Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we want McGovern considering the $$? Can't see Hamling, McGovern, Logue and Pearce all slotting into the back 6.

Hogan would be terrific though.

Hamling, Pearce Logue
Ryan McGovern Wilson.

Yeah I could handle that

I haven't liked Ryan having to lock down so much this year. We need to free up Ryan and Hamling could lock down on the smaller type forwards.

Also add Carter as 7th defender and it's a great balance. I can see Carter playing every game with the strength and support around him.

Hamling AP Logue
Ryan Gov Wilson Carter

:raisedhands::raisedhands:

Hamling, Pearce Logue
Ryan McGovern Wilson.

Yeah I could handle that

If Hogan's unlikely I'm OK with that. But if throwing a truck load of money at McGovern who is elite but isn't a player we need makes luring Hogan less likely or squeezes out 1 of our young guns down the track then I vote no.

If you recruited McGovern why would you waste him down back? He'd be the perfect answer to your forward line problems. All Ross would have to do is tell your players to pretend Gov played for the opposition. He'd mark every kick you sent into the forward 50. :wink:

If you recruited McGovern why would you waste him down back? He'd be the perfect answer to your forward line problems. All Ross would have to do is tell your players to pretend Gov played for the opposition. He'd mark every kick you sent into the forward 50. :wink:
Touche!

Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to execute this under pressure. :oops:

I know that the smoke has been swept under the carpet for the moment both here and more importantly not too far beyond but unfortunately the smell lingers on.....and it saddens one who’s been there from day dot to fear a day where we need to also bring in the SAS to clean things up. Looking through my lavender tinted glasses, I just can’t see the problem but the smell...it won’t go away.

I haven't liked Ryan having to lock down so much this year. We need to free up Ryan and Hamling could lock down on the smaller type forwards.

Also add Carter as 7th defender and it's a great balance. I can see Carter playing every game with the strength and support around him.

Hamling AP Logue
Ryan Gov Wilson Carter

:raisedhands::raisedhands:
McGovern is fantastic at intercept marks, but it is the players he gets the ball to that create the turnover goals. With Yeo
and Sheppard, both very good overhead setting up plays, Hurn's boot, and cameos from Duggan, etc
Basically if you bomb the ball forward you will lose against WC.
Wait till they play against teams that use the ball well, make theirs backs accountable.

Herald-Sun did another story today - mostly a timeline of what is known about the case, and the AFL not answering questions about the alleged payment.

Footy 'payout' silence
THE AFL is refusing to answer questions about whether it is investigating an alleged payment to a sexual harassment victim to buy her silence.
The Fremantle Dockers are embroiled in claims that the sexual harassment complaint made against a club official late last year was covered up.
The AFL told the Herald Sun last Friday that its integrity unit investigation into the complaint had concluded without any sanctions.
But the AFL did not respond yesterday to questions over claims the complainant, a former Dockers office worker, received a payment.
The questions put to the AFL included whether it was investigating a payment by Fremantle, any club official or any associated party.
The AFL was also asked if payments to sexual harassment victims were condoned under its Respect and Responsibility policy, relaunched in November. Fremantle was forced under the policy to alert the AFL’s integrity unit once it received the complaint.
The policy had been changed amid concerns that past complaints may have been brushed under the carpet.
The league confirmed there had been a complaint in December, but only said the matter was closed after the Herald Sun last week published a story about the alleged payment.
The Dockers have only released one public statement about the case, saying at the weekend it was a “workplace matter that has been resolved by the club”.
Fremantle coach Ross Lyon said following the Dockers’ loss to Greater Western Sydney on Saturday: “I’m aware that the club and the AFL have released a statement.
“The whole club will reference that statement and no one’s in a position to comment any further.” The league also refuses to say whether it interviewed the former Dockers staff member who made the complaint.
A source close to the case said last week: “The amounts, and anything to do with that, I can’t comment on. So much is geared towards protecting a lot of people.” A second source said: “They’ve said that if anyone talks it will be stopped — the payment.” Kate Jenkins, Sex Discrimination Commissioner and Carlton board member, said: “I was involved in last year’s review of the AFL’s Respect and Responsibility policy, however I am not involved in the handling of individual complaints lodged with the AFL.
“I encourage the AFL and clubs to continue the education process about the Respect and Responsibility policy.” Tanya Hosch, the league’s inclusion and social policy manager, did not return calls. The AFL did not respond to any of the Herald Sun’s questions before deadline.
stephen.drill@news.com.au

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Sun reporting that Freo is embroiled in claims that the Herald Sun made.

Is this real? This pisses me off.

Imagine if Robbo spent his time trying to have a family instead of sitting in the back alley behind clubs trying to sniff gossip like a cockroach all his life.

So if you believe the Herald Dumb the club currently is currently having a sex scandal crisis meeting.

Herald Sun reporting that Freo is embroiled in claims that the Herald Sun made.

Freo have paid someone money and the AFL have investigated (imposing no sanction) long before it was reported. So I don’t think you can describe this as an invention of the paper. People seemed to be talking about it on this forum for some time before Freo were named, so seems like it’s a pretty hot topic at the club.

Could be a bit in this. I had heard of issues a few months ago regarding a senior official from multiple sources independent of each other (both mentioned by name the official in question).

All of Perth had heard the rumour. Some people have also rumoured that the rumour was given legs by certain groups that were keen to get a change in leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back