Mega Thread 2018 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people realize how quickly both Cerra & Brayshaw will come on. Their exposure this year was massive. This potential hole Neale may leave is being grossly feared by the Fremantle masses. I'm not worried in the slightest if Neale goes.

Neale leaving wont cost a premiership and he isnt the type that will win one. He is a very good player but not a great player

Don't mind it, seems to make the loss of Neale more palatable, bur reckon geelong would want a sweetener for those 2......come on down Tommy Sheridan!
They may want a sweetener and I wouldn't take a lot of convincing to chuck Sheridan in. But pick 4 will be enticing for them as it will be for us. As another poster pointed out, Duncan is an upgrade on Sheridan.

That kind of wheeling and dealing netts us 4 best 22 players, but possibly no best 10 players*. But we would still have our pick 5 to score Rozee/Smith perhaps.

IF we assume;
  • Duncan off half back releasing Blakely midfield (which I hope happens anyway)
  • Kelly midfield
  • Lobb forward
  • Conca bench/injured
  • pick 5 forward
The point is that we would have depth and maturity. If/when they gell, the best 22 should be very competitive at the least.

* Duncan, Kelly and Lobb at least have the potential to be best 10.

Last edited:
Yeah that was actually the point I was making. That it doesnt make sense to accept losing an elite mid because we have two with potential.

That's not even my point there. I never said "I accept Losing Neale because we have 2 upcoming so we're covered"

My points are:

1. Cerra & Brayshaws' development are being undermined.
2. The hole Neale leave won't be big.

I didn't even mention picks.

That's not even my point there. I never said "I accept Losing Neale because we have 2 upcoming so we're covered"

My points are:

1. Cerra & Brayshaws' development are being undermined.
2. The hole Neale leave won't be big.

I didn't even mention picks.

Of course him going leaves a massive hole. He's played all 22 games this year and over the season wasn't too far off Fyfe. Only player in the AA squad.

Maybe Cerra/Brayshaw 'catch-up' in 3-4 years but they certainly aren't next year.

Of course him going leaves a massive hole. He's played all 22 games this year and over the season wasn't too far off Fyfe. Only player in the AA squad.

Maybe Cerra/Brayshaw 'catch-up' in 3-4 years but they certainly aren't next year.

This just proves my point.

"Maybe"

"Catch Up"

"3-4 Years"

Clearly haven't paid attention to other high draft picks in recent times who have had overloaded first years only to become starting and influential midfielders at a young age. A few with less influential ruckman (eg Bont), a few who are actually now first named and don't have similar luxury of experience and size like Fyfe / S.Hill / Blakely / Mundy around them (eg Oliver / Merrett)

This whole security / body bag thing is the dumbest thing I've ever heard supporters talk about. It doesn't make sense and the only extreme example of it maybe being proven is if in 3-4 years time Cripps is completely cooked.

Also there's plenty of things to suggest it won't be massive. I never actually pinned those two as an answer to Neale leaving also, my post was originally written in response to the expectations / prediction of them.

That won’t happen. The 2 pick part. Can guarantee that.
Medhut and Carter will go for 2019 third or fourth picks or come free
This just proves my point.

"Maybe"

"Catch Up"

"3-4 Years"

Clearly haven't paid attention to other high draft picks in recent times who have had overloaded first years only to become starting and influential midfielders at a young age. A few with less influential ruckman (eg Bont), a few who are actually now first named and don't have similar luxury of experience and size like Fyfe / S.Hill / Blakely / Mundy around them (eg Oliver / Merrett)

This whole security / body bag thing is the dumbest thing I've ever heard supporters talk about. It doesn't make sense and the only extreme example of it maybe being proven is if in 3-4 years time Cripps is completely cooked.

Also there's plenty of things to suggest it won't be massive. I never actually pinned those two as an answer to Neale leaving also, my post was originally written in response to the expectations / prediction of them.
I really hope your right.

What saw this season was a lot of stealing from Peter to pay Paul.

Walters and Mundy switched between the forward line and midfield but we each time it rob one area. Blakely and S Hill went back and rob the midfield.

Too many times it was just solving one problem to create another.

Losing Neale will make this worse not better.

Yes, over time Neale can be replacement but in the short time no.

Just hope we don't do a Melbourne and crash and burn our young players in the process.

Medhut and Carter will go for 2019 third or fourth picks or come free

I really hope your right.

What saw this season was a lot of stealing from Peter to pay Paul.

Walters and Mundy switched between the forward line and midfield but we each time it rob one area. Blakely and S Hill went back and rob the midfield.

Too many times it was just solving one problem to create another.

Losing Neale will make this worse not better.

Yes, over time Neale can be replacement but in the short time no.

Just hope we don't do a Melbourne and crash and burn our young players in the process.
With regards to Neale I think you're right, we need those older midfield guys around showing the going mids how it's done. That's why I think the club will chase Conca if Neale goes, so that we can have some experience around the group.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Getting Lobb and Duncan chat makes me think Darcy could be out?

I wonder if we flopped out an offer for Kelly and Duncan’s manager caught wind and discussions started to take place??

Solid links to Conca.
Lobb still seems hypothetical.
Duncan seems unsubstantiated rumour.

Kelly links have been minor.

I wonder if we flopped out an offer for Kelly and Duncan’s manager caught wind and discussions started to take place??

Solid links to Conca.

I was thinking the same thing.

Kelly plus pick for Darcy.

Future 2nd round pick for Lobb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They may want a sweetener and I wouldn't take a lot of convincing to chuck Sheridan in. But pick 4 will be enticing for them as it will be for us. As another poster pointed out, Duncan is an upgrade on Sheridan.

That kind of wheeling and dealing netts us 4 best 22 players, but possibly no best 10 players*. But we would still have our pick 5 to score Rozee/Smith perhaps.

IF we assume;
  • Duncan off half back releasing Blakely midfield (which I hope happens anyway)
  • Kelly midfield
  • Lobb forward
  • Conca bench/injured
  • pick 5 forward
The point is that we would have depth and maturity. If/when they gell, the best 22 should be very competitive at the least.

* Duncan, Kelly and Lobb at least have the potential to be best 10.
You do not want duncan as a half back flanker. He is diabolical in that position. Its been tried a couple of times and it always fails spectacularly in comical fashion. He is a pure winger.

Unless one of our other boys wants to be or is good enough to play first ruck in the future we wouldn't replace Darcy with Lobb. He has chosen (if he has) Freo over WC because he wants to play mainly forward.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing.

Kelly plus pick for Darcy.

Future 2nd round pick for Lobb.

Darcy and future 1st for Kelly and Duncan?

If Neale goes we probably give up that early pick instead of future pick.

Lobb for somewhere around pick 25 (however we get that)

Conca for free.

Solid links to Conca.

Id highly doubt it. Darcy strikes me as a loyal bloke. Cant see him leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back