Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been told by a journo that there is culture issues at the club - probably why they are pushing so hard on Hogan in comparison to Liam Ryan.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Maybe there are; maybe not too. All I know is than when you win consistently and go deep in finals, no-one really talks too much about that stuff.

Well maybe Ballantyne should have given Ross's press conference because Ross said word for word what was written. I don't have anything against a drink after a game on a 7 day break. But that's not the problem with Jesse.

The whole press conference sounded like Ross making every excuse not to take any responsibility. Asked when Hogan will be back he said, well not up to him, he doesn't know anything he just listens to the medical staff. Please?
Ballas is saying exactly what Ross said tho, the 7 day policy, he just explained it more thoroughly.

Jesse obviously broke the common sense rule in multiple ways (drinking before training, excessive consumption)

Well maybe Ballantyne should have given Ross's press conference because Ross said word for word what was written. I don't have anything against a drink after a game on a 7 day break. But that's not the problem with Jesse.

The whole press conference sounded like Ross making every excuse not to take any responsibility. Asked when Hogan will be back he said, well not up to him, he doesn't know anything he just listens to the medical staff. Please?

That is Lyon's way of "protecting" the player. If its all to do with the medicos then his absence is explained away as a health problem that he's not prepared to discuss. So that way he avoids having to outright criticize the player's behavior in public. At most he'll say something like "it's not ideal".

The media see through it though and that's why they keep banging on about it. I think he would be better served sometimes by actually criticizing players. When he used to do that with, say, Sylvia it created a headline but then the world moved on.

If he actually provided a bit of criticism it would create a distance from him and the poor behaviour. Instead, by trying to frame it as only a health issue that won't be discussed, it actually creates the perception that he is complicit in the poor behavior.

Like Scott Pendlebury, my background is in bball. I have been a big supporter of the Wildcats since when Trevor Torrance was running around with a perm. Let's not get caught up in a bs comparison between the Wildcats and Freo.

1. Bball is a sport where you can take a middle of the road line up, add 2 star imports, and change the direction of the whole season. Cotton and White won the championship for Perth. Without the two of them, Wildcats lose. No question. That does not translate to AFL. You can put Fyfe/Danger/or Dustin in Gold Coast in 2019 and they will still come last or close to it. There is no land of star footballers on the other side of the globe that we can grab 2/5s of our starting line up and see such a quick and profound change on our fortunes in a season.

2. Wildcats are the only team in this state. Even those that don't watch a game would say that they are their bball team in Aus. Want to make up a quick best 22 from Freo and WCs line ups (inj aside). That team would win 3 years straight, at least and be even more popular than WC is now.

3. The Wildcats were in the grand finals and most of the discussions on radio (6PR), and in the back pages of the paper were still on the preseasons of Freo and WC. Most of them could walk down the street and not be recognised by most they walk past bar the odd kid or two. The media between bball and AFL in this state is not even comparable.

I don’t follow the game so I’ll bow to your insight. Just on your first 2 points. If it’s as easy as just recruiting a couple of stars, why aren’t every team doing it? And how many teams are there in SA and Qld?

Loved Basil’s interview with RTB last night, he gave him nothing. Thought Bas was going to bawl his eyes out.
Will upset the Basil lovers out there but questions were blatently aimed at showing his disrespect for Freo and his contempt for RTB...
He tried to sink the boots in but they must have been Nike's because the boots fell apart and left a bumbling slime ball blubbering and searching for his next BS question

I've found the West's approach to be fairly reasonable over the last few days to be honest.

6PR and WAToday, on the other hand, should be black banned until they publicly acknowledge Brad Hardie as a habitual liar and stop calling on his services as a commentator.
Can you add hackdorn to that list? Unfortunately I heard him lambast Freo for trading for Hogan and then laying the blame for his condition completely at the club’s feet. While being prepared to accept we may have not handled the Jesse situation perfectly, I think the club is completely on his side, doing the best they can for a troubled kid and I would like someone to run that shocker over next time they see him near the club!

