Not sure why Geelong would want to give up more than they had to. For starters, we'd be lucky if they would want to do a simple swap of first rounders PLUS Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you accept pick #13 and #42 for your pick #7? Pick #3 got us #7, #34, #72 and McCarthy for only four spots down in the draft and still in the top ten.
Strange response.

I would happily give pick 42 for Kelly. That would be a bargain. And pick 13 I think can get us another very good player, though not a KPF (O"Reilly likely available and I think Hill a possibility).

GWS did that trade to get in front of Academy bids, totally distorting the value of the trade.

Kelly - 22 disposals, 7 score involvements, 4 clearances, 4 tackles, 1 goal per game
Cerra - 11.5 disposals, 4 score involvements, 2 clearances, 3 tackles, 0.7 goals per game
Brayshaw - 13 disposals, 2.6 score involvements, 0.9 clearances, 4.3 tackles, 0.3 goals per game

But Kelly isn’t worth a first rounder and Cerra is
Ok

Kelly - 22 disposals, 7 score involvements, 4 clearances, 4 tackles, 1 goal per game
Cerra - 11.5 disposals, 4 score involvements, 2 clearances, 3 tackles, 0.7 goals per game
Brayshaw - 13 disposals, 2.6 score involvements, 0.9 clearances, 4.3 tackles, 0.3 goals per game

Ok
Lets see how cerra and brayshaw perform when they are 23......comparison is not a fair fight in 2018.

Lets see how cerra and brayshaw perform when they are 23......comparison is not a fair fight in 2018.

I don't get these type of comparisons.

Kelly was an astute pick up for a team like Geelong that sees themselves in contention. Kelly would only have a smidge more upside in him.

Cerra and Brayshaw will both have had close to 100 AFL games by the time they turn Kelly's age. The upside massive.

Kelly doing wonders, but let's not act like we missed one here.

Ok

Absolutely clueless!
Step away from the keyboard because you have no idea!

I don't get these type of comparisons.

Kelly was an astute pick up for a team like Geelong that sees themselves in contention. Kelly would only have a smidge more upside in him.

Cerra and Brayshaw will both have had close to 100 AFL games by the time they turn Kelly's age. The upside massive.

Kelly doing wonders, but let's not act like we missed one here.
Was about to ask what you dont get but I think you replied to the wrong message. But yeah I agree, there is no chance Cerra doesnt become a better player than Kelly by 23, Andy will be at least as good I would think.

They are both really young and the potential development over another 4 pre-seasons is ridiculous compared to Kelly

Was about to ask what you dont get but I think you replied to the wrong message. But yeah I agree, there is no chance Cerra doesnt become a better player than Kelly by 23, Andy will be at least as good I would think.

They are both really young and the potential development over another 4 pre-seasons is ridiculous compared to Kelly

I was agreeing with you but also referring to the Kelly versus our youngsters comment.

Even if the draft was done again tomorrow I don’t think Kelly would go top 10.

On paper, but stuff the picks, he's a keeper if he'll be kept.
Of course you always keep good players who are committed for the long term. How many Hawthorn fans are disappointed that the club traded Croad?

Not long ago Clarke and Suban were untouchable as trades. Weller a certain star. Some cried when Warnock was traded to Carlton.

Trading happens, and Cerra looks terrific. He will be given the opportunity to stay for sure.

Two top ten picks ... Based on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back