Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of Perth had heard the rumour. Some people have also rumoured that the rumour was given legs by certain groups that were keen to get a change in leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh these certain people are the real worry. They are willing to bring the club down to get their own way. Sumich was moved on for a reason . They should realise that Sumich is never going to be a league coach and get their heads out of their arses.

The Herald Sun turned to long time Freo favourite Kim Hagdorn today:

Dockers duck sex scandal details
Fremantle chief executive Steve Rosich has addressed club staff about the sexual harassment storm engulfing the Dockers.
Mr Rosich was also expected to speak to the playing group about the allegations surrounding a senior club figure.
Fremantle and the AFL have refused to answer questions about an alleged payment made to a former junior staff member. The young woman came forward late last year with claims she had been sexually harassed by the Dockers figure at a Fremantle bar several years ago.
Fremantle immediately referred the complaint to the AFL integrity unit. But the AFL last week revealed its investigation had concluded, with no sanctions handed down, amid claims the woman had been paid off.
Veteran Perth journalist Kim Hagdorn said yesterday Mr Rosich spoke to club staff early on Monday morning.
“It has not been revealed to Fremantle staff who is the culprit and virtually no details are being disclosed to any of the staff,” he told 6PR Radio.
“Staff have effectively been told to get on with business as usual, with management now running a prepared strategy to handle any further fallout on this issue.
“You don’t have a discussion in AFL circles at any stage of any day where this issue isn’t brought up.” Hagdorn said the sexual harassment investigation had turned into a “cover-up”. “I’m convinced this is not going away ... because there are too many questions,” he added.
Hagdorn also said: “You get phone calls from people with threats to say ‘don’t run with these rumours’. And I say, my response is ‘no, no, no, I know the information, I’m not dealing in rumours’.”Fremantle and Mr Rosich did not return calls yesterday.

Can we just shut the f*** up with all this s**t? Until actual information comes to light, it is bullshit speculating and rumours.
My understanding of law is passing at best but isn't the whole point of getting paid for non-disclosure that you are not allowed to speak up. In other words, I don't think they can name and shame without causing significant financial/legal distress to the alleged victim and/or incurring legal action against themselves.

Can we just shut the f*** up with all this s**t? Until actual information comes to light, it is bullshit speculating and rumours.
If we close our eyes, and block our ears, it will definitely all go away.
I'd note we have dozens and dozens of pages speculating about incidents involving Johnno and Bennell. In the Johnno case he was even charged and every man and his dog had an opinion about whether he had broken the law before the court hearing. I'm just noting what is out there.

If we close our eyes, and block our ears, it will definitely all go away.
I'd note we have dozens and dozens of pages speculating about incidents involving Johnno and Bennell. In the Johnno case he was even charged and every man and his dog had an opinion about whether he had broken the law before the court hearing. I'm just noting what is out there.

True but there is a reason the thread discussing this was locked. It is just the morons at the Herald Sun rehashing the same article every day. There is no actual information other than that an incident has occurred and been dealt with internally and by the AFL. What else is there to discuss or speculate on?

It is incredibly concerning. I'm not going to pretend it's false and didn't happen. I'm sure the whole truth will eventually come out and whoever was involved I hope is dealt with appropriately. Workplace sexual harassment is serious and happens way too often. We, as fans, really don't like when the AFL sweep things under the carpet and do cover ups. It doesn't make a difference to me whether or not my footy club us involved.

The sad thing is the person who is most likely to suffer the more the media dig is the victim of tbe harassment. If she is satisfied with the outcome then let it lie.

If not the club has work to do to ensure it is resolved to all parties satisfaction.

As for the payout it is sometimes the only form of redress for a former employee. As for silence being a cover up it is likely the confidentiality was requested on both sides.

True but there is a reason the thread discussing this was locked. It is just the morons at the Herald Sun rehashing the same article every day. There is no actual information other than that an incident has occurred and been dealt with internally and by the AFL. What else is there to discuss or speculate on?
I wouldn't get hung up waiting for the moment when we get "actual information". I'd speculate that the Herald Sun, Hagdorn and others know enough already that they are going to keep at this until the "senior club figure" is named.
Until then, little bits will come out each day.

Hagdorn is such a disgusting grub.

If this does all get released, the one person that's going to get hurt the most is the victim. Do you know how hard it is for a girl to get a job if it's public knowledge they've claimed sexual harassment against a previous employer? Especially considering in this case it was meant to be a fairly small indiscretion. Still not ok in a workplace, but not something we should ruin careers over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this does all get released, the one person that's going to get hurt the most is the victim. Do you know how hard it is for a girl to get a job if it's public knowledge they've claimed sexual harassment against a previous employer? Especially considering in this case it was meant to be a fairly small indiscretion. Still not ok in a workplace, but not something we should ruin careers over.

The Herald Sun, sadly, has a poor recent record on protecting the alleged victim. Over Christmas they turned on the first accuser of former Melbourne lord mayor Robert Doyle, running pics of her at the beach on the front page and repeatedly attacking her credibility. Ultimately the complaints were upheld, Doyle disgraced and the Herald Sun left backing the wrong horse.

We don't know who the victim is here. Many women have claimed sexual harassment to try to ruin a career for a variety of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back