Mega Thread 2018 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So based on potential? Have you had a look at Trloar's "same age" comparison? They are not even close. IF Cerra was traded for Kelly at the end of THIS season that trade value won't resemble what Treloar was traded for. But even then he had 4 seasons under his belt and GWS gave back pick 28.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...d2=5&type=A&pid1=6476&pid2=3791&fid1=O&fid2=O
If we are trading him at the end of next season when he has had a preseason then I believe he will be performing at a level and age that will warrant two top ten picks.

If we are trading him at the end of next season when he has had a preseason then I believe he will be performing at a level and age that will warrant two top ten picks.
Warrant yes. Receive no.

If he plays the Balic homesick card we'll get a couple of packets of Samboys and a large can of Coke.:(

Do you think we would have got pick 2 for Weller at the end of his contract? We could be looking at a pick in the 20's.

The discussion is centred around IF Kelly wants to come home at the end of this season anyway (and IF Caerra also wants to go home).

McGovern plus three new draftees or Hall, Jetta, Conca and Fasolo .

Assuming Jett,Fasoloa and Hall are worth under 500k, Conca 200k who you prefer.

I think both would take up around 1.6 million of cap space.

This is the danger of overpaying for 1 player, in my opinion option 2 would give us 4 best 22 players and instantly improve our depth.

Yes I am aware that all the players will not want to come here.

McGovern plus three new draftees or Hall, Jetta, Conca and Fasolo .

Assuming Jett,Fasoloa and Hall are worth under 500k, Conca 200k who you prefer.

I think both would take up around 1.6 million of cap space.

This is the danger of overpaying for 1 player, in my opinion option 2 would give us 4 best 22 players and instantly improve our depth.

Yes I am aware that all the players will not want to come here.
You'd never get those players to move for those prices so it is irrelevant. You might get 2, or at a stretch 3 for the price of Gov.

I'd probably take Hall, Jetta and Fasolo over Gov though if possible though.

If Cerra decides to go home hopefully the deal involves Jesse Hogan.
Hopefully it is Brayshaw & not Cerra who wants to go back toMelbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why isn't he playing at the moment?

View attachment 496840
Yeah, when announced on draft night I was originally sad. To my very limited draft knowledge LDU looked amazing. Came around after AB's first interview. That smile was/is infectious and he already brings a defensive edge we need in our midfield and he has gotten better each and every game.

I think if people go back and watch the 2nd qtr from the weekend you can see what he will be like at 24/25. Will be a monster around the stoppages

Also - Still only 18 1/2. Thats ridiculous

Unless they choose to go back to QLD you mean right?
It was a perfect storm.

Suns desperate to be competitive and not wanting to draft another kid who might leave. Freo playing hardball.

Weller had already played 4 seasons and within contract.

Cerra out of contract and playing only 2 years, we will lucky to get a mid range first round pick.

I think trading is significantly more complicated these days.

I was watching a thread re Geelong (and Kelly) who have a couple of F/S players coming through who are going to chew up their draft picks from about pick 15 on. Quite possibly it may impact their first draft pick. Trades for picks after that for Kelly are useless for them in that context, and they want to get into the top 10 (who doesn't).

I am sure there are other clubs who could have a similar calculation, and to some extent we do as well with trades which net us a second round pick likely to end up being forfeited as payment for him. It is the kind of scenario that ended up with the weird McCarthy trade which doesn't makes sense in terms of value unless the club has some bid-matching to consider.

I think trading is significantly more complicated these days.

I was watching a thread re Geelong (and Kelly) who have a couple of F/S players coming through who are going to chew up their draft picks from about pick 15 on. Quite possibly it may impact their first draft pick. Trades for picks after that for Kelly are useless for them in that context, and they want to get into the top 10 (who doesn't).

I am sure there are other clubs who could have a similar calculation, and to some extent we do as well with trades which net us a second round pick likely to end up being forfeited as payment for him. It is the kind of scenario that ended up with the weird McCarthy trade which doesn't makes sense in terms of value unless the club has some bid-matching to consider.

Assuming we believe we can secure either the player we want with the later selection or are happy to take any of the players available in that range then a downgrade of our pick is on the cars with a club like North Melbourne who would see great value in having a pick prior to the bid on Thomas, getting their 2nd round pick and one of their extra thirds with it could be just what we need - but then we could see our new second round pick evaporate for Carter and it became a first round downgrade that resulted in us protecting next year's draft.

Listening to Lyon's post match conference gives an inkling of the sort of insight and foresight is being applied to constructing this list to give us the best chance of competing at the top level again with an entirely different style of player and game.
Have to line up so many bloody ducks.

Listening to Lyon's post match conference gives an inkling of the sort of insight and foresight is being applied to constructing this list to give us the best chance of competing at the top level again with an entirely different style of player and game.
Have to line up so many bloody ducks.

Shuey, Darling and Selwood will do it.

No 2nd and 3rd round pick this year for a rebuilding/developing club. Is this a worry?

I would hope the list manager has a plan to address this.

NGA Academy players are free for us if they are bid on after pick #55 (not bid on before the end of the third round [+1 more pick] = ours for free, pick #150 can get them), then if they aren't bid on at all before the end of the draft we get them for free onto our rookie list.

Our draft this year could be:
First round pick, Carter, upgraded rookie. +Medhat rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back