Mega Thread 2018 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we keep Cerra.
If Cerra wants out, it would be better to trade him out now when he is in contract.

Trading out a second year uncontracted player will net us a late first round pick.

Roos may trade out their first round pick this year ie pick 8-10 for Cerra. North will lose that pick due to bidding for Thomas.

WA free agents:
- Jeremy McGovern (27 in 2019)
- Alex Fasolo (27 in 2019)
- Neville Jetta (29 in 2019)
- Reece Conca (27 in 2019)

WA AFL player OOC:
- Shai Bolton (Richmond)
- Dean Kent (Melbourne)
- Nathan Broad (Richmond)
- Jarrod Pickett (Carlton)
- Declan Mountford (North)
- Aliir Aliir (Sydney)

Freo Siblings OOC:
- Angus Brayshaw (Melbourne)
- Tom Langdon (Collingwood)
Would take (at the right price)
Gov
Fas
Jetta
Bolton
Mountford
Aliir
Gus

WA free agents:
- Jeremy McGovern (27 in 2019)
- Alex Fasolo (27 in 2019)
- Neville Jetta (29 in 2019)
- Reece Conca (27 in 2019)

WA AFL player OOC:
- Shai Bolton (Richmond)
- Dean Kent (Melbourne)
- Nathan Broad (Richmond)
- Jarrod Pickett (Carlton)
- Declan Mountford (North)
- Aliir Aliir (Sydney)

Freo Siblings OOC:
- Angus Brayshaw (Melbourne)
- Tom Langdon (Collingwood)

McGovern, Jetta, Conca, Fasolo if he passed a medical would all be best 22 .

Mountford , Bolton and Pickett would be handy. We do not have any small forward deprh, so I would give Pickett a 1 year deal .

Last edited:

McGovern, Jetta, Conca, Fasolo if he passed a medical would all be best 22 .

Mountford , Bolton and Pickett would be handy. We do not have any small forward deprh, so I would give Pickett a 1 year deal .
Pickett is not getting a game for Carlton atm. Either he is a spud or he is injured a lot.

1 year deal on draftee wage maybe.

Well I suppose that is better than soft tissue/ligamet. Dude does seem to be injured a lot at GWS and now Carlton.

Would take on the very cheap but geez you'd have to be cautious if he gets delisted again.
He has the ugly ones too, the GWS injury was a lisfranc.

Well I suppose that is better than soft tissue/ligamet. Dude does seem to be injured a lot at GWS and now Carlton.

Would take on the very cheap but geez you'd have to be cautious if he gets delisted again.
I think he’s just what we need in our forward line with Ballas on his way out. He’s young and very quick and skillful. Would love him in the purple.

Just listening to the road to the draft podcast.

They did a questionnaire with 5 recruiters and one of the questions something about "do you rate this years talls less because of the troubles of the previous high picks"

One recruiter said (paraphrasing) "you don't rate them less because of the past draftees but I don't rate this years tall that highly" - hope that's not Lloydy...

I think he’s just what we need in our forward line with Ballas on his way out. He’s young and very quick and skillful. Would love him in the purple.
I hear what you are saying but he has already been practically delisted by GWS (went to Blues for pick 100 or something equally worthless) and if the Blues let him go, then he probably isn't going to make it. They are terrible.

Lol the Kelly is worth more than Cerra because he has 'performed' argument. The trade proposed would like as if Richmond or North had come to us in 2010 and offered us Martin or Cunnington respectively for Barlow (who statistically at that stage of his career was outperforming Kelly by some margin) and our first round pick that year (which would have been 11 if not for the GC concessions).
Of course we would have bitten their hands off irrespective of who gave up their first: they would have ended up with a B grade (a fair bit better than average, but not a star) player, and we might have won a flag by now.

Would you rather him, or Sheridan or Sutcliffe on our list.

I believe he has a chance of being a good forward pocket so I would pick him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you rather him, or Sheridan or Sutcliffe on our list.

I believe he has a chance of being a good forward pocket so I would pick him.
I'd rather Sheridan than the average pick 75+ or Rookie pick. So I guess this means would I rather a late pick or Pickett.

Probably Pickett but only because I am seduced by talent and he clearly had enough to go pick 4. I think he is less likely to contribute than Sherro but would contribute a lot more if he did.

Hands down prefer him to Sutty. Sherro I think is fine as depth.

If Cerra wants out, it would be better to trade him out now when he is in contract.

Trading out a second year uncontracted player will net us a late first round pick.

Roos may trade out their first round pick this year ie pick 8-10 for Cerra. North will lose that pick due to bidding for Thomas.

if Cerra wants to go, it needs to involve an early 1st from a VIC team that we on trade to Adelaide for MM. Adelaide will want Lukosis, Rankine in the draft, so need early picks. They have 2-3 late first / early second rounders iirc.

If we get MM, Jeremy will sign with Freo.

Surely commonsense that Cerra doesn't get traded this year? We interviewed him lots last year, had the option to take other players and still took him at #5. Fairly obvious the club is confident that he will at the very least stay more than one year, because if we thought he'd leave after literally one season, we'd of drafted someone else. Does he sign a contract or leave next year? Not sure, but it's literally commonsense that hes not getting traded this year.

Lol the Kelly is worth more than Cerra because he has 'performed' argument. The trade proposed would like as if Richmond or North had come to us in 2010 and offered us Martin or Cunnington respectively for Barlow

Somewhat different situation as Martin was already one of Richmond's best players in his debut season in 2010.

Cerra as yet has not done anything. Hasn't been in our top 10 players in any match yet.

If Cerra wants out this year, we will get pick 3-6 for him. On trade to Adelaide for MM and a couple of 2nds. Crows want Lukosis, Rankine.

We then sign JM to join his bro. Forward line solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back