Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calling out WA Eagle Centric media:
  • They bash Freo about culture/Coach/Under performance all year - claim that Neale is seeking to move to lions due that poor culture.
What about the Eagles culture???:
  • They have Lycette and Gaff both looking for greener pastures when the eagles are primed for premiership window - why is there no questions being raised about Eagles culture?
Because it's all bullshit!

Reality is Freo is second year (draft wise) into a major re-build following a 3 year window of pushing for a flag - '13-'15. If they get it right - and only hindsight will tell us that we should be pushing for finals from '19 and hopefully have another strong premiership window opening up from '20-'23.

Reality is Eagles will not be in the window over that period due their list profile (they must have salary cap issues hence why those 2 key players seeking a move elsewhere) - They recently locked away their coach on an extension to ensure he doesn't come under pressure when they bottom out (and they will!). This year might be like Freo's 2015 year for eagles - make or break - if they go out in straight sets I won't be expecting them to do one better next year! The re-build will begin in earnest!

Media just do fingernail analysis (to coin a Lyon phrase) on a week to week basis - can't wait for season to be over and the freo bashing end.

Bring on 2019 - I'm confident Freo is on right track to get back into sustained contention despite the hysteria created by ex-eagle players/ and their supporters in the media.

While watching Freo/Collingwood, they put up a bar chart showing the number of games played by first years in 2018. We were in first place by at least double the next team at around 84 games from memory. WC were a long way down the list. At least some people are pulling out relevant stats.

I love me a good bar graph based on solid numerical fact.

Calling out WA Eagle Centric media:
  • They bash Freo about culture/Coach/Under performance all year - claim that Neale is seeking to move to lions due that poor culture.
What about the Eagles culture???:
  • They have Lycette and Gaff both looking for greener pastures when the eagles are primed for premiership window - why is there no questions being raised about Eagles culture?
Because it's all bullshit!

Reality is Freo is second year (draft wise) into a major re-build following a 3 year window of pushing for a flag - '13-'15. If they get it right - and only hindsight will tell us that we should be pushing for finals from '19 and hopefully have another strong premiership window opening up from '20-'23.

Reality is Eagles will not be in the window over that period due their list profile (they must have salary cap issues hence why those 2 key players seeking a move elsewhere) - They recently locked away their coach on an extension to ensure he doesn't come under pressure when they bottom out (and they will!). This year might be like Freo's 2015 year for eagles - make or break - if they go out in straight sets I won't be expecting them to do one better next year! The re-build will begin in earnest!

Media just do fingernail analysis (to coin a Lyon phrase) on a week to week basis - can't wait for season to be over and the freo bashing end.

Bring on 2019 - I'm confident Freo is on right track to get back into sustained contention despite the hysteria created by ex-eagle players/ and their supporters in the media.

You need to stop comparing the two clubs.
Making the finals is what we do, 23/31 years. We don't rebuild we retool and go again.

Dockers 7/23 years, you can't compare the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making the finals is what we do, 23/31 years. We don't rebuild we retool and go again.

You also cant compare the sides you got when you started in terms of quality compared to what we got

You also cant compare the sides you got when you started in terms of quality compared to what we got

The moronic Eagles’ fans who don’t see any difference between what they were given when they started and what we were given when we started are either dumb or just being deliberately provocative.

Ancient history to some extent but worth bringing up whenever we have to put up with idiots like that guy on our board.

I’d also argue that the Eagles in 2008-10 was a rebuild where they were pretty rubbish and also trying to get rid of their drug/violence/arson issues. In that time they were also assisted by a protection racket in the Perth media who were petrified of Nisbett and/or mates of Cousins’ dad.

this a media thread. You can compare the two. One week of WC media bashing the week after the Gaff hit and West Coast and it's supporters went into meltdown. I know a guy that has worked at the club 10 years. He was shocked at the pressure they were under and some of the "unfair" comments. My thought: that's what Freo deals with nearly EVERY FN WEEK top of the ladder or bottom throughout the season. The point is, in this media thread comparison, is that Ryan can crash his car drunk and not a peep, Yarran gets hounded until he takes his life; BHill can give a false name at a club and it's first page of the West; WC lose three important coaches, not a word, Lloyd gets a promotion to Carlton and its Freo's culture; Gaff (best mid) and Lycett (current best ruck) are basically packing their bags, hardly a negative word said; BHill is apparently out the door (he isn't, it was a lie), and Neale is getting courted by Brisbane, and Haggers and Hardie are calling it an indictment on the coach. I hate double standards at the best of times and Freo cops it basically week in week out in the media and many of us are FN sick of it. You guys saw it for 1 WEEK and Coles and Woolies ran out of tissues. Some of us like to defend our club from the accusations by DHs in the media who stand at the front door of the club with flame throwers and then tell everyone, well if there's smoke, there must be fire. So in summary, fk off.

Brad Hardie going full **** in his new anti Fremantle article.