Yes because somehow that is the important issue...

Well it turns on the facts. If the term clinical came from a clinician in the context of a diagnosis consistent with the framework agreed by the profession then there is no issue.

If someone at the club or in a media role decided to use the term of their own volition then that would be a significantly misleading action, worthy of a pretty hefty sanction. Certainly something a lot more than going back and crossing the word out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it turns on the facts. If the term clinical came from a clinician in the context of a diagnosis consistent with the framework agreed by the profession then there is no issue.

If someone at the club or in a media role decided to use the term of their own volition then that would be a significantly misleading action, worthy of a pretty hefty sanction. Certainly something a lot more than going back and crossing the word out.
I would imagine it would be miscommunication between health professionals and the press release. Instead of anxiety they probably put clinical in front to signify it was a diagnosis.

And on the topic of change in wording of health conditions, which the media doesn't point out, issues like tendinitis and osteitis pubis are no longer given that label as a diagnosis.

Also, the word clinical is a whole lot less confusing about mental disorders compared to the crap that's been said about Hogan and the club over the last few days.

I would imagine it would be miscommunication between health professionals and the press release. Instead of anxiety they probably put clinical in front to signify it was a diagnosis.

And on the topic of change in wording of health conditions, which the media doesn't point out, issues like tendinitis and osteitis pubis are no longer given that label as a diagnosis.

Also, the word clinical is a whole lot less confusing about mental disorders compared to the crap that's been said about Hogan and the club over the last few days.

I like it but its kind of a best case scenario.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...cal-from-jesse-hogan-diagnosis-ng-b881141233z

Freo have been pulled up on the use of the word "clinical."

It is now not used to describe the situation with Jesse Hogan.
I've heard this is only the tip of the iceberg. The problem is rife at the club apparently. An internal memo just last week from Ross used "there" instead of "their" in two places and then later, in that same memo, used "accepted" instead of "excepted". Someone also caught a glimpse of Rosich's whiteboard where he had written "shoe-in" instead of "shoo-in".

Don't even get me started on the alleged missing punctuation, improper use of pronouns, sentence fragments and split infinitives. Freo's administration is in a shambles.

I've heard this is only the tip of the iceberg. The problem is rife at the club apparently. An internal memo just last week from Ross used "there" instead of "their" in two places and then later, in that same memo, used "accepted" instead of "excepted". Someone also caught a glimpse of Rosich's whiteboard where he had written "shoe-in" instead of "shoo-in".

Don't even get me started on the alleged missing punctuation, improper use of pronouns, sentence fragments and split infinitives. Freo's administration is in a shambles.
Ive heard they used "somethink" and "pacifically".

The club is a joke

I know someone who is a Psychologist who works with organisations. I call her an Organisational Psychologist. That is wrong because that relates specifically to someone with a PhD (I think) in Org Pysch. For everyone else it relays all of the facts clearly and concisely.

Don't get caught up on semantics.
apparently you need to receive a "heavy sanction" :rolleyes:

Mark Harvey's would have been good reading
Don't ewes guys think

I've found the West's approach to be fairly reasonable over the last few days to be honest.

6PR and WAToday, on the other hand, should be black banned until they publicly acknowledge Brad Hardie as a habitual liar and stop calling on his services as a commentator.

You must have seen a different West to me then because I think printing an old Photo (2016) of Jesse with his pants down is just disgraceful and served no purpose whatsoever other than to exploit his current problems. No one deserves that. The West is a rag of the highest order with no credibility or relevance to anyone other than petty vindictive and almost always ignorant West Coast supporters.

You must have seen a different West to me then because I think printing an old Photo (2016) of Jesse with his pants down is just disgraceful and served no purpose whatsoever other than to exploit his current problems. No one deserves that. The West is a rag of the highest order with no credibility or relevance to anyone other than petty vindictive and almost always ignorant West Coast supporters.
Don't forget they are major sponsors of WC so they have an agenda...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back