Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a great article, outlines how valuable he could be in the future - and not just because of his playing.

Absolutely. ...On a purely subjective note (and this is a weird thing to say about a footballer, I know, but) there's almost an ethereal quality about Cerra that evokes, at least in me, a heightened sense of the mystical or sublime. Something about the quality of his attention is utterly otherworldy.

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/af...ers-keep-lyon-hanging-on-20180716-p4zrrz.html
How bad is this article! Like its written by a clueless WC supporter!

I actually emailed the journalist who wrote this article as follows:

Hi David

Just read the tripe you dished up in today's online article - "(Almost) a perfect day for West Coast as Dockers keep Lyon hanging on".

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all journalists obliged to meet minimum ethical requirements including truth, accuracy, fairness and impartiality? If that's correct, you failed that measure.

The bias in your article against Fremantle and Ross Lyon and in favour West Coast was barely disguised given the language employed and the selective focus on both games. You conveniently neglected to mention certain facts about the Fremantle side, namely the young age profile and the fact that their two best players were missing in Fyfe and Sandilands. Instead you somehow made Fremantle's win all about Lyon saving his job.

Perhaps your reference to the Eagles "winning against a premiership contender" and having a "gritty win" would at least apply equally to Fremantle's victory over Port Adelaide? The latter even more so given that West Coast easily accounted for Collingwood whereas Fremantle had to grind out a win.

David, at least try to make some semblance of effort when you're doing your job. To loosely paraphrase your words, efforts like your last one could see you making an early exit from your current employment.

Cheers
CK

His response was as follows:

Thanks for reading Chris ... but i'm not biased at all. Even so, the piece was categorised as an 'analysis', which is:

- the Eagles win was indeed gritty given they had star players return first up, lost Naitanui and won at the MCG against a team that had won seven straight.

- Lyon is lucky and on his last legs (many other journos around town think the same but are too afraid to say it in public) ... he's two massive defeats away from being sacked. The match they played yesterday was simply ugly to watch, with many AFL journos in the media box also describing it as one of the worst games of football they had seen at senior level.

If you watched his press conference after the match you can tell he knows he is on a hiding to nothing if they keep dishing out performances like that. He dodged a bullet.

David Prestipino
Writer/Producer
kHwgcVemO1TZryXD1JwBB1RKkmMXlKPEDZXWsIRHhY24aDBKlSOgRtWjRTtoRRIogdWebVb9Yh3ok9OhBcrrr-5xAVAYULF97hRj11nypguhgbUxhtpGYKfoWrnRBTn_-HMWWQ01L8Xg70epb0KvkMoPV1_wxwkrEkMPT3ETdA=s0-d-e1-ft

(08) 9220 1561
0413 591 379
Level 1, 169 Hay Street
East Perth, WA 6004

(Please note my normal office hours are Tue, Wed, Fri 0600-1400)

Hi David

Just read the tripe you dished up in today's online article - "(Almost) a perfect day for West Coast as Dockers keep Lyon hanging on".

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all journalists obliged to meet minimum ethical requirements including truth, accuracy, fairness and impartiality? If that's correct, you failed that measure.

The bias in your article against Fremantle and Ross Lyon and in favour West Coast was barely disguised given the language employed and the selective focus on both games. You conveniently neglected to mention certain facts about the Fremantle side, namely the young age profile and the fact that their two best players were missing in Fyfe and Sandilands. Instead you somehow made Fremantle's win all about Lyon saving his job.

Perhaps your reference to the Eagles "winning against a premiership contender" and having a "gritty win" would at least apply equally to Fremantle's victory over Port Adelaide? The latter even more so given that West Coast easily accounted for Collingwood whereas Fremantle had to grind out a win.

David, at least try to make some semblance of effort when you're doing your job. To loosely paraphrase your words, efforts like your last one could see you making an early exit from your current employment.

Cheers
CK

Thanks for reading Chris ... but i'm not biased at all. Even so, the piece was categorised as an 'analysis', which is:

- the Eagles win was indeed gritty given they had star players return first up, lost Naitanui and won at the MCG against a team that had won seven straight.

- Lyon is lucky and on his last legs (many other journos around town think the same but are too afraid to say it in public) ... he's two massive defeats away from being sacked. The match they played yesterday was simply ugly to watch, with many AFL journos in the media box also describing it as one of the worst games of football they had seen at senior level.

If you watched his press conference after the match you can tell he knows he is on a hiding to nothing if they keep dishing out performances like that. He dodged a bullet.