Just throws in baseless throw away lines about Freo telling players they’re delisted but we might want them if we don’t get what we want in the draft.

The bloke is such a cancer, if Neale and Cerra etc stay, he’s gonna cop it from Freo

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/f...ing-loudly-at-fremantle-dockers-ng-b88949063z

Brad Hardie going full **** in his new anti Fremantle article.

Just throws in baseless throw away lines about Freo telling players they’re delisted but we might want them if we don’t get what we want in the draft.

The bloke is such a cancer, if Neale and Cerra etc stay, he’s gonna cop it from Freo

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/f...ing-loudly-at-fremantle-dockers-ng-b88949063z

That says more about that disgusting, pathetic excuse for a human than anything else.

To suggest the outcome of the Fairest and Best count will be changed if Lachie leaves is a great example of what a scumbag Hardie is.

this a media thread. You can compare the two. One week of WC media bashing the week after the Gaff hit and West Coast and it's supporters went into meltdown. I know a guy that has worked at the club 10 years. He was shocked at the pressure they were under and some of the "unfair" comments. My thought: that's what Freo deals with nearly EVERY FN WEEK top of the ladder or bottom throughout the season. The point is, in this media thread comparison, is that Ryan can crash his car drunk and not a peep, Yarran gets hounded until he takes his life; BHill can give a false name at a club and it's first page of the West; WC lose three important coaches, not a word, Lloyd gets a promotion to Carlton and its Freo's culture; Gaff (best mid) and Lycett (current best ruck) are basically packing their bags, hardly a negative word said; BHill is apparently out the door (he isn't, it was a lie), and Neale is getting courted by Brisbane, and Haggers and Hardie are calling it an indictment on the coach. I hate double standards at the best of times and Freo cops it basically week in week out in the media and many of us are FN sick of it. You guys saw it for 1 WEEK and Coles and Woolies ran out of tissues. Some of us like to defend our club from the accusations by DHs in the media who stand at the front door of the club with flame throwers and then tell everyone, well if there's smoke, there must be fire. So in summary, fk off.

BRAVO!!! sincere plea to MH: read and inwardly digest these reasonable observations.

As an ex-media person, I am all too familiar with bias and weighted commentary. It operates against Freo across the board, with the exception of Mark Duffield.

Here's the curious thing: as a West Oz, I would have quite liked to be able to take some interest in the other WA team now my team is out of finals, if things were not so lopsided. And if I hadn't copped unprovoked, unremitting abuse from Eagles people (often complete strangers) from the moment I naively declared myself a Freo member. I was appalled then, and disheartened now. Gives me no joy to have to be so defensive and adversarial in this town.

Calling Out Brad Hardy - As having any expert knowledge of the inner workings at Freo (now that Suma is gone;)) - he has written a load of tripe aimed at showing Freo is in big trouble off field - what the hell would he know?

Does he not live in Melb (whilst he may come on 6PR it's broadcast from their melb studio) - can anyone confirm this? As does Cameron Ling : so why would they have a clue of what is going on at Freo ? it's embarrassing that other footy shows (footy classified/talking footy) put those two experts up for commentary on Fremantle to try to justify a flog of a narrative (latest being on the Neale to bris due poor culture at freo/lyon lost some players stuff)...

Here is a tip to broadcasters wanting Freo supporters to tune in and take you seriously - why don't you source expert commentary from someone who lives and works in Perth - for an un-biased opinion? Lazy Vic media does my head in...

Anyone who is interested in Hardies shady personal life check out the link to wiki on Brad...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Hardie

Interesting read, always thought he was a lazy media commentator, looks like that might translate to other parts of his life...

I agree with every single point, especially the Ryan/Yarran hypocrisy. I was however replying to a post that was on the majority comparing the two clubs on field.

Have posted this before. His Brownlow was about to be sold at Garside and Web Auctioneers.
I was doing a lot of businesses with them at the time and there may have been pictures of me wearing said Brownlow.
I was told he owed $30000. It was later withdrawn from sale when someone paid the money for him.

I agree with every single point, especially the Ryan/Yarran hypocrisy. I was however replying to a post that was on the majority comparing the two clubs on field.
But even that is well and truly over exaggerated, primarily by the pro ego WA media and many arrogant WC supporters who live in a fantasy land in their own heads... In the past decade (including this season)... you've made finals 6 times versus our 5 times, neither club has won a premiership, both have played in just one grand final each, you got a wooden spoon in 2010, we got a minor premiership in 2015, you've won 124 games versus our 111 games across all those regular seasons, you embarrassed yourselves in the GF against Hawthorn, and similarly they had us covered every time we played them in that period. Neither of our clubs have covered themselves in glory but nor have either been perpetual cellar dwellers like many other AFL clubs over the past decade.

This concept that West Coast are so much more successful than Freo relies heavily on our formative years which isn't really a fair comparison given our situation at that time. But you've got a chance for full bragging rights again if you pull a rabbit out of the hat in this coming finals series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back