Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will win? Let’s look at the evidence!
By Gordon P Smith, 9 Mar 2018

"On the rebound: Fremantle. If Nat Fyfe 2018 is anything like Nat Fyfe 2015, if Michael Walters and Bradley Hill 2018 are like the 2017 models and if Fremantle Nathan Wilson is as good as GWS Nathan Wilson, the Dockers may indeed be closer to three years ago than the last two years."

"I’m taking Essendon and Fremantle to fill out the eight this season. Melbourne and St Kilda could very well become the new perennial bridesmaids – until one of them shows the killer instinct when it matters, like the Tigers did, I’m not jumping on board."

"So, let’s put this all together;
1st – Adelaide
2nd – Port Adelaide
3rd – Richmond
4th – GWS Giants
5th – Sydney
6th – Essendon
7th – Collingwood
8th – Fremantle

9th – Melbourne
10th – Geelong
11th – St Kilda
12th – Brisbane
13th – Western Bulldogs
14th – Hawthorn
15th – West Coast
16th – Carlton
17th – North Melbourne
18th – Gold Coast"

"On the rebound: Fremantle. If Nat Fyfe 2018 is anything like Nat Fyfe 2015, if Michael Walters and Bradley Hill 2018 are like the 2017 models and if Fremantle Nathan Wilson is as good as GWS Nathan Wilson, the Dockers may indeed be closer to three years ago than the last two years."

"I’m taking Essendon and Fremantle to fill out the eight this season. Melbourne and St Kilda could very well become the new perennial bridesmaids – until one of them shows the killer instinct when it matters, like the Tigers did, I’m not jumping on board."

1st – Adelaide
2nd – Port Adelaide
3rd – Richmond
4th – GWS Giants
5th – Sydney
6th – Essendon
7th – Collingwood
8th – Fremantle

9th – Melbourne
10th – Geelong
11th – St Kilda
12th – Brisbane
13th – Western Bulldogs
14th – Hawthorn
15th – West Coast
16th – Carlton
17th – North Melbourne
18th – Gold Coast"

Nice, but he lost me at WB finishing at 13 and falling around laughing at his Collingwood prediction

1st – Adelaide
2nd – Port Adelaide
3rd – Richmond
4th – GWS Giants
5th – Sydney
6th – Essendon
7th – Collingwood
8th – Fremantle

9th – Melbourne
10th – Geelong
11th – St Kilda
12th – Brisbane
13th – Western Bulldogs
14th – Hawthorn
15th – West Coast
16th – Carlton
17th – North Melbourne
18th – Gold Coast"
Just a massive hole in that analysis where the words “forward line” should be.

Had to laugh...

"I don’t want to give you a headline to run with, but I wouldn’t mind kicking 35-40 goals as a midfielder."

.... and the headline is?
So impressed with Fyfe as Captain, speaks so well and real insight. Have the media done a similar story with
Shannon Hurn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can see he listens to questions, pauses and thinks and then answers. 95% of others out there would already have the club endorsed cliched answer ready to go before the question finishes. It's just nice to see.

Argh! Why didn't we pick up Aaron Black? Who the f is Fyfe???

You can see he listens to questions, pauses and thinks and then answers. 95% of others out there would already have the club endorsed cliched answer ready to go before the question finishes. It's just nice to see.

Yeah - definitely a nice change to the usual

He'll be a good commentator / coach in time

I was following JLT 2 on Radio and Twitter pre-game and noticed this post on AFL nation from their commentary team (which was also 6pr's coverage).

In the backround there is adjacent media box marked "print media" with someone leaning forward in West Coast gear.

Not that its a big deal that a journo would turn up supporting his team - but is that Ryan Daniels from Perth Now and 7 media?

Last edited:
It sounds like Fyfe wants to challenge for the 8 this season and it’s clear games won’t be handed out to youth, at least early on in the season. Exciting times if we can deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was following JLT 2 on Radio and Twitter pre-game and noticed this post on AFL nation from their commentary team (which was also 6pr's coverage).

In the backround there is adjacent media box marked "print media" with someone leaning forward in West Coast gear.

Not that its a big deal that a journo would turn up supporting his team - but is that Ryan Daniels from Perth Now and 7 media?
Doesn't quite look like Ryan Daniels. To be honest it's probably their own media writer or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back