David Prestipino
Writer/Producer
kHwgcVemO1TZryXD1JwBB1RKkmMXlKPEDZXWsIRHhY24aDBKlSOgRtWjRTtoRRIogdWebVb9Yh3ok9OhBcrrr-5xAVAYULF97hRj11nypguhgbUxhtpGYKfoWrnRBTn_-HMWWQ01L8Xg70epb0KvkMoPV1_wxwkrEkMPT3ETdA=s0-d-e1-ft

(08) 9220 1561
0413 591 379
Level 1, 169 Hay Street
East Perth, WA 6004

Very well said. Pretty pathetic response from him. I noticed matthew lloyd suggested we would have won by 10 goals had we had any sort of a forward line.. Lyon is not barely holding on, the club is fully invested in his rebuild, as frustrated as some of us supporters get. West Coast were also missing only barass from their starting 22, collingwood had cox, treloar, blair, Dunn, fasolo, wells, elliott, goldsack from their best 22..

Last edited:

Hi David

Cheers
CK

David Prestipino
Writer/Producer

(08) 9220 1561
0413 591 379
Level 1, 169 Hay Street
East Perth, WA 6004

What an idiotic response. I’m staggered at what passes for sports journalism these days. Journalists like this one demonstrate a complete lack of basic knowledge about the game and also a complete lack of professionalism with the emotive and over the top language they use. I suspect part of it is to do with the fact that sub-editors have been largely scrapped so it’s just second rate journalists sitting at a laptop uploading rubbish directly to the net.

Plus WA media always has and probably always will be an extension of the Eagles’ PR Department, which is exactly the reason why Cousins and co were able to get away with their extra-curricular activities for as long as they did. This is demonstrated by the fact that a number of Media outlets actually sponsor the Eagles. Suspect it will never change.

Absolutely. ...On a purely subjective note (and this is a weird thing to say about a footballer, I know, but) there's almost an ethereal quality about Cerra that evokes, at least in me, a heightened sense of the mystical or sublime. Something about the quality of his attention is utterly otherworldy.

He’s the stoic teenager in a coming of age movie

Is it wrong that this piece of prose gave me a semi?

I liked the part where he clearly and succinctly offered a rebuttal to the points you made about Fremantle's age profile and injuries relative to his frothing over West Coast.

"If they keep dishing out performances like that"

What, you mean winning?

******* tosser.

Hi David

Cheers
CK

David Prestipino
Writer/Producer

(08) 9220 1561
0413 591 379
Level 1, 169 Hay Street
East Perth, WA 6004

Please give him another serve. His articles have been like this for weeks

Hi David

Cheers
CK

David Prestipino
Writer/Producer

(08) 9220 1561
0413 591 379
Level 1, 169 Hay Street
East Perth, WA 6004

What a friggin knob gobbler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Prestipino is a Freo supporter. One of many thousands that know Freo is going nowhere under Lyon. A handful of Bigfooty posters don't get that though so I doubt The West will get much backlash against the articles like this. Keep banging on amongst each other on here though, it's good for a laugh.

Prestipino is a hack journalist. His article about Ross Lyon a couple of months ago was a total fabrication. Also insinuated Cowan left Freo due to sexist behaviour but didn’t even bother to give her a phone call. It isn’t journalism at all, it is utter trash.

Would love for Fyfe or someone to call him out on the utter s**t he writes if he is ever at a press conference. Fairfax should actually be embarrassed employing such a hack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Prestipino is a Freo supporter. One of many thousands that know Freo is going nowhere under Lyon. A handful of Bigfooty posters don't get that though so I doubt The West will get much backlash against the articles like this. Keep banging on amongst each other on here though, it's good for a laugh.

Get a grip. Some of the s**t he has written is laughable, no matter who you support. Lots of sweeping statements stated as facts with zero research.

No he's not. He's a mad WC fan. If you are going to have a dig at people calling him out for trash writing, at least make sure you have your facts straight first.

edit - btw he works for WA Today (ie Fairfax), not The West. If Freo does go somewhere under Lyon you'll be 3 from 3 :)

Last edited:
Get a grip. Some of the s**t he has written is laughable, no matter who you support. Lots of sweeping statements stated as facts with zero research.

I don't read his articles just know that he's a Freo supporter who realises Lyon isn't the answer to our first flag just like most of the football following public.

If he's writing s**t then yeah that's not cool but tbh, most media articles are crap these days so he's fitting right in. If you don't like fake news don't buy it or click on it. Simple.

No he's not. He's a mad WC fan. If you are going to have a dig at people calling him out for trash writing, at least make sure you have your facts straight first.

edit - btw he works for WA Today (ie Fairfax), not The West. If Freo does go somewhere under Lyon you'll be 3 from 3 :)

Pot, kettle, black!

Who do you see waiting in the wings to take over from Lyon ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back