Mega Thread 2018 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a free agent, but what about Bruce - he isn't playing for Saints at the moment? Would definitely give us some options up forward, and potentially down back as well ...

Not a free agent, but what about Bruce - he isn't playing for Saints at the moment? Would definitely give us some options up forward, and potentially down back as well ...
Thought he was injured?

Tough one. He as produced more than any of our blokes but at the same time, I am not sure he is a great deal better. No from me unless he is cheap.

Bruce would be another Mayne = team deflating missed kicks at goal.

What are the chances of getting Angus Brayshaw? Surely the lure home to play with his brother would be hard to ignore

Cerra is 18, Kelly is 23

Cerra has a lot more scope for improvement.

Cerra would be worth more in a trade, whether is Kelly and first is debatable though

I don't agree.

Cerra might be worth more in a trade at some point in the future when he's got more on his resume than just potential. Tim Kelly is actually tearing it up at the moment and is only 23.

Kelly is, by a large margin, the best first year player in the competition.

He's worth more than Cerra any day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't agree.

Cerra might be worth more in a trade at some point in the future when he's got more on his resume than just potential. Tim Kelly is actually tearing it up at the moment and is only 23.

Kelly is, by a large margin, the best first year player in the competition.

He's worth more than Cerra any day of the week.
Just 6 months ago Cerra was taken 20 spots ahead of Kelly due to his upside, I think its naive to believe things have changed that much within that short amount of time.

Kelly is giving what he was expected too after that WAFL season, Cerra still has a whole lot of upside and improvement over the next 5 years, which in turn gives a higher value.

Just 6 months ago Cerra was taken 20 spots ahead of Kelly due to his upside, I think its naive to believe things have changed that much within that short amount of time.

Draft position means nothing after you've gotten a game. 46 blokes were taken ahead of Ben Brown but he'd be #1 if you redid the draft today.

Really though?

If anything it would be the other way around.
Well we wouldn't do that deal and would have better options for Cerra than the deal you are proposing. But for Geelong, it is not a bad deal.for 2 reasons (in addition to picking up Cerra)

Last edited:
Well we wouldn't do that deal and would have better options for Cerra than the deal you are proposing. But for Geelong, it is not a bad deal.for 2 reasons (in addition to picking up Cerra)

Of course, any deal where you can trade a player, and get back a player PLUS a first round draft pick is a good trade for you. Which is why I scoffed at the proposed deal in the first place.

Of course, any deal where you can trade a player, and get back a player PLUS a first round draft pick is a good trade for you. Which is why I scoffed at the proposed deal in the first place.
The point is Geelong could be highly motivated and up for some kind of deal.

Draft position means nothing after you've gotten a game. 46 blokes were taken ahead of Ben Brown but he'd be #1 if you redid the draft today.
10 games in it actually does have quite a big meaning tbh

5 years time? sure make the calls then but Ben Brown was not the number 1 pick 10 games into his first season

I understand over time yes draft position will mean less and less but we are nowhere near that point

WA free agents:
- Jeremy McGovern (27 in 2019)
- Alex Fasolo (27 in 2019)
- Neville Jetta (29 in 2019)
- Reece Conca (27 in 2019)

WA AFL player OOC:
- Shai Bolton (Richmond)
- Dean Kent (Melbourne)
- Nathan Broad (Richmond)
- Jarrod Pickett (Carlton)
- Declan Mountford (North)
- Aliir Aliir (Sydney